Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 10:45 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

what a horrible horrible thing to do.

Just horrible.

Nevermind what you should do, I just know what SHE should do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 10:53 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
If you don't tell her, it will come up again and again and again and you will have to keep lying and lying. She will figure it out eventually and you will be the guy who told not one lie, but dozens. You know, a liar.

While you're at it, might as well tell her about the girl you cheated on her with.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:06 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I'm a bit of a practical joker and apparently have a twisted sense of humor.

I'm walking to the gfs place at night and talking to her as I do...

We've been on the phone for a while...I decide to start playing around.

I tell her I'm nervous and explain that a car had just stopped in the middle of the road and a guy had gotten out and was being loud. I ask her if I should just continue walking, she says yes. I then say I'm passing them but they're giving me bad looks. I then shout 'what's your problem!?' and neither of us talks for half a minute. I then start faking like I'm running (for like 10 seconds) then stop to see what her reaction was.

All I hear is her running towards me.

I thought maybe she'd pick up on it being a joke...like she'd be more skeptical. I told her to calm down, stop running, and that I was perfectly safe.

And now I feel bad.

I just said I was sorry for putting her through that...but I didn't tell her it was a joke. If I do, I'd be in real trouble...probably kicked out, which I'd deserve.

If I don't, I'll continue feeling like crap....because I'm lying to her on top of everything else.

What do I do? What would you do?

Right now she's in my arms sleeping.

So beautiful...and I'm just taking her care for me for granted. I don't deserve her....

It's like, when you open up to a person, they can manipulate your feelings. I hate having that power over someone because you can abuse it...and I don't know what is abuse and what is just fun...

Though that was abuse, but I don't know how to make up for it and/or never do it again.

Whoa dude. This is pretty messed up.
I'm sure this is not the only way you manipulate/lie to her.

It is time to take a long serious look in the mirror and recognize that a change in yourself would be a good idea. Why would someone do stuff like this? If you lie about things like this, what else are you lying about ?

It is time for a change, it is just too bad that you reached a point where even doing things like in the OP are executed to their full extent. Let alone thought about.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:07 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
You really acted like an idiot..... really, a complete idiot.... But I think you know that. How old are you?

If you learned your lesson and will NEVER do this again, don't tell her because the next time you are on the phone with her and real gangbangers chase you down, rob you, and leave you beat up and bleeding in a deserted alleyway - she will leave you there to die, because she won't believe you.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:11 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
....and I don't know what is abuse and what is just fun...

Though that was abuse, but I don't know how to make up for it and/or never do it again.

Whoa.... I thought it was a one time mistake, but I just reread this.... You are too immature and selfish and possibly dangerous to be in a relationship. I now think you should tell her everything. Maybe she can help you get help...

Old 06-27-2013, 11:22 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
Quote:
It's like, when you open up to a person, they can manipulate your feelings. I hate having that power over someone because you can abuse it...and I don't know what is abuse and what is just fun...

I don't think you are at all remorseful for what you did. In fact, I believe any "guilt" you feel from your actions is nothing more than your observations of normal decent behavior and how your own actions deviates from that. Unfortunately, a forum isn't going to give you a conscience. You either have one or you don't.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:29 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Don't ask dont tell. If she dont bring it up, you don't bring it up.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:38 PM

6,459 posts, read 7,796,492 times
I think the joke is on all of you who fell for it. What a troll.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:52 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
I think the joke is on all of you who fell for it. What a troll.
No, he really is this lacking in emotional intelligence.

Dude, you need to tell her the truth, and you will probably lose her because of it. But you're gonna lose her anyway, because the lie will come between you. So tell her the truth, apologize profusely and hope for the best. Then find a good therapist because there is something seriously wrong with you, and you need to start working on fixing it ASAP.

If I was your girlfriend, I'd dump you on the spot. You don't play around with stuff like that.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
what a horrible horrible thing to do.

Just horrible.

Nevermind what you should do, I just know what SHE should do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
If you don't tell her, it will come up again and again and again and you will have to keep lying and lying. She will figure it out eventually and you will be the guy who told not one lie, but dozens. You know, a liar.

While you're at it, might as well tell her about the girl you cheated on her with.
These ^^^

And seriously man, get some psychological help, you shouldn't be in any relationship, you're not a safe person at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships