Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 03:13 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times

Advertisements

I'm a bit of a practical joker and apparently have a twisted sense of humor.

I'm walking to the gfs place at night and talking to her as I do...

We've been on the phone for a while...I decide to start playing around.

I tell her I'm nervous and explain that a car had just stopped in the middle of the road and a guy had gotten out and was being loud. I ask her if I should just continue walking, she says yes. I then say I'm passing them but they're giving me bad looks. I then shout 'what's your problem!?' and neither of us talks for half a minute. I then start faking like I'm running (for like 10 seconds) then stop to see what her reaction was.

All I hear is her running towards me.

I thought maybe she'd pick up on it being a joke...like she'd be more skeptical. I told her to calm down, stop running, and that I was perfectly safe.

And now I feel bad.

I just said I was sorry for putting her through that...but I didn't tell her it was a joke. If I do, I'd be in real trouble...probably kicked out, which I'd deserve.

If I don't, I'll continue feeling like crap....because I'm lying to her on top of everything else.

What do I do? What would you do?

Right now she's in my arms sleeping.

So beautiful...and I'm just taking her care for me for granted. I don't deserve her....

It's like, when you open up to a person, they can manipulate your feelings. I hate having that power over someone because you can abuse it...and I don't know what is abuse and what is just fun...

Though that was abuse, but I don't know how to make up for it and/or never do it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 03:48 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
if she doesnt know the difference,,,then let it go-

sounds like you learned from it.. thats the important lesson

im from the philosophy, there's a reason for everything, even if we dont see it now-so down the road, with something with much more importance, you will be honest with her. because this happened

Old 06-27-2013, 05:08 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I don't know how to make up for it and/or never do it again.
you dont know how to not make jokes about not being in danger?!?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:17 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,115 times
Quote:
I'm a bit of a practical joker and apparently have a twisted sense of humor.
I'm walking to the gfs place at night and talking to her as I do...
We've been on the phone for a while...I decide to start playing around.
I tell her I'm nervous and explain that a car had just stopped in the middle of the road and a guy had gotten out and was being loud. I ask her if I should just continue walking, she says yes. I then say I'm passing them but they're giving me bad looks. I then shout 'what's your problem!?' and neither of us talks for half a minute. I then start faking like I'm running (for like 10 seconds) then stop to see what her reaction was.
All I hear is her running towards me.
I thought maybe she'd pick up on it being a joke...like she'd be more skeptical. I told her to calm down, stop running, and that I was perfectly safe.
And now I feel bad.
I just said I was sorry for putting her through that...but I didn't tell her it was a joke. If I do, I'd be in real trouble...probably kicked out, which I'd deserve.
If I don't, I'll continue feeling like crap....because I'm lying to her on top of everything else.
What do I do? What would you do?
Right now she's in my arms sleeping.
So beautiful...and I'm just taking her care for me for granted. I don't deserve her....
It's like, when you open up to a person, they can manipulate your feelings. I hate having that power over someone because you can abuse it...and I don't know what is abuse and what is just fun...
Though that was abuse, but I don't know how to make up for it and/or never do it again.
Really BAD joke! With the way things are in today's world, this was probably the worse joke EVER. You put her directly in harms way with her running towards you all scared and could very well have had the Police show up where you were supposedly being "attacked" by these people in the so called "vehicle". You lucked out on that score!
There is only one way to make this right with her and that is to tell the honest to God's truth to her and swear that this is the last "practical joke" you will EVER pull. Give her a few days to calm down, let your relationship settle down then tell her the truth. Apologize to her, tell her how much you appreciate and love her and SWEAR you won't ever do this again.
Oh, and by the way...practical jokers eventually get their just dues so just think seriously about a lifestyle change for yourself before you do get hurt!!

Old 06-27-2013, 05:28 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:

You did something that you must have known was incredibly cruel. Honestly, it sounds like you enjoyed it -- that you enjoy having that "power" over someone else -- and now you're trying to pretend that you didn't. (Budding sociopath?)

You're right, you don't deserve her.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:42 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
1.) Don't tell her this was a joke unless she asks. If she asks, apologize like crazy withoutout laughing.
2.) Never do anything like this again.

And, maybe I'm not helping, but reading the joke was good for a laugh. But no way in hell I would do that to my wife.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:54 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
1.) Don't tell her this was a joke unless she asks. If she asks, apologize like crazy withoutout laughing.
2.) Never do anything like this again.

And, maybe I'm not helping, but reading the joke was good for a laugh. But no way in hell I would do that to my wife.

This is about where I stand^.

I think the others are being a little bit hard on the OP. Yes, he F'd up. Yes it was wrong. But he acknowledges that, and seemingly learned his lesson. We've all done some "wrong stuff" in our life. This was pretty wrong, but I'd give the OP the benefit of the doubt, and assume he really just didn't think this one out. Doesn't make it OK, but if he learns, and doesn't repeat, then it's time to move forward. (If he does it again, then he gets whatever he deserves.)

Old 06-27-2013, 09:29 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Maybe your girlfriend is more tolerant than I am, but you'd be out the door with me. You've shown yourself to be cruel and inconsiderate. I can't think of any reason I would like to have a relationship with a cruel and inconsiderate person, or with someone who thinks it is funny to terrify me.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
You have issues with women, don't seem to have boundaries or know how to behave appropriately. A quick glance at your posting history illustrates that.

Pulling this stunt was a horrid thing to do. You call yourself a practical joker but I call that sadistic.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:42 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
You HAVE to tell her, and do it today.

If you don't tell her, the two of you will end up braking up soon, because she will sense there is something you are hiding, and/or because you will feel there is a barrier between you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships