Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 04:51 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
And, if your date happens to be a type A clean freak, who you really hit it off with, will you change your habits? I ask because I'm a type A clean freak and have no desire to spend my life cleaning up after a man. I'd rather see early on what a pig he is, so I can find someone else. Yes, it's enough to make me find someone else because I absolutely can not stand clutter, filth, or a mess. And if it takes you hours to clean your home, I'm assuming you are a slob. No offense, but that's what it sounds like, though you may think differently.
Hmm, my brother used to be a slob and then he married a woman like you and now he's organized. He said he knew he was in trouble when he opened her fridge the first time he went to her place and all the drink cans were facing the front and lined up perfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 04:59 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
I have no idea what was going on in my SOs house before we met, because 1-2 weeks before I was due to come out and spend the weekend, everytime we talked after work and I asked what he was doing, he said cleaning.

From what I understand, his house was pretty trashed, per his mom and friends. His last gf and her daughter did a number.

I can believe it, because I have seen pictures! :shock:

We have stuff laying here and there and it does seem to accumulate....I don't see anything wrong with you sprucing up before someone comes over. If you get it **** and span clean like new, it isn't hard to keep it that way. Just try and put things away when you are done with them and clean up after yourself.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:01 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Hmm, my brother used to be a slob and then he married a woman like you and now he's organized. He said he knew he was in trouble when he opened her fridge the first time he went to her place and all the drink cans were facing the front and lined up perfectly.
OMG what was that movie with Julia Roberts where she had to get away from her husband and start her life over??? All the towels had to be perfectly aligned as well as all the cans, etc...

Sleeping with the Enemy (1991) - IMDb

There ya go. Yes I am old. That was the year I graduated high school.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:02 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
I spent about 4-5 hours engaged in heavy cleaning before hand, and got the place looking brand spanking new.

I'm not a "slob" by any means, but my last date commented how "clean" I was.
You live alone correct? If it took you 4-5 hours in heavy cleaning then I hate to break it to you, but you are a slob. The good news is, it bothered you enough that someone might see this mess that you cleaned it up. Is it deceitful? Well if you let it all go to hell and don't maintain this then yes, it is.

Now, instead of letting it all go to hell and needing to spend another 4-5 hours the next time you want to entertain, why not just maintain it?

You can always create new habits!

Old 06-28-2013, 06:17 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
As one proverb says: "If a shepherd has a good wife she would make him king."

Old 06-28-2013, 06:17 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
I'm more concerned with the "trash on the bed" comment.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:34 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
If it took you 4-5 hours in heavy cleaning then I hate to break it to you, but you are a slob.

LOL! It would take me at least that much time to get the house ready for company and I don't think we're exactly slobs. We're busy with other important things.

For the OP, no it's not being dishonest if you have to clean up before inviting a date over. Most of us are messier than we should be, but in our heart of hearts, we're clean, organized, beautiful people.

So you're just taking advantage of the situation, in a good way, to let someone know who you are in the best possible light.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:42 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Quote:
The other day I was suppose to have company over. I spent about 4-5 hours engaged in heavy cleaning before hand, and got the place looking brand spanking new.

As I was emptying all the trash off the bed (I usually sleep on the couch), it occurred to me - am I being deceitful by completely cleaning up the place?

Will she be let down when (as the dates go on) things get progressively dirtier?

I wanted to laugh.

Is heavy cleaning expected or deceitful, and does anybody not do it?
LOL
I know what you mean. I do the same.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:04 AM

11,796 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
The other day I was suppose to have company over. I spent about 4-5 hours engaged in heavy cleaning before hand, and got the place looking brand spanking new.

As I was emptying all the trash off the bed (I usually sleep on the couch), it occurred to me - am I being deceitful by completely cleaning up the place?

Will she be let down when (as the dates go on) things get progressively dirtier?

I wanted to laugh.

Is heavy cleaning expected or deceitful, and does anybody not do it?
It's one thing to be untidy or disorganized, but you sound like you like in filth, and that's just nasty.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:18 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
You live alone correct? If it took you 4-5 hours in heavy cleaning then I hate to break it to you, but you are a slob. The good news is, it bothered you enough that someone might see this mess that you cleaned it up. Is it deceitful? Well if you let it all go to hell and don't maintain this then yes, it is.

Now, instead of letting it all go to hell and needing to spend another 4-5 hours the next time you want to entertain, why not just maintain it?

You can always create new habits!
Exactly what I was going to say!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships