Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 06:27 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times

Advertisements

There is nothing wrong with putting yourself in a good light in the beginning of a relationship, but, don't be completely fake. I was dating a guy who said he was a non drinker, non smoker, and basically, he was fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 06:36 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
How did the date go?

Old 06-29-2013, 06:41 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
4-5 hours???? How dirty is your place to begin with???

Old 06-29-2013, 06:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
"i am not a slob".
you have described some housekeeping habits that i am very familiar with-- a bit like me.
i think u already know your standards are not in keeping with others. mine have needed work too. if u can keep up the good work then dating is motivating u to do better.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:32 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
The other day I was suppose to have company over. I spent about 4-5 hours engaged in heavy cleaning before hand, and got the place looking brand spanking new.

As I was emptying all the trash off the bed (I usually sleep on the couch), it occurred to me - am I being deceitful by completely cleaning up the place?

Will she be let down when (as the dates go on) things get progressively dirtier?

I'm not a "slob" by any means, but my last date commented how "clean" I was.

I wanted to laugh.

Is heavy cleaning expected or deceitful, and does anybody not do it?
Is washing your shirt before a job interview being deceitful...no

Old 07-01-2013, 04:51 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,444,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
How did the date go?
That one had to be rescheduled.

However the next person commented on how "clean" everything was..

Old 07-01-2013, 08:24 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Lol, about the trash on the bed...

So I work a lot and have animals.

Its a king size bed, I rarely use it (couch is preferable), so I had some shopping bags and their tags on it. I also had subway a few times and left the bag on the bed before racing off to work. I also had a few small bottles of milk I drank and left there, with the intent to clean up after I got home. I kinda used it as a table I guess..

Unusually long work week, and rarely using the room..plus only one trash can in the house (kitchen).

Hm, I guess another trash can would easily solve this..

I did about three loads of laundry too, and spent most of the time cleaning off cat fur.
EWW. 1 trash can in house is not an excuse to make your bedroom the dumpster. LOL. I remember this guy at work for some reason keep telling me he puts his trash out EVERYDAY. Because he cooks a lot of perishables/meat and he does not want his house to smell.

I don't know but no matter how busy I get I just have this habit of cleaning up after myself RIGHT away. I just don't see the point of procrastinating putting away grocery stuffs or tossing milk(!) really? in the bed. When you can put it or any trash in a grocery bag even without a trash can and just throw it away when you went out to work everyday.

I do understand that people have different levels of cleanliness so I can say OP you are being deceitful like MAJOR BIG time.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:26 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post

Is washing your shirt before a job interview being deceitful...no

Depends. If you get the job, will you then proceed to show up in filthy attire?

Old 07-01-2013, 05:43 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
I used to go through that all the time which is why now that I am in my new place I plan to keep things clean on a daily so I won't have to go through that anymore when someone comes over.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:08 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
I wonder how dirty your place is if it took you 5 hours to clean and you have to sleep on your couch because your bed is covered in trash. My ex was a slob. I'll never ever again be in a relationship with someone that dirty again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships