Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 03:25 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,066,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Generational gap + the fact you're only seeing 5 second snippets of the interaction. Add alcohol + the bar environment and it makes sense. I really don't see the problem. This board often recommends guys who complain about being unsuccessful to get off the computer and meet women. Same thing.

Anyway - she's cute! I would definitely feel lucky if she came up and talked with me =P.

I don't see what the problem with the "PUA" is either - he actually had good advice and directed her appropriately. In fact I know I've seen his advice mentioned on this board before - so I don't get the hate..
If this is how it's done these days...I'm GLAD there is a generational gap. I'd honestly slap one of my friends if she conducted herself like that around a bunch of men. If this girl was going for the "cheap, desperate and easy" look...she scored!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 03:28 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
That is a two way street, my friend. I haven't wanted a long term romantic relationship with any man I have shagged in the last 8 years. Not their fault, it's just not what suits my lifestyle right now. I can assure you that benefits are entirely mutual.
Brilliant. Hold onna minute while I go down the slxt puppy check list to see if you qualify.

Women don't accomplish anything by shagging guys for 8 yrs. In fact while you were standing there raising your hand going "PICK ME, PICK ME!!" the other 150 million women in America were taking a step back and going ewwwwww. You won by default. Kapish?

Old 06-28-2013, 05:58 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
That is the definition of the friendzone. No sexual/physical attraction but you keep talking to that person like friends do.
Wrong. Manipulation is an important piece of the puzzle.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
That is a two way street, my friend. I haven't wanted a long term romantic relationship with any man I have shagged in the last 8 years. Not their fault, it's just not what suits my lifestyle right now. I can assure you that benefits are entirely mutual.
So you offer sex to men without requiring commitment. What does that have to do with the topic at hand? You fall into a different category.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Wrong. Manipulation is an important piece of the puzzle.
Nope, not really. I've been put in the 'friendzone' by many, MANY men and there was never any manipulation involved...they just weren't into me physically but we got along personality wise. So many people THINK they're being manipulated because they aren't getting what they want (a relationship or sex) but in reality they're being treated just like a regular ole friend.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:20 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Nope, not really. I've been put in the 'friendzone' by many, MANY men and there was never any manipulation involved...they just weren't into me physically but we got along personality wise. So many people THINK they're being manipulated because they aren't getting what they want (a relationship or sex) but in reality they're being treated just like a regular ole friend.
Yep.

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Avoiding His Friend Zone | Watch the video - Yahoo! Screen

Wow, Mehow the "the professional pick-up artist" is full of sh*t. The reason this girl keeps getting friend zoned is because she's not attractive. She needs to dramatically lower her standards.

Well that was a complete waste of 30 seconds and pick up artist are about as artistic as my cats.

Quote:
You are not describing the friend zone, you are merely describing men who don't want to have sex with you but still want to be your friend. There is a difference. A HUGE difference.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
You are not describing the friend zone, you are merely describing men who don't want to have sex with you but still want to be your friend. There is a difference. A HUGE difference.
There IS no difference. None at all. I wanted a relationship, he didn't because he wasn't interested in me physically so he put me in the 'friendzone'. No big, you move on.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:43 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
Quote:
There IS no difference. None at all. I wanted a relationship, he didn't because he wasn't interested in me physically so he put me in the 'friendzone'. No big, you move on.
I think guys are so convinced that they can get out of the friendzone when they are put in it by women that they think the reverse is true when the genders are switched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships