Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:36 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times

Advertisements

I would be turned off if this was a new person. However, I went out with a guy who occasionally had bad breath..it would be bad for a few weeks to a month and then not bad for several months again. I've noticed that with myself too, its very rare like once or twice a year, but there will be a few days (luckily not longer than a few days to a week), maybe relating to a cold or something I dunno, where I could just taste the bad breath and know its bad..and I'm not doing anything differently like not brushing obviously. I'm careful to use mints or stay well hydrated or not get too close to people til it goes away a few days later. With this guy I went out with it would take longer than a few days, but because I was so into him, knew him to be hygienic, and had met him without the bad breath it didn't really bother me. If it was bad when I met him, then that would've probably been a deal breaker (..though they really dont make most men as hot as this guy so I'm still not positive). Or if it never got better again after a few months that might start to bother me. Maybe it'll go away on its own soon..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 04:42 PM

874 posts, read 3,679,726 times
Thats just a straight..NO NO NO!!!!!!! HELL NO!! major turn off..imo!

Old 08-04-2008, 11:46 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
This is probably going to sound ridiculous but I’ve very recently started dating a guy who almost always has bad breath. I don’t know how to describe it but it’s definitely not from the food he’s eating. It kind of smells like he smoked a bunch of cigarettes the day before and it’s the leftover coming up from his lungs. He doesn’t smoke or do drugs, though. It actually deters me from doing anything other than giving him quick kisses. I have told him about it and he’s trying to figure out what’s causing it but it’s making him insecure and it’s turning me off in the meantime. I did date a guy a few years back who also always had bad breath—his always smelled stale like a really old person. I somehow dealt with it for a year but long, passionate kisses were out of the question. I’m not sure if I can deal with it again.

Has anyone here ever dated anyone with chronic bad breath? How did you deal with it?
I'm almost sure this means that he dips snuff. Ask him if he dips and see how he responds.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:53 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
This is probably going to sound ridiculous but I’ve very recently started dating a guy who almost always has bad breath. I don’t know how to describe it but it’s definitely not from the food he’s eating. It kind of smells like he smoked a bunch of cigarettes the day before and it’s the leftover coming up from his lungs. He doesn’t smoke or do drugs, though. It actually deters me from doing anything other than giving him quick kisses. I have told him about it and he’s trying to figure out what’s causing it but it’s making him insecure and it’s turning me off in the meantime. I did date a guy a few years back who also always had bad breath—his always smelled stale like a really old person. I somehow dealt with it for a year but long, passionate kisses were out of the question. I’m not sure if I can deal with it again.

Has anyone here ever dated anyone with chronic bad breath? How did you deal with it?

I totally hear ya girl!!! BB is definitly a deal breaker for me! I went to my junior prom with the hottest guy in school, captain of varsity Foot ball team and his breath was bad......I just couldn't do it, made me sick to my stomach. So to say the least....I tried to date him a few different times after that but I just couldn't do it.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:43 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:

You know, I have a thing about oral - wait that didn't sound right LOL (kidding), I'm a big oral hygeine kind of person, their teeth don't have to be perfect (although it's nice) but the guy can't have bad breath. That would be it for me and to, when I say his teeth don't have to be perfect, I mean a little crooked here and there not easily seen is fine but he also can't be all snaggletoothed! LOL Gross - I went on a date with a guy that from his pic everything looked okay but in person, he must have had all rotting teeth - I wouldn't even go on the date with him - as soon as he opened his mouth I was like "we're done" LOL

Old 08-05-2008, 02:02 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Buy stinky some dental floss, mouth wash, a water pick, and a toothbrush, and a dental hygiene book. Wrap it up nicely in some gift paper and send it to him in the mail...then never talk to him again.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:47 AM

355 posts, read 1,376,657 times
i dont know i dont think its a deal breaker. I met this one guy i dated one a week long music fest. all out stuff got stolen so we didnt have tooth brushes or paste and buy oh boy...we all stunk. lol. but after the trip, i found that he just always had bad breath. I got used to to. Eventually we ended it, but not over the breath. I still think about him and could care less about the breath.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:02 PM

My question is this...................if we..the innocent bystanders can smell the funk that reeks out of ones mouth....don't they smell it themselves?? I mean..we've had bad breath one time or another..morning breath..after eating garlic or onions...and we know..or atleast I can smell the funk!! Soooo..you handle it!

I would love to understand..y y y can't you smell your own heat? Oh oh and what kills me is when you offer them gum and they frigin say NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?? Its like a slap in the face..i just don't know..(shaking my head)..

Old 08-06-2008, 01:06 PM

658 posts, read 831,083 times
Yes.

If she cannot brush, floss and freshen up regularly, then I don't need to wonder if she keeps other areas clean either.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Buy stinky some dental floss, mouth wash, a water pick, and a toothbrush, and a dental hygiene book. Wrap it up nicely in some gift paper and send it to him in the mail...then never talk to him again.
Lol..ur bad!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships