Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 09:41 PM

52,259 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
My comment was in relation to the earlier one about a black guy. Do black men need to dress up more than white men, in order to be valued? White guys in California are unlikely to dress up.
Oh,... well, I can vouch for that.

I'm a white dude, living in California, and I didn't dress up for dates.... at least not shirt and ties.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 10:28 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,600,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
My comment was in relation to the earlier one about a black guy. Do black men need to dress up more than white men, in order to be valued? White guys in California are unlikely to dress up.
As a black man, sometimes I feel as though I have to take extra steps to seem less threatening to white women.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:31 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
Race effects everything , it's the one thing you can't escape

Old 06-29-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
As a black man, sometimes I feel as though I have to take extra steps to seem less threatening to white women.
Are you a big dude too??

That comedian Patrice O'Neil does some funny bits about trying to not be scary to white people....

RIP...

Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,600,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Are you a big dude too??

That comedian Patrice O'Neil does some funny bits about trying to not be scary to white people....

RIP...
5' 9" and a muscular 190 lbs. I dont think Im that big, but Im the Hulk compared to some of these scrawny hipster dudes ...

Old 06-29-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
5' 9" and a muscular 190 lbs. I dont think Im that big, but Im the Hulk compared to some of these scrawny hipster dudes ...
Good size to be, 190 at that height is good and solid.

Not too big to be all that scary to white women..... try smiling more.....

I'm around your size... you sound like you've got more muscle than I do. Mrs. Chow tells me that I'm "scary" looking at times.

I'm a white guy, but as I told you, I think the smiling helps, as when I don't smile I look more "mean" I guess. I have long hair in the pony tails and a goatee, so maybe I come off like some kind of biker dude... IDK.....

Just be cheery... at least that's what I'm trying to do...

Old 06-30-2013, 12:14 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octa View Post
Same. I'm biracial and one of my parents went to a segregated school. I didn't realize it until a few years that how close that is to our generation and that it was even worse for my grandparents. One of the first things I came to realize when I moved here was how some people were even less open to letter their kids date outside their race so they role model that for their children. Also because of my complexion, some people would make charged comments around me about it and not even realize it. Either way it usually ends up with them saying they're colorblind or some inauthentic comment like that.
I don't deal with racism personally as I look white. I'm English with one Sephardic Jewish Great-Grandmother. She must have had some very strong genes because generations later, some of us are obviously a mix of something. My mother-in-law couldn't hide the shock on her face when one of my three kids were born and looked so much like my mother. I didn't think that shade of skin and those features would show up so many generations later.

As an adult, I've noticed people treat my mother differently than say myself or my Dad's sister who is the same age and about equally attractive. Only white. It's one of those things that you have to see for yourself to recognize.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:42 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I don't deal with racism personally as I look white. I'm English with one Sephardic Jewish Great-Grandmother. She must have had some very strong genes because generations later, some of us are obviously a mix of something. My mother-in-law couldn't hide the shock on her face when one of my three kids were born and looked so much like my mother. I didn't think that shade of skin and those features would show up so many generations later.

As an adult, I've noticed people treat my mother differently than say myself or my Dad's sister who is the same age and about equally attractive. Only white. It's one of those things that you have to see for yourself to recognize.
My uncle said the same thing. He's white, from England. And he married my aunt a dark skinned lady and it wasn't until he saw the difference in treatment between him and her, first by herself and then how they treat her differently when they find out she's with him that he realized how things can be. Like the entire demeanor changes.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:39 AM

362 posts, read 794,596 times
If the poster is the same black woman who makes these I cant' get a white man post, just move to a country that is 99% white, you should be bound to get something.

Middle eastern women reply back to white men the least, so by that logic if I want a middle eastern women, I move to saudi arabia for wife.

We are not past race yet, it will take 100-400 years before race becomes irrelevent if their is even still a country here and we don't have mass race war or Hitler 2.

Strangely, when race becomes as irrelevent as eye color or hair color. People will be able to openly say I don't date black woman and not be perceived as racist just preference (ie. just like I can say I'd never date a red head and no one would bat an eye or accuse me of hairism or racism).

There are alot of countries that are past race, over race or have not even had racial discussions especially regarding black people. I know you might not believe this but there are places in Africa, Europe, Asia where no one would really care if you were black but may hate you for being muslim or hindu or christian

Old 10-29-2013, 11:00 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I read that article before, I even posted it here in another thread about interracial dating. Basically White males get the most amount of replies, as far as men in online dating and black females get the least amount of replies, amongst females. I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, people have preferences in dating, so what. You can't force people to date interracially.
Some other things I noticed, on this website anyway. Blacks in general get the least amount of responses, even from their own race. On the occasion that Black women receive messages, Black women respond to White men more than anyone else. Black women reply to Black men the least.

When Black men receive messages, Black men will basically respond to everyone, EXCEPT Black women.

What is shows is that Blacks are basically ignored by everyone, including people of their own race.

For instance: On the occasion that a White women sends a Black man a message, Black men have a reply rate of 51%. When it is a Black man sending a White women a message, the response rate is around 21%. This is the same rate when Asian men send White women messages. To understand a better idea of how this works, White women get higher response rates from men of every race, EXCEPT White men. White women receive the most responses from Black men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships