Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 02:35 PM

5,886 posts, read 10,501,711 times

Advertisements

Wont get into details cause this is a PG13 forum, but did you ever were in a relationship when sex was so overwhelmingly amazing that you find yourself thinking you are in love with a person too soon (less than 2 months after starting going out) but you are really just feeling lust??

I ve been going out with this guy for the last 2 months, after my very long 7 year relationship ended, and, well, lets put it this way: never before had sex with someone like i do with him. Either it is insane chemistry, or he is out of this world cause he is older and more experienced, or am i out of this world cause he makes me, or we make eachother the best cause of the chemistry. I dont know. But it is amazing. He has all the other qualities i like in a guy too (smart, intellectual, writer, funny, humble, nice and a gentleman) but its not possible im IN LOVE (wich i feel) with someone i just know for 2 months after being in such a long relationship. I just dont find it possible that im feeling LOVE so soon, so i might be confusing it with the lust i feel when im with him?? what do u think? is this possible? am I in love?? Im terryfied by the thought of being in love and vulnerable again

Last edited by SophieLL; 06-29-2013 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 02:42 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,963,134 times
No. I have never experienced this.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:42 PM

I find myself thinking about him all day.
I dream about him.
I miss his smell (he smells wonderfully, and i do recall his exact smell at random moments of the day)
I became clumsy when i see him, he still makes me nervous (in a good way) and i giggle and turn red on the face the first couple of minutes i see him.
He makes me laugh
When he talks i love staring at him and touching his hair, i feel i could listen him talk for hours.

Could it be that im in love?
I havent felt this way since i was 15 and was in love with one classmate. Only this time i can actually have something with the guy (obviously my classmate never paid attention to me, i was a Loser with a capital L back then )

Am i in love?
Am i blinded by lust?
Do i just have a crush??

Im not 15 anymore. Im 30, he is 40. But i feel like a schoolgirl.

Im terryfied by all this, btw. Will it pass??

Old 06-29-2013, 02:58 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,288,409 times
who cares what it is that you're feeling, just enjoy it

Old 06-29-2013, 03:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Its a little bit of both. Make sure he feels the same way. If he doesn't you end up being a fool.
I'm positive so I hope for your sake its true. I do believe in love.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Its a little bit of both. Make sure he feels the same way. If he doesn't you end up being a fool.
I'm positive so I hope for your sake its true. I do believe in love.
the other day he told me he was in love with me, i told him i was too.

But im not sure i believe him 100%, not cause of what he showed me (so far he seems the nicest guy i ever met and a real gentleman) but because its TOO soon, and im still burned by my last relationship of 7 years and the lies of my ex boyfriend and i dont wanna end up a fool AGAIN, Raena, I just dont. Im really scared about all this.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:10 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,068,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Wont get into details cause this is a PG13 forum, but did you ever were in a relationship when sex was so overwhelmingly amazing that you find yourself thinking you are in love with a person too soon (less than 2 months after starting going out) but you are really just feeling lust??

I ve been going out with this guy for the last 2 months, after my very long 7 year relationship ended, and, well, lets put it this way: never before had sex with someone like i do with him. Either it is insane chemistry, or he is out of this world cause he is older and more experienced, or am i out of this world cause he makes me, or we make eachother the best cause of the chemistry. I dont know. But it is amazing. He has all the other qualities i like in a guy too (smart, intellectual, writer, funny, humble, nice and a gentleman) but its not possible im IN LOVE (wich i feel) with someone i just know for 2 months after being in such a long relationship. I just dont find it possible that im feeling LOVE so soon, so i might be confusing it with the lust i feel when im with him?? what do u think? is this possible? am I in love?? Im terryfied by the thought of being in love and vulnerable again
Love has nothing to do with what you are feeling. If he suddenly was unable to have sex, paralyzed from the neck down, would you feed him? care for him? change his diapers? bathe him? That's love, dear. What you you have is a wicked case of hormones.

Enjoy it while you can.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-29-2013, 03:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
the other day he told me he was in love with me, i told him i was too.

But im not sure i believe him 100%, not cause of what he showed me (so far he seems the nicest guy i ever met and a real gentleman) but because its TOO soon, and im still burned by my last relationship of 7 years and the lies of my ex boyfriend and i dont wanna end up a fool AGAIN, Raena, I just dont. Im really scared about all this.
Sophie just take it slow. My advice is watch how he acts and handles situations. People can and will change. My advice is also date for a long long time. Then see how things are then.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:53 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,173,486 times
That's oxytocin for you.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
That's oxytocin for you.
Nice, you made me read about oxytocin, i even went to wikipedia. That might explain it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships