Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 06:01 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You sound like a good man. You can only control your actions and she's not responding.

I don't think you've got a choice. You may not want the divorce but she's not given you any indication she wants to stay together.
I got divorced about 1.5 years ago after a 30+ year marriage. Do you know I still see her ? We had dinner tonight, watched a movie and went for ice cream.

Just because you're divorced doesn't mean you can't possibly be in her life. It might take the pressure off and you might be able to see more clearly.

She has a lot of history.
Why would you formally marry anyway? If people want to be together they are together..much like this writer..after almost 30 years together - I still have lunch with my former spouse..we discuss the adult kids..and on occasion we get intimate. The point is...Children are a history and a bond between people...Maybe you should get out of the way and allow the father to be father...Your interests are in the woman...not the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 06:08 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Well, I think she has problems-- and maybe you do too. The screaming, throwing things, and picking apart what you say is not just about the ex husband, is it? Normal people do not behave that way consistently. Normal healthy people don't do that.

I'm sorry for her children, but you should let the divorce go through and get very far away.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:17 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,772,216 times
Well, if she has three children from 3 different men at age 30, I'd say she has issues. Perhaps she enjoys the hunt of capturing a man and then when she has him, she is ready to move onto another.
I really don't know, all I know is that if it were me, I'd cut my losses and move on. The true victims are her children, they will carry their childhood into adulthood, she certainly is not leading by example.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:22 AM

96 posts, read 210,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I find women are much more willing to quit because the laws favor them in the divorce, she has a better chance of being happy post divorce than she would have had 50 years ago so there is no motivation for her to stay. This is why there is no motivation for men to even get married in the first place.

The government is trying to social engineer society and its not working, its resulting in negative birth rates for white upper middle and middle class and less marriages.
Negative birth rates? What is that, murder or something??

Old 06-30-2013, 08:29 AM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqcd View Post
Negative birth rates? What is that, murder or something??
More people dying in a certain classification than are being born.

OP - Too much drama for me!

Old 06-30-2013, 09:03 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,641 times
Pretty sure you made a thread about this in another username OP. I've same reaction.... you love drama, dude.. For a guy that's pretty disappointing.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:38 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Bend over spell, RUN.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:51 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,420,620 times
When you go into a situation like that (she's been a single mother her whole life, she's used to DOING everything herself, she doesn't need a guy's help) it can sometimes take a lot of adjusting.

As a guy, you probably want to tell her 'You should maybe do this, or maybe do that' but having always done it herself she doesn't want to hear it, and will likely do it her way anyhow.

The problem is that there are so many dynamics at play, it's difficult to have a peaceful relationship. There's your relationship with your wife, your relationship with each child, her relationship to her exes, your relationships with her exes, your and the wife and kids relationship as a family. That's a lot of potential for conflicts on many fronts.

Only the two of you can decide if your relationship is strong enough to work through this. It takes a whole lot of work and honest communication.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:55 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
This is a tough one. I look at her pattern. It seems she has had a daughter with more than one man. At least one of these men is crazy. I am curious what attracts a man to a woman like this. If you could tell me I'd really appreciate it and would really like to understand. But besides that, one of two things is happening. Either she is confused as to what she wants or she has decided she doesn't want to save the marriage and that is why she is avoiding you. I think she needs to decide on her own if she will return to you or not. You've reached out, she has not responded. Just sit tight, move if you need to move. If there is something to do on your end as far as the divorce and you don't want the divorce, don't do it. I hope that helps. But give her space. She is fully capable of reaching out when she's ready. Don't become like her ex that harasses you two.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:58 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Don't miss the court date or the judge will give her wants she wants in court and you will be screwed. If anything maybe try to talk to her again before court.
Oh I didn't notice this, if there is a court date, yes, you must show up. Let her divorce you is all I meant, don't do the work for her. I think she expects you to chase her like the Jerry Springer ex. DON'T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships