Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 07:10 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Respect is a prime ingredient to love. If there's no respect, there's no love.

Of course I'm stating this based on my own feelings, but I don't see how it can be any other way. You can respect someone without loving them, but I don't think you can love someone without respecting them.
It amazing how simple it is. The respect is something I never had in my first marriage. Treat me poorly I return the favor. Treat me with respect and I will do the same.

It is something I am glad I have this time around. I am glad I have the wife I do. It doesn't get any better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 08:29 AM

513 posts, read 894,790 times
each family is different, some snap at each other often and never have major blow ups, while others never seem to disagree and one day out the blue one spouse snaps and kills the other. most folks are somewhere in between. My wife and i argue about something nearly every day, or talk back to each other in a snappy tone if it is not a true arguement. Does this harm our relationship, well considering we have been together over 19 years now i guess i have to say not at all. We did have a period where we never told the other something they said/did was dumb and never really argued, and during that time once every few months we would have a knock down drag out fight(not physical but verbal) that usually resulted in one or both of us getting hurt feelings and not wantign to be around the other for a few days. So in OUR experience we have foudn what works best for us, get things off your chest before it builds too much. In others' cases this does nto work because someone ends up feeling like the other is constantly belittling them(totally different thing from what we do) and it makes things worse. Then again too i've seen couples married for many years that never fight about anything and then one day they just suddenly announce a divorce.

so i guess what i am saying is never judge your relationship based on others, and just go with what works for you and your mate. be glad that you have what does work, and don't worry about other folks.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:10 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,891,899 times
Good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships