Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 01:35 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Are you for real? If my husband found me repulsive I would HOPE he would have enough sense to leave. I don't want anyone that doesn't want me and I sure as hell wouldn't want him sharing my bed and my home if he found me repulsive. I wouldn't want my kids being raised in that kind of environment and having that be their example of what marriage should be like.
I wouldn't want a man like this, he is a piece of dirt and he should have stayed married and sucked it up. These are the men I have run across doing online dating. Rarely did I run across a man who as divorced because his wife cheated or abused him. Most either cheated or abused their wives or divorced for lame reasons. If he got bored of his wife he would get bored with me or other women.

Quote:
Maybe it was their crappy marriage that caused his behavior. Ever hear of attention seeking behavior? Maybe, maybe, maybe. There are a lot of variables. The fact that they divorced is hardly the reason.
Or maybe neither spouse respected marriage enough.

Quote:
I teach and I can almost always tell which parents have a crappy marriage and which kids have lost a parent to an untimly death. The kids that have divorced parents are usually not the ones that are acting out. Actually, of the approx 150 kids I taught this year...the ones with the worst behavior problems were in families where the parents were still married. Mostly it was inappropriate behavior towards the opposite sex and violent outbursts with both teachers and other students.
The kids I worked with who had divorced parents were acting up far more than the ones with married parents. These were 1st graders and they are too young to be away from their parents full time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 01:36 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Kids need both parents and not "loving" the other parent is an excuse. They probably never loved the other parent and should have thought of that before having kids.
There are some situations where people who have never been through it should just keep their mouths shut. It would be like me giving parenting advice. I can have an opinion, but I don't have kids and so I have no real idea of what it's like to be a parent. You have no idea about marriage and divorce. Zip. Zero. You've never been married and you've never been divorced, so you really don't know what you are talking about. And I would bet that 99% of people who get married love each other the day they get married and think the marriage will last forever. I did. Life is short and I don't advocate divorce, but you have absolutely no idea what it's like to be in an awful marriage. And kids can absolutely have both parents even if those parents aren't in a relationship.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
There are some situations where people who have never been through it should just keep their mouths shut. It would be like me giving parenting advice. I can have an opinion, but I don't have kids and so I have no real idea of what it's like to be a parent. You have no idea about marriage and divorce. Zip. Zero. You've never been married and you've never been divorced, so you really don't know what you are talking about. And I would bet that 99% of people who get married love each other the day they get married and think the marriage will last forever. I did. Life is short and I don't advocate divorce, but you have absolutely no idea what it's like to be in an awful marriage. And kids can absolutely have both parents even if those parents aren't in a relationship.
Actually yes I can state my opinions because these loser men have contacted me on dating sites and am tired of them. I work with kids and I am tired of dealing with kids with behavior issues because mom and dad couldn't work on their issues.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:44 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
Quote:
I wouldn't want a man like this, he is a piece of dirt and he should have stayed married and sucked it up.
And why would his wife want to stay married to him?

Quote:
The kids I worked with who had divorced parents were acting up far more than the ones with married parents. These were 1st graders and they are too young to be away from their parents full time.
My point was you can't make generalizations based on a few students.

Some kids just act up...regardless of the parents marital status.
1st and 2nd graders do this frequently because they have discovered their autonomy, they are no longer the "babies" in the school and they realize they are part of a bigger community. They are learning to assert themselves because of this (sometimes unsuccessfully). It's just the nature of the grade level.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:45 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,799,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
It would prevent things like alimony and child support so if the mom wanted to live on her own then thats fine but there would be no bennies, this would enable dad to hire out his sex since most women wont tolerate sleeping with a married man like men tolerate sleeping with married women.

so it would actually work out pretty decently.
Actually, if a couple separates and doesn't divorce, there is still child support. Just like an unmarried man who fathers a child can expect to pay child support to the mother. Technically, the support is for the child and to pay the child's bills (it's not a benefit for the other parent). You don't get to walk away from your obligation to support your child just because you walk away from the child's other parent.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:45 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
Quote:
Actually yes I can state my opinions because these loser men have contacted me on dating sites and am tired of them. I work with kids and I am tired of dealing with kids with behavior issues because mom and dad couldn't work on their issues.
You can have your opinion, but that doesn't make it right. You can't speak from experience because you've never been married or divorced. You can only speculate.

I would think you'd be happy with taco man now and over all those poor losers who bothered you online. Or are you still trolling around online dating sites just to have something to complain about?

Old 07-02-2013, 01:46 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
Quote:
Then YOU are in the wrong line of work. Kids deal with a lot of "growing pains"...sorry you don't get to pick and choose which ones you are willing to deal with.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:47 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post

Thanks for saving me the typing.

Not to mention that I sincerely doubt that the men who are contacting her on a dating site are spilling their guts and telling her they left their wives because they were bored. I had hundreds of responses when I did online dating and not one--not one--man ever so much as implied that. The dishonesty in that post is so transparently ridiculous and ridiculously transparent in its sanctimonious b.s. that it's actually pretty pathetic.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Actually, if a couple separates and doesn't divorce, there is still child support. Just like an unmarried man who fathers a child can expect to pay child support to the mother. Technically, the support is for the child and to pay the child's bills (it's not a benefit for the other parent). You don't get to walk away from your obligation to support your child just because you walk away from the child's other parent.
And many step parents also get stuck paying it so not only do they get the drama of the marriage but the bills too.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

Thanks for saving me the typing.

Not to mention that I sincerely doubt that the men who are contacting her on a dating site are spilling their guts and telling her they left their wives because they were bored. I had hundreds of responses when I did online dating and not one--not one--man ever so much as implied that. The dishonesty in that post is so transparently ridiculous and ridiculously transparent in its sanctimonious b.s. that it's actually pretty pathetic.
Actually yes the men were telling me why they divorced because I asked most of them. Once upon a time I did date dads and it was essential I knew why they divorced in the event we got serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships