Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 05:58 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,041,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
Yeah that was an understatement. HAD I NOT had drinks bought for me I would have been ok..but two more slid down real quick. Having just salad was not nearly enough to absorb the alcohol. I was at walmart and was like OH god when I got near the wine. I wasn't even planning on going out. Through yoga pants and tshirt on. Took dog to the vet (walking distance) and had early dinner. well...bunch of people showed up that ahd dogs...we all started talking..yeah you see how that ended. I think my dog laughed at me this morning.
I was only in poor shape like that once. Never again!

Same thing though...I was completely in control until people started buying me drinks.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:20 PM

4,001 posts, read 4,088,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
He is working on the deck. I might help him a bit.

I'll be working on cleaning out the 3rd floor, trying to find some stuff I had in boxes for my classroom and going through our bookshelves.

If I'm feeling really ambitious I'm going to clean out my linen closet and get some large bins to organize it. I just can't understand why it doesn't stay organized. My biggest pet peeve.
I thought about taking the screens down in my daughter's sunroom. There are little tab-nabber thingies (a technical term LOL) that hold the screens in and I started moving them, then realized I couldn't get them back to their original position. I decided I'd better not help too much or I'll really make a mess of things. I'll just do the general Mom Cleaning. LOL

Old 07-03-2013, 09:02 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,543,643 times
Waiting for SD to get home so we can go watch fireworks. I hope it actually happens, because I really miss a true 4th of July...family, friends, cookouts, fireworks (watching others because I don't waste my money on that crap. LOL)

I have to work on Friday. It will just be me and the VP in the office. I'm hopeful that few people will be on campus and the phone won't ring. Saturday I have a bridal shower to attend in the morning, birthday party in the afternoon, a picnic to stop by if I have time, and then I have family coming into town who should be here sometime in the afternoon. I'm off work Monday and Tuesday to spend time with them, then I'll work 3 days next week, and then have the next 6 days off work for our vacation. WOO HOO!

Old 07-03-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Waiting for SD to get home so we can go watch fireworks. I hope it actually happens, because I really miss a true 4th of July...family, friends, cookouts, fireworks (watching others because I don't waste my money on that crap. LOL)
What time is it there? It's 11 here...are you 2 hours behind me?
We are staying put on the 4th. I'm running in the morning, then heading to the pool with some friends. Usually some neighbors get together and have a cookout so I think that's the plan for tomorrow night. Our town does fireworks on the 5th of July and they do them over the lake near our house so we'll take a walk down there on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I have to work on Friday. It will just be me and the VP in the office. I'm hopeful that few people will be on campus and the phone won't ring. Saturday I have a bridal shower to attend in the morning, birthday party in the afternoon, a picnic to stop by if I have time, and then I have family coming into town who should be here sometime in the afternoon. I'm off work Monday and Tuesday to spend time with them, then I'll work 3 days next week, and then have the next 6 days off work for our vacation. WOO HOO!
And so when do you breathe??? lol
Sounds like you have a very busy weekend!

Old 07-03-2013, 09:23 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,543,643 times
Quote:
What time is it there? It's 11 here...are you 2 hours behind me?
We are staying put on the 4th. I'm running in the morning, then heading to the pool with some friends. Usually some neighbors get together and have a cookout so I think that's the plan for tomorrow night. Our town does fireworks on the 5th of July and they do them over the lake near our house so we'll take a walk down there on Friday.

And so when do you breathe??? lol
Sounds like you have a very busy weekend!
Yup...we're in mountain time. Most displays in the area are tomorrow night but I will be flying solo and cleaning to get ready for visitors. LOL

I will breathe and relax when I get back to work. Haha. I decided if anyone else plans something for Saturday I'm out. LOL

Old 07-04-2013, 12:10 AM

52,011 posts, read 52,464,357 times
Nevermind.......

Last edited by Chowhound; 07-04-2013 at 12:49 AM..

Old 07-04-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Nevermind.......
Ahhhh, come on! I hate when people do that!

Old 07-04-2013, 09:18 AM

17,620 posts, read 22,578,454 times
God Bless You & your loved ones, My Friends......

John Wayne "America - Why I Love Her" - YouTube

Old 07-04-2013, 10:47 AM

52,011 posts, read 52,464,357 times
Quote:
Ahhhh, come on! I hate when people do that!
LOL, it was nothing fun, I was starting to go on an old man rant, and no on wants that......

Old 07-04-2013, 10:50 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
God Bless You & your loved ones, My Friends......

John Wayne "America - Why I Love Her" - YouTube
Very nice Hawk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.