Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 03:27 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
My neighbor put a life-sized giraffe (metal sculpture) in his front yard. LOL There goes the neighborhood.
Reminds me of the Bloggess' giant metal chicken story: http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-t...-your-battles/

Old 08-28-2013, 04:21 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Here's a question:
If you are a non-working spouse how many of you would seek work if your SO were having difficulty finding work/having trouble covering the bills on a single paycheck?
(This comes from an observation on FB)

Old 08-28-2013, 04:44 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Here's a question:
If you are a non-working spouse how many of you would seek work if your SO were having difficulty finding work/having trouble covering the bills on a single paycheck?
That's why I went back to work. His company was for sale and we weren't sure what the status of his job would be. I sure as heck wasn't going to sit around and wait for him to get laid off before I did something about it. We have savings but I really didn't want to dip into that and we can at least pay our bills on my salary.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:56 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Here's a question:
I would and I think any unselfish person would.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:12 PM

I love little kids!

I gave this survey to my kids (class) that asked questions about what they thought of school so far.

One of the questions asked the kids to describe their teacher.

The majority of the kids described me as "tall, nice, organized, cool or strict" LOL

I get a kick out of tall...LMAO.
I guess all 5'3" of me is tall to them! I did have heels on the first few days. I guess I appeared tall because of that.

And what kid notices that someone is organized? LOL
They crack me up.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I love little kids!

I gave this survey to my kids (class) that asked questions about what they thought of school so far.

One of the questions asked the kids to describe their teacher.

The majority of the kids described me as "tall, nice, organized, cool or strict" LOL

I get a kick out of tall...LMAO.
I guess all 5'3" of me is tall to them! I did have heels on the first few days. I guess I appeared tall because of that.

And what kid notices that someone is organized? LOL
They crack me up.
Well, when you're 3' 3", 5' 3" is a long way up.
When I was in school teachers didn't give a s*** what you thought of them.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Well, when you're 3' 3", 5' 3" is a long way up.
When I was in school teachers didn't give a s*** what you thought of them.
Oh I care what they think. Kids don't learn from people they don't like. They only remember that they didn't like you or how mean you were....not that you sang PEMDAS to them...lol

Old 08-28-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Oh I care what they think. Kids don't learn from people they don't like. They only remember that they didn't like you or how mean you were....not that you sang PEMDAS to them...lol
That's how most teachers were thought about back then and most of them were quite old. Out of the dozens of teachers I had one who was hot and none that were inspirational. It definitely wasn't done like today

Old 08-28-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
That's how most teachers were thought about back then and most of them were quite old. Out of the dozens of teachers I had one who was hot and none that were inspirational. It definitely wasn't done like today
I liked most of my teachers except my kindergarten teacher. She pulled my hair on the first day of school and made me cry!

She died the following year though...she had cancer (which I found out years later) so I'm sure she was just not herself when she had my class. That makes it forgivable. But I still didn't like her.

There was one teacher that crossed the line...but back then it was "acceptable". LOL
If I did that now I'd be fired on the spot!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:22 AM

769 posts, read 976,771 times
Quote:
IF I had to redo my career path again and didn't have to worry about being the breadwinner all the time.

I would have been a K-4th grade teacher. I love the little kids and that age group. That is teaching them the fondations of learning and sometimes with inner cities...they learn life skills from teachers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships