Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 03:45 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The humidity right now is in the 30's which isn't as bad as it could be, last few days it's been up into the 50's, that is high for the temps being in the 90's.... Yeah, I know it's worse back east, but we're just not used to the humidity being that high here at that temp.

In Az the humidity can be as low as 10 percent, which is much nicer....
I'm not criticizing you, I was just curious. When I lived in Eastern Nebraska, the humidity could get pretty bad. I remember meeting an online friend at the zoo one summer. She was in town from California. My other friend and I were talking about how nice it felt outside with only 60% humidity. Then we met the other friend, and she was miserable and couldn't believe how sticky it felt.

Now that I'm used to lower humidity, I start to get annoyed if it gets into the 30's. I have become a wimp.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:53 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Now I have to see just who's defriended me in the past week or so.
j/k. For the record, I don't send out friend request, but do appreciate the ones I receive, most of the time. I figure most times people do so they can view pics, it really doesn't seem to serve any other purpose. I once said something to someone jokingly because I seemed to be about the only one they weren't friending of the cutie pies and old chicks.

Well I just came back about an hour ago from seeing the new "Riddick" movie, what a blast, love that they had the woman deputy from Longmire in there who was a real badarse. Loved this installment. What a boring audience though, but I guess I'll take these types of audiences over the ones that talk back to the screen any time. couple of people started to clap, but gave up before they really got started. Wasn't exactly a large crowd, being it was first am showing and the real crowd was in the IMAX theater. I could count my theater non-crownl on the number of toes and fingers I have and still have a few left. Maybe, sorta. Anyhoo

Old 09-07-2013, 04:27 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Shocking...
And I have even less use for people who are categorically presumptions, pompous, and attempt to act like they know it all... Those i call the arrogant stupid.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:31 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I'm not criticizing you, I was just curious. When I lived in Eastern Nebraska, the humidity could get pretty bad. I remember meeting an online friend at the zoo one summer. She was in town from California. My other friend and I were talking about how nice it felt outside with only 60% humidity. Then we met the other friend, and she was miserable and couldn't believe how sticky it felt.

Now that I'm used to lower humidity, I start to get annoyed if it gets into the 30's. I have become a wimp.

Yeah, I know you weren't criticizing....

Yeah, I admit, I am spoil on good weather in So Cal... but I don't know... I just can't tolerate being sticky and moist all of the time.... yeah... I know... there are some pre-built jokes there......

Old 09-07-2013, 04:32 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
You grump.

I have 4 people on my friend list here. I dumped all others recently because of stalkers and I don't accept new requests.

I only get grumpy when I can't get my minxy fix......

Old 09-07-2013, 04:54 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:

I only get grumpy when I can't get my minxy fix......
Understandable

Old 09-07-2013, 05:00 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know you weren't criticizing....

Yeah, I admit, I am spoil on good weather in So Cal... but I don't know... I just can't tolerate being sticky and moist all of the time.... yeah... I know... there are some pre-built jokes there......

Yeah, I don't miss being sticky all the time. I wear glasses and hate when they fog up from the humidity. I don't miss that at all! However, I think I'd get sick of So Ca weather. I need variety! I'm irritated that we are still having temps in the 90's here.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:26 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
I just recently moved to the Bay Area. I told myself I would not date at all, or at least no seriously during my time here. I'm trying to stay true to that. I don't think it'll be to hard, because there women in the Bay really aren't that hot. But anyway at work 2 days ago, I saw something that I shouldn't have saw.

I work in IT, and I work with a lot of Indians. While I think Indian women are attractive, I pretty much have trained myself to not pay much attention to them. The reason why is because it their culture, so in general I tend to stay as far away from them. Plus I have something against dating in the workplace too.

But anyway I saw an Indian woman at work a few days ago that kind of floored me. She looks very Americanized, has no signs of an accent, and her mannerism are all American. I mean she was smoking freaking hot. She is unfortunately very friendly. My boss introduced me to her (my boss is also an American born Indian, who is pretty Americanized. Yesterday when she came in the office, she looked at me with her nice smile and said 'hello'. I hope she doesn't do that everyday. I'm hoping she sometimes will, ya know, just walk passed my desk and not say anything. That way I can forget she's in the office. I'm also hoping I don't have to interact or work with her much. My job duties are still being defined, she's on the business side, and I know my team will work closely with the business end. Just hoping I can avoid the team she works on.

Anyway guys, what should I do? I've had a great piece of mind having no actual dating interest. I've been focused. So how do I avoid having a possible crush on this lady in the office?

Old 09-07-2013, 05:59 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Default Just for grins

IF YOU MARRY A MICHIGAN GIRL

Three friends married women from different parts of the country.

The first man married a woman from Indiana. He told her that she was to do the dishes and house cleaning. It wook a couple of days, but on the third day, he came home to see a clean house and dishes washed and put away.

The second man married a woman from Alabama. He gave his wife orders to do the the cleaning, wash dishes, and prepare gourmet meals. The first day he didn't see any results, but the next day he saw it was better. By the third day, his house was clean, the dishes were done, and there was a huge dinner on the table.

The third man married a woman from Michigan. He ordered her to keep the house clean, the dishes washed, the lawn mowed, the laundry washed and ironed, and hot meals on the table for every meal. He said the first day he didn't see anything, and the second day he didn't see anything, but by the third day, some of the swelling had gone down, and he could see a little out of his left eye. His arm was healed enough that he could fix himself a sandwich and load the dishwasher. He still has some difficulty when he pees.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:34 PM

678 posts, read 697,870 times
i Desperately want a new season of smallville to spontaneously combust on cw tv
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships