Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2013, 04:18 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

We watched world war z a few days ago. I liked it, I heard the reviews were mixed, but I found it entertaining. It was a bit long (that's what she said ) but other than that, I was entertained.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:23 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We watched world war z a few days ago. I liked it, I heard the reviews were mixed, but I found it entertaining. It was a bit long (that's what she said ) but other than that, I was entertained.
If I recall correctly, I kind of agree with TRosa's review. It was okay, but I wasn't blown away.

Spoiler
The one scene where Brad is in the lab room and trying to acquire some of the disease samples (not sure what to call them), and the one zombie is outside the door clacking his choppers at Brad, made me laugh. It seemed almost like a perverted mating call he was making rather than a threat. I found it more comical than scary/creepy.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 09-21-2013 at 05:20 PM..

Old 09-21-2013, 05:08 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
If I recall correctly, I kind of agree with TRosa's review. It was okay, but I wasn't blown away.
Pretty much, I could only remember just thinking how good Brad looked, and wanting a biscuit to sop him up with it, where as in something like, 12 Monkeys, Seven, Fist Club or even Troy, I saw the actor. I just didn't buy him in this role. Maybe I just need to rent it, watch it again and try not to be distracted and I'll have a different perspective on it.

BTW, I for a long time couldn't stand Pitt myself, I was so not on board until I had seen him in 12 monkeys and then listening to him in interviews. It takes more than just looks to keep me that gaga. I wasn't a fan after that first veiwing of him and what he did to Geena Davis in Thelma and Louise. LOL

Old 09-21-2013, 05:09 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
I haven't seen the movie yet, but World War Z the book was awesome. From what I've heard, the only thing the book and the movie have in common is the title.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:24 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I haven't seen the movie yet, but World War Z the book was awesome. From what I've heard, the only thing the book and the movie have in common is the title.
Yeah, I heard that too, I haven't read the book, but several people said the same thing.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:28 PM

FYI Bridesmaids is on the USA cable channel tonight at 8pm. I don't get why the network channels neglect the female populace on the weekend, I'm NOT ready for some football.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Pretty much, I could only remember just thinking how good Brad looked, and wanting a biscuit to sop him up with it, where as in something like, 12 Monkeys, Seven, Fist Club or even Troy, I saw the actor. I just didn't buy him in this role. Maybe I just need to rent it, watch it again and try not to be distracted and I'll have a different perspective on it.

BTW, I for a long time couldn't stand Pitt myself, I was so not on board until I had seen him in 12 monkeys and then listening to him in interviews. It takes more than just looks to keep me that gaga. I wasn't a fan after that first veiwing of him and what he did to Geena Davis in Thelma and Louise. LOL
I'll assume you're referring to the last thing he did to her and not the first (or second... or third...). That's the movie I first became aware of him. I liked him from his interviews, too, although you never can know how much is BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, I pretty much don't expect anything anymore when it comes to comparing a book to the movie.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'll assume you're referring to the last thing he did to her and not the first (or second... or third...). That's the movie I first became aware of him. I liked him from his interviews, too, although you never can know how much is BS.

Yeah, I pretty much don't expect anything anymore when it comes to comparing a book to the movie.
You would be right.

And agree, Books to movies rarely have rarely ever translated well exception mostly when it comes to John Grishm books.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
And agree, Books to movies rarely have rarely ever translated well exception mostly when it comes to John Grishm books.
Oh, yeah, you're right. That's a good example.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:39 PM

I'm not ever buying another (this one was free) Samsung TV. This thing keeps cutting off, I read that's it's a well known issue with their brand of tvs. grrrrrrrrrr. I watched a video of how I might fix the issue, but the video I saw was so dark on youtube, I nearly had a seizure trying to focus.
The problem will stop for a couple of days then start up again. If the thing didn' weigh so much, I would pick it up and toss it. I'm going to replace it by years end. Think I said I was going to replace it by my previous b-day, but I mean it this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships