Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 09:16 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times

Advertisements

I just realized, I might have a little bit of a problem with growing my herb and veg garden. When I took on this venture a couple of years ago, the trees in front of my windows had been cut back, they've since sprouted up a good additional five plus feet of foilage. Good for privacy, but not so good for nourashing my plants with the sunshine it needs. I'm still getting some sun and the plant seeds pretty much all sprouting and are growing, but, not like I'd hoped, my mint plant seems to be doing fine, but I just planted a tomato plant and that's the one I'm most concerned won't get enough sun.
Attached Thumbnails
Relationship Chat Thread #25-100_0322.jpg   Relationship Chat Thread #25-basil.jpg   Relationship Chat Thread #25-mint-peppermint.jpg   Relationship Chat Thread #25-peppermint.jpg   Relationship Chat Thread #25-uh-basil-catnip-maybe.jpg  

Relationship Chat Thread #25-mint-peppermint2.jpg  

Old 09-22-2013, 02:42 PM

Spent the most perfect afternoon at the beach after having not been able to get there due to so many rainy days this summer. I too a dip in ocean; the water temp was perfect. The day was so perfect, I didn't even have to set up my beach tent as there was a nice wind to set off the hot temperatures and sun that wasn't as harsh as usual. What an absolutely beautiful day.

Hope everying is having a lovely day.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:20 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Spent the most perfect afternoon at the beach after having not been able to get there due to so many rainy days this summer. I too a dip in ocean; the water temp was perfect. The day was so perfect, I didn't even have to set up my beach tent as there was a nice wind to set off the hot temperatures and sun that wasn't as harsh as usual. What an absolutely beautiful day.

Hope everying is having a lovely day.
Yup. Bengals won, nice and sunny day in the upper 60. Wished it would look like this for the entire year.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yup. Bengals won, nice and sunny day in the upper 60. Wished it would look like this for the entire year.
Happy your happy. presently 86* here

Old 09-22-2013, 04:52 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
How's your dog doing? Didn't he have surgery a while back?
She did. She's doing better now but still has about 5 weeks until she's free to roam loose again.

It's so nice here now; we sit out on the back patio and watch the squirrels run by. She's spoiled.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:54 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Happy your happy. presently 86* here
Ew. still mid-upper 80s in Florida? No thanks! Even though I have to deal with much more humid temps than you do, this 60 degree weather is just too good to not enjoy!

Old 09-22-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Ew. still mid-upper 80s in Florida? No thanks! Even though I have to deal with much more humid temps than you do, this 60 degree weather is just too good to not enjoy!
Well the temp dropped 4 degrees since I last posted . Also, you wouldn't know that's in the 80's with the air that's blowing off the ocean and the, mild, winds in general around my area. It felt pretty good out today. I barely broke a sweat. We've had so much rain, I am just so happy I was able to take advantage of a most beautiful day. I didn't even get up off my beach towel to cut the string of the guy's noisy kite that was flying near me breaking my zen mood.
It sounded like
wasps - sound effect - YouTube

Old 09-22-2013, 06:09 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
I just realized, I might have a little bit of a problem with growing my herb and veg garden. When I took on this venture a couple of years ago, the trees in front of my windows had been cut back, they've since sprouted up a good additional five plus feet of foilage. Good for privacy, but not so good for nourashing my plants with the sunshine it needs. I'm still getting some sun and the plant seeds pretty much all sprouting and are growing, but, not like I'd hoped, my mint plant seems to be doing fine, but I just planted a tomato plant and that's the one I'm most concerned won't get enough sun.
We have that problem here. We live in a "mature" neighborhood so the trees are enormous and there are only little patches of sun on my property when all the trees have foliage. I tried growing some veggies a few years back and I've tried herbs as well. That is the one thing I dislike about my neighborhood. We used to have a pretty big veggie garden when we lived in NY. Loved picking fresh to eat that night at dinner. I miss that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
She did. She's doing better now but still has about 5 weeks until she's free to roam loose again.

It's so nice here now; we sit out on the back patio and watch the squirrels run by. She's spoiled.
That would be torture for my dog! LOL
He stalks squirrels. If he sees one out the window he cries at the back door until I open it for him.
Glad to hear everything is going well for her. 5 weeks is a long recovery!

Old 09-22-2013, 07:12 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post

Oops, "she."

Glad to hear it.

Dogs deserve to be spoiled.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:14 PM

These new motorola commercials are so funny, I know some don't watch reg tv, so here's one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwLkUCRU45k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships