Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 10:50 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Okay car people....

I need to find a car that seats 5, gets good mileage and is $30K or less.
He prefers new
Pre-owned that fits the mileage and seating requirements would work too though.

We are supposed to go out looking today but I have no idea where to start (except Toyota...I am familiar with that make)

Hundai is already a no, so is Dodge and Ford. What else is out there??
3 series Beamer!

Old 09-28-2013, 11:05 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm not a foot fan either. Toes do nothing for me.
when i was in college my then GF pulled out the suck-on-my-toes move out of nowhere. i was shocked how great it felt. turns out (hilarious cliche alert) some italian guy had taught it to her while she was on study abroad before we met

nevertheless i never really get over the bleh factor and we didn't do that much. i tried it on a later GF once and it just went nowhere for either of us. bleh. feets! this move is officially retired for me

Old 09-28-2013, 11:40 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
For the past few days, I have been totally ODing on the TV series "Breaking Bad" The one show I vehemently held out on till the end. Now I'm paying the price. Went to sleep at 5:30 am last night. I could have avoided all of this if I had just gone ahead and watched the first episode on line from the get go, then I wouldn't have been so turned off by the whole premise. I've still missed a few episodes, no way I could keep my eyes open straight through these past couple of nights.

Yep, it's official, I'm a junkie, this is addictive behavior, I'm hooked on BB.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:03 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
For the past few days, I have been totally ODing on the TV series "Breaking Bad" The one show I vehemently held out on till the end. Now I'm paying the price. Went to sleep at 5:30 am last night. I could have avoided all of this if I had just gone ahead and watched the first episode on line from the get go, then I wouldn't have been so turned off by the whole premise. I've still missed a few episodes, no way I could keep my eyes open straight through these past couple of nights.

Yep, it's official, I'm a junkie, this is addictive behavior, I'm hooked on BB.
BB final episode is coming up this weekend. Wondering how this is gonna turn out....

Walter White is a strange character...... he thinks he can talk his way out of anything.......

I'm at work today, sucks, I hate working weekends. I'm waiting on some contractors to finish up their work so I can do mine....

Old 09-28-2013, 12:07 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Okay car people....

He prefers new

We are supposed to go out looking today but I have no idea where to start (except Toyota...I am familiar with that make)

Hearing good stuff about the Ford Escape. American cars have really come up in quality the last few yrs, no reason to discount them like people used to, matter of fact Toyota has been having more recalls in the last several yrs than Ford.

2014 Ford Escape SUV | Sips Fuel & Gushes Technology | Ford.com

Old 09-28-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Okay car people....

He prefers new

there are dozens of cars that fit this criteria. pretty much any 4 door sedan or wagon that is under 30k

you need to narrow it down. will you have 3 tall adults in the back seat every day or a few teenagers once in a while? do you want to carry large cargo like boxes or bicycles? do you care if it's fast/sexy? do you like it really quiet in the car? do you like whizbang gadgets or simple dash layouts? etc, etc, etc...

Old 09-28-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Hearing good stuff about the Ford Escape. American cars have really come up in quality the last few yrs, no reason to discount them like people used to, matter of fact Toyota has been having more recalls in the last several yrs than Ford.

2014 Ford Escape SUV | Sips Fuel & Gushes Technology | Ford.com
i frequently rent an escape. good car but the sirius radio interface makes me want to carry a handgun just to shoot the dashboard

i'll put mazda 3 wagon into the mix but as i just posted, it's really too vague a set of criteria for any good suggestions

Old 09-28-2013, 12:28 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
when i was in college my then GF pulled out the suck-on-my-toes move out of nowhere. i was shocked how great it felt. turns out (hilarious cliche alert) some italian guy had taught it to her while she was on study abroad before we met

nevertheless i never really get over the bleh factor and we didn't do that much. i tried it on a later GF once and it just went nowhere for either of us. bleh. feets! this move is officially retired for me
I would never suck someone's toes. That makes me want to vomit just thinking about it, especially if the feet were not scrubbed prior to engaging. Eck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
i frequently rent an escape. good car but the sirius radio interface makes me want to carry a handgun just to shoot the dashboard

i'll put mazda 3 wagon into the mix but as i just posted, it's really too vague a set of criteria for any good suggestions
Oh. I guess I presumed she was looking for a car for her and the kids.

I had a Ford before I got my Honda and I prefer Ford. People seem to have issues with Ford but I'm not sure why...

Old 09-28-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
BB final episode is coming up this weekend. Wondering how this is gonna turn out....

Walter White is a strange character...... he thinks he can talk his way out of anything.......

I'm at work today, sucks, I hate working weekends. I'm waiting on some contractors to finish up their work so I can do mine....
Indeed WW is a strange one. I will be watching the beginning of season 5 starting tonight, so I couldn't be happier about how my weekend is turning out, other than missing out on beach time, because I am going to have to catch up on some sleep for staying up so late into the whee hours.

The episode they left off with is the one where Gusto whatever his name is face was blown off. Love it, but would enjoyed more seeing him die a slow death. He sure held onto his air of sophistication till the end. LOL I can't wait to see what happens next and how the finale plays out. I get why so many loved this show. I will miss it once it's over though I've only just come to be a viewer in the past few days. That wife is a ball of contradictions and hypocrisies, but, then again, who can 100% throw stones.

Great show. 1 more day

Old 09-28-2013, 12:32 PM

Speaking of cars and before I hit the sac for a bit of a nap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsJiGF_Groo

simply for the astetics of the commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4ur2BDVyYE&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLZ62B8SU7U7k-ih0zsm-2Hxuq3XdgyMtR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships