Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2013, 02:28 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, it's funny you say this, I did something to my arm at work, not sure, but anyways, Mrs. Chow was trying to massage my arm last night.....

She has been craving cherry ice cream for a while now.........

Strange coincidence......
What is the six something removed?

I need cherries to make a recipe I bought some other ingredients for. It's a salmon dish with a mint cherry sauce. Hope I still have the complete recipe, got it from one of those tasting stands they put out at the supermarket. It was so scrumptious, I just had to have the recipe that I'll probably never make if I keep forgetting to pick up all I need to make it with.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, it's funny you say this, I did something to my arm at work, not sure, but anyways, Mrs. Chow was trying to massage my arm last night.....

She has been craving cherry ice cream for a while now.........

Strange coincidence......
My job is sometimes very rough on my arms, lifting a lot of heavy boxes of meat at a time, and my arms and my hands are really tired from doing it.

i felt like an old man last week going to bed before 10, and I was knocked out before 7:30 on Thursday lol.

But yeah, I just thought about cherry cordial ice cream, and now I taste it in my mouth, and now I want it.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:58 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Went out for my birthday last night to a fancy steak house because I was craving one. Order a medium well steak and when I cut into it, it was practically rare. I wanted to throw up. I pointed it out to the waitress and she took it back. 20 minutes later, still no steak so my friend called the manager over (our waitress had disappeared) and she apologized and said it would be taken off the bill. She overheard my friend say something about my birthday dinner being crappy, I guess, and the manager came over with a huge sunday for us to share and apologized. I ended up having to get a doggy bag for my steak because my friends had already eaten and I didn't want to sit there and eat with everyone staring at me.

When the bill came it was over $100, but the total was $0.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:33 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Went out for my birthday last night to a fancy steak house because I was craving one. Order a medium well steak and when I cut into it, it was practically rare. I wanted to throw up. I pointed it out to the waitress and she took it back. 20 minutes later, still no steak so my friend called the manager over (our waitress had disappeared) and she apologized and said it would be taken off the bill. She overheard my friend say something about my birthday dinner being crappy, I guess, and the manager came over with a huge sunday for us to share and apologized. I ended up having to get a doggy bag for my steak because my friends had already eaten and I didn't want to sit there and eat with everyone staring at me.

When the bill came it was over $100, but the total was $0.
I order my steak temp higher than I actually want it, as the lesser skilled chains will under cook on purpose because you can't uncook an over cooked steak.
At least they acknowledged their mistake and made ammends.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:06 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I order my steak temp higher than I actually want it, as the lesser skilled chains will under cook on purpose because you can't uncook an over cooked steak.
At least they acknowledged their mistake and made ammends.
This isn't a lesser skilled place. It's one of the top rated downtown establishments that has been around for years. But, you're right, I should have just gone well done.

I've been before and didn't have an issue. Guess it was a bad night for them. I don't care for red meat much so it was a rare exception for me to eat steak. Good thing is that the visual from the blood running out of the first piece I got has put me off steak for a while...

Old 07-27-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
This isn't a lesser skilled place. It's one of the top rated downtown establishments that has been around for years. But, you're right, I should have just gone well done.

I've been before and didn't have an issue. Guess it was a bad night for them. I don't care for red meat much so it was a rare exception for me to eat steak. Good thing is that the visual from the blood running out of the first piece I got has put me off steak for a while...
Not cool when you stick your fork in it and you get mooooo!
I like mine medium/medium rare, but I agree, a high end place should be able to nail the temp.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:41 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
The 5K I have been training for was this morning. I ran the whole thing. SD did awesome, too! I thought I would be done after this but now I don't know. I kind of enjoyed it.

Four months ago I could barely run. I am pretty happy I met my goal.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
The 5K I have been training for was this morning. I ran the whole thing. SD did awesome, too! I thought I would be done after this but now I don't know. I kind of enjoyed it.

Four months ago I could barely run. I am pretty happy I met my goal.
My wife started the same way, 5 half-marathons later.......

Old 07-27-2013, 07:59 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Each time I do a 5K my time always improves.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:51 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
My wife started the same way, 5 half-marathons later.......
Well, I have walked a half marathon. I'm not real interested in doing that again. I will be doing well if I just keep running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships