Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 09:07 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTrust View Post
I can't just dump my wife, that would be terrible for me, for the children, and for my financial situation. Last thing I want is divorce.
I don't recall saying to dump her. Just ignore her when she starts prodding at you about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 09:16 PM

37 posts, read 25,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I don't recall saying to dump her. Just ignore her when she starts prodding at you about it.
Is ignoring really the best option? I don't want to give her any more doubt as I've apparently done so by doing the wrong thing.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Is ignoring really the best option? I don't want to give her any more doubt as I've apparently done so by doing the wrong thing.
You're not going to change her mind. I bet you're guilty in her mind. Show her that you don't give a damn anymore about what she thinks on the subject because she's wrong. If you don't care at all about her opinion then she might actually look into the basis of her own judgment if you're lucky. You should move on because she's wrong and you're right. Screw her.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:22 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
You're not going to change her mind. I bet you're guilty in her mind. Show her that you don't give a damn anymore about what she thinks on the subject because she's wrong. If you don't care at all about her opinion then she might actually look into the basis of her own judgment if you're lucky. You should move on because she's wrong and you're right. Screw her.
"Not caring at all about his wife's opinion" is not on any "How to Have a Great Marriage" list.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
"Not caring at all about his wife's opinion" is not on any "How to Have a Great Marriage" list.
Neither is holding on to false belief rooted in one's own insecurity.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:26 PM

166 posts, read 244,348 times
MrTruth, you have to spend more time with your wife. If you go to counseling and are still working all day and and weekend nights, you will still have a disgruntled wife who is ready to fly the coop.

I have been in this situation so take my word for it.

And, a two week business trip with a lady partner??? What was that all abut really?

That definitely would not fly with me. Two weeks you say? Heck no!!!!!
Think, OP. Think.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Neither is holding on to false belief rooted in one's own insecurity.
When you've had a successful, long-term marriage, you can contribute here. But tossing out your usual, "Screw them. Nobody gets to me ..." crap is only distracting.

According to the OP, his biggest crime is utter cluelessness. You are actually telling him stuff that will make things WORSE, if that's even possible.

Help out or move on.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:36 PM

37 posts, read 25,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygreeneyes View Post
MrTruth, you have to spend more time with your wife. If you go to counseling and are still working all day and and weekend nights, you will still have a disgruntled wife who is ready to fly the coop.

I have been in this situation so take my word for it.

And, a two week business trip with a lady partner??? What was that all abut really?

That definitely would not fly with me. Two weeks you say? Heck no!!!!!
Think, OP. Think.
My partner and I started this firm. She is the face behind the firm, while I am the brain. We used this time to set up operations with a new and wealthy client that is out of town but is later moving into my city. She's a talented woman who can rake in the dough.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:39 PM

Another suggestion. How about scheduling one afternoon a week just for her? And on weekends, work mornings and leave the evenings for her and/or the kids. How about that?
Give her some more of your time before she completely turns away from you.

There's a song that says, when a woman's fed-up, there is nothing you can do about it. When she's run out of love, it's impossible to get it back.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
My partner and I started this firm. She is the face behind the firm, while I am the brain. We used this time to set up operations with a new and wealthy client that is out of town but is later moving into my city. She's a talented woman who can rake in the dough.
I understand that, but you should have invited your wife to join you even if for a mere weekend.
My husband ran a very busy law office and not one he would go out of town without asking to me accompany him for all or part of the trip.

And if he had a two week business trip planned with a female partner, that would not sit well with me.

Work it out. I'm sure you can and good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships