Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 04:50 PM

37 posts, read 25,963 times

Advertisements

with my business partner. She wants to either get divorce or cheat on me to get even, and that really hurts me. I tried to reason with her but nothing is getting through her head. Not the fact that said partner has a boyfriend, not the fact that said partner tried to tell her that I am not cheating herself, and not the fact that I come home every night. She began losing trust in me ever since I took a two-week business trip, and her doubts in me seem to get reinforced every time I try to prove that I have remained faithful.

I'll admit that at times I may appear to be married to my work, but I love my family more than anything, I have always been doing everything for them, and I have been 100% loyal to my wife ever since we've met.

My guy friends aren't giving helpful advice, so I turn to C-D since you long ago helped me decide where to move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 04:57 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Would it help her to believe you, if you took a lie detector test? I mean, how are you suppose to prove your not cheating on her, if she doesn`t have any trust in you at all?
Would she rather you quit your job and stay at home?
There has to be trust in a marriage, or its done for.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Would it help her to believe you, if you took a lie detector test? I mean, how are you suppose to prove your not cheating on her, if she doesn`t have any trust in you at all?
Would she rather you quit your job and stay at home?
There has to be trust in a marriage, or its done for.
Lie detector test?

Damn, haven't thought of that, where do I go get one?

Old 07-04-2013, 05:02 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Lie Detectors'R Us.......

Last time I checked they were on sale.....

Old 07-04-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTrust View Post
Lie detector test?

Damn, haven't thought of that, where do I go get one?
Local Police Dept. for a start, but it was really just a matter of speaking. I would hope to shout that she wouldn`t hold you to this, but hey...if it proves your innocent, then go for it!

Is there anyway that you could change depts. or something, to get away from this woman that she is accusing you of having an affair, or is it one of those stories to where it doesn`t matter who it is, that you will always be cheating on her?

Old 07-04-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Cute!

Old 07-04-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Be serious, I just googled polygraphy tests, apparently they cost 150+ in my area.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:09 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Sounds like all she wants is half + alimony.

Hopefully that's not the case, but if you've been 100% faithful, but she's been gung-ho about getting the divorce, and you've tried time and again to prove your faithfulness, doesn't sound too good.

Take the lie detector test and hope that's enough to get her to stop thinking that you're cheating, but I won't be surprised if she finds a way to deny the results if they don't coincide with what she believes.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
You don't need a polygraph. You need to talk to your wife.

How long have you been married?

Is this the first time she's acted like this?

How did it get to this stage, where she confronted your business partner about it?

Have you cheated?

Old 07-04-2013, 05:12 PM

206 posts, read 269,185 times
If you've done everything you can do and she doesn't trust you, why try to save it? Do you want to be married to such an unreasonable person? Get your lawyer and get it over with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships