Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 01:32 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,430,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Which reminds me: You do realize that a requirement of the Catholic Church is that he be ready, willing, and able to marry, right? If he's three sheets to the wind, there's a question of competency. Lots of marriages annulled because one person was out of his or her mind on drugs at the time.

P.S. Alcohol is a drug.

I am so thankful to be free from brainwashing and especially free from societal/religious/self conditionings

Maintaining freedom is at times quite a battle but very well worth it

If You Love Somebody Set Them Free - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 04:47 AM

10,931 posts, read 11,701,476 times
I'll keep the OP's name in my little black book should I ever become tired of my "dry drunk" and start drinking again. Every alcoholic needs at least one of her, but we generally train several replacements in case our main enabler ends up in Alanon.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:43 AM

640 posts, read 716,707 times
Quote:
When you are in your 40s and you rule out divorced men, men with kids, men who have a middle-aged spread, or men of another faith, even though you, yourself, pick and choose what you want from your religion despite calling yourself devout (ie, being strident in claiming Catholicism and wanting a Catholic wedding even though you're willing to have sex before marriage, meaning you are a hypocrite), you are left with alcoholics and Norman Bates types who still live with their mommies at 50.
Lol, as always, hitting the target...

Old 07-08-2013, 07:59 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,213,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
In all fairness, if I were a 50 year old virgin who always lived at home with Mom and IDDY was after me with her ticking ovaries..... I would drink too. Heavily.

That's exactly why I asked if she noticed an increase in drinking. If taco man has progressively added alcohol daily then I would be curious to know why.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I would be a great step mom but nope not interested in being a step mom. Way too much drama and financial problems and no positives.

I'm sorry, but you could never be a "great step mom" because you already have animosity about not being # 1 to their father. You refuse to include them in your finances. It's all about YOU.

Suddenly taco man is talking about having children? I think that just made me believe this is a bunch of made up nonsense.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:25 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,181,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
That's exactly why I asked if she noticed an increase in drinking. If taco man has progressively added alcohol daily then I would be curious to know why.
I'm convinced he's a self-loathing, closeted homosexual and she's his beard--if this whole saga isn't just fiction. Very big "if."

Old 07-08-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I'm convinced he's a self-loathing, closeted homosexual and she's his beard--if this whole saga isn't just fiction. Very big "if."
After the comment about him wanting a baby now, I wouldn't surprised. It's all about IDDY--she's willing to marry him and forego having kids just so she can get married in a Catholic Church? I don't know anyone in their right mind who would think like that.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:42 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,181,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
After the comment about him wanting a baby now, I wouldn't surprised. It's all about IDDY--she's willing to marry him and forego having kids just so she can get married in a Catholic Church? I don't know anyone in their right mind who would think like that.
She'll be way too old to have kids by the time they get around to getting married. She's in her 40s and it took nearly a year for him to kiss her. At the rate they're going, she'll be post-menopausal before he tries to put a hand up her shirt.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
She'll be way too old to have kids by the time they get around to getting married. She's in her 40s and it took nearly a year for him to kiss her. At the rate they're going, she'll be post-menopausal before he tries to put a hand up her shirt.

Lilac, I almost spit my coffee at the screen!! LOL

Old 07-08-2013, 08:52 AM

I didn't notice any details of this "alcoholism". What's he drinking and how much? Is this daily? How exactly has his behavior changed towards you and/or his mother? Other than dressing sloppy, how is he being mean? What sets him off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships