Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 02:15 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Hopefully if we have kids he won't be drinking. He wants to go to rehab.
Hopefully?

You will be a terrible mother.

Having a drunk as a father can be much worse than having divorced parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Quote:
When he drinks he says weird things. His mom is the one who told me he needs help.
Like what kind of weird things?

Old 07-08-2013, 02:20 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Hopefully?

Old 07-08-2013, 02:22 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
IT'S ALL ABOUT IDDY...NO CHURCH WEDDING FOR ME ...NO NICE DATES FOR ME ...NO GIFTS FOR ME

If you're not a troll then me say thi--you're a selfish person and apparently there's something mentally wrong with you if you'd want a 50 year old alcoholic virgin who lives with his mother rather than being part of a child's life. Whatever you do, don't have kids because you'd screw them mentally anyway.

(drops the mic..I'm outta here)
That's the whole point really.^^^^^

She had a HUGE post once on how a guy who was married before wouldn't want to have a wedding, go on a honeymoon, have a big reception... etc., etc.

It was all about she would never be the first in a bunch of things. She has a very insecure view of being with a man.

BUT, now she has found a man where he cannot compare her to any other women.... AND that is why she is so happy.... well, except his mom. She won't give him up..... she knows how hard it is to find a man who's never had a girlfriend before.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Because he's Catholic, has no kids, and is not fat or divorced. Alcoholism and living with his parents in his 40s are just minor things compared to the horrible, terrible, lethal flaws of belonging to another faith, having a child, carrying 20 extra pounds, or, heaven forfend, not sticking it out in a miserable marriage with a cheating wife.

WTH!!!

Catholics can be alcoholics??!

No...wait!!! Doesn't a guy who lives at home at 40 tell you that you will be the provider and strong link in this relationship??

Something inside YOU is lacking to think you will help the poor 40 year old man to get out of Mummy's house and fly.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:24 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
If there is really a man, I have this feeling his name is 'Tequila Man'. IDDY is really 'Tequila Woman'...

Old 07-08-2013, 02:46 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
I'd make a great MOM but playing a step mom without playing a mom? nope, why would I? why spend my money on kids not mine who I can't be a mom too?
Because you love their father. Because you also love them. Because you form a bond with them and love them as your own.

My ex bfs twins were just like my own. Their mom wasn't around and we all lived in the same house, the twins, their dad, and I.

I cared for them as they were my own. I took them to church, I took them to the movies, I took them to their friends. I met their girlfriends and gfs family.

I took them to school, I met their teachers, etc, etc.

I loved them like they were my own and while they are no longer with me, I carry a special place in my heart for them. They are growing up now and have both graduated and are becoming fine young men.

They are now with their mother which is an absolute wonderful things and they are doing great. I am so happy for them.

You do these things because you love their father, and they are an extension of him.

You are greedy. It is all about you, you, you, and that is why you wouldn't make a good step mother, and why I think it is a great idea that you don't want to be with a single father!

Old 07-08-2013, 02:48 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Hopefully?

I won't have kids if he doesn't stop drinking or will have kids with someone else.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:50 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
I won't have kids if he doesn't stop drinking or will have kids with someone else.
But what if you have a kid and he starts drinking again? There is a lot of stress when having a kid.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Because you love their father. Because you also love them. Because you form a bond with them and love them as your own.

My ex bfs twins were just like my own. Their mom wasn't around and we all lived in the same house, the twins, their dad, and I.

I cared for them as they were my own. I took them to church, I took them to the movies, I took them to their friends. I met their girlfriends and gfs family.

I took them to school, I met their teachers, etc, etc.

I loved them like they were my own and while they are no longer with me, I carry a special place in my heart for them. They are growing up now and have both graduated and are becoming fine young men.

They are now with their mother which is an absolute wonderful things and they are doing great. I am so happy for them.

You do these things because you love their father, and they are an extension of him.

You are greedy. It is all about you, you, you, and that is why you wouldn't make a good step mother, and why I think it is a great idea that you don't want to be with a single father!
But the thing is you have kids, so for parents it's an equal situation. For me it wouldn't be because yes it's about me. After all I will be supporting his kids and possibly his ex-wife and what do I get in return? being denied what I want. The ex will always be in the picture and I can't handle that, nor do I want to. If a guy was a single dad and no mom in the picture it's a different story and could handle that, I can't handle dealing with the drama of an ex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships