Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 07:42 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I'm bored. So I'm entertaining myself. It is amusing. I really want to see how outlandish you can go. Doesn't make you any less wrong because you are. It doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be entertained by your stupidity.
Wow. That would be a real zinger, but I guess not really considering it comes from the same brain trust that produced this little gem:

//www.city-data.com/forum/30346539-post53.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 07:47 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Wow. That would be a real zinger, but I guess not really considering it comes from the same brain trust that produced this little gem:

//www.city-data.com/forum/30346539-post53.html

Oh noes! What is so wrong with that? Actually, don't tell me because I don't give a damn what you think. Calm your ****. Football season is coming back soon.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:56 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Yeah. OP is right many more times than he would be wrong.

I see it every day.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:45 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"politicians who are all married and in happy relationships"
Good point. I read the majority of Presidents were Adulterers. Sounds like a strong correlation between Success and Immorality.

Mao, Hitler, Stalin were some of the most Imoral people in the world and they gravitated to the top and most likely had their choice in mates
I mean hitler was married and he was pure evil, and how many wives did Osama have? Clinton cheated on hilary(which is wrong) if she left him do you guys think he would have ANY problems getting another woman? We don't have to speculate because tiger cheated on his wife and now is dating Lindsay Vonn.

So people need to stop giving me that garbage about morals because its a bunch of crap lol. From what I've gathered observing over the course of my life is that if your attractive or desirable in some way, people will give you passes that others wouldn't get. I can't tell you how many women have told me the most bitchy mean girls they've met have never had any trouble getting men while some of the nicest women can't even get a man to look at them.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:54 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I mean hitler was married and he was pure evil, and how many wives did Osama have? Clinton cheated on hilary(which is wrong) if she left him do you guys think he would have ANY problems getting another woman? We don't have to speculate because tiger cheated on his wife and now is dating Lindsay Vonn.

So people need to stop giving me that garbage about morals because its a bunch of crap lol. From what I've gathered observing over the course of my life is that if your attractive or desirable in some way, people will give you passes that others wouldn't get. I can't tell you how many women have told me the most bitchy mean girls they've met have never had any trouble getting men while some of the nicest women can't even get a man to look at them.
I see things this way too. Bitchy seems to be more important than attractive though.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:12 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I see things this way too. Bitchy seems to be more important than attractive though.
I wouldn't say that, it's more that if your attractive you can get away with being bitchy lol. The things I've seen guys let pretty girls get away with in my life time is just

Old 12-13-2013, 07:07 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
I've seen it quite a few times. People will say to unsuccessful men and women that the reason they're not successful is because of being a bad person but I've never seen that play out in real life. Some of the meanest and worst people I've known have bad great success attracting the opposite sex and some of nicest people I've known have no one(both men and women) I mean look at the criminals(who get so many letter in jail) and politicians who are all married and in happy relationships.

So why do people keep spreading this myth? How good or bad of a person you are has no bearing on the success you have in relationships.
Character plays a huge role in ones ability to maintain a healthy, long term relationship.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:43 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Character plays a huge role in ones ability to maintain a healthy, long term relationship.
I agree with this but with a twist. I think the best matched couples are the ones who share similar character and values. If both value honesty, they'll be much better off than if one does and one doesn't. But then again, if neither values honesty all that much then they're both still better off than if one does and one doesn't. Same thing all the way down the line and all the most successful couples share similar values--they don't have to agree on everything but the values are very important.

Where couples clash though is if you have a couple where neither values honesty (honesty just an example b/c that's a big one for me) and both are behaving in accordance with that and one cheats and the other gets mad and dumps that person, even though the other has cheated as well. That's just hypocrisy.

Sharing values about money and how to spend it is important too b/c that is one of the biggest things that breaks people up. How many marriages have broken up b/c one is a spendthrift and the other is a saver? That's one area where my ex and I did very well--both of us tended to be thrifty, if not outright savers, and we had very few fights over money.

That reminds me of a post on the first page--people don't get rich b/c they're honest and forthright--the one trait that almost all self-made wealthy people share is the ability to delay gratification. The one trait that many low income folks share (leaving out tricks of fate) is that they have problems delaying gratification. Poor people tend to buy lottery tickets--(self-made) rich people put off buying luxury items until they can well afford them and even then they often tend to wait.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:23 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say that, it's more that if your attractive you can get away with being bitchy lol. The things I've seen guys let pretty girls get away with in my life time is just
IME, a lot of people out there in relationships have no idea of some past behaviors that their current s/o did/does.
How many people on this very forum would hide their screen name to their s/o ? Probably a lot of members. Not all, I would guess half.
Imagine reading your lovey dovey's threads or comments and discovering that although they acted like a 'nice guy', they were a severe womanizer and still kind of hold that mentality that women are objects more than they are people.

I have a lot of stories about various people in my life that have done some pretty shady messed up stuff.
And some of these people are in a lot of relationships.
And I'm not talking about criminals or low lifes, i'm talking about at least somewhat successful people. Perhaps they are small business owners, or computer guys, salesmen, engineers, educators, the list goes on and on.

Do I happen to know the only shady people in the world? I think not. What I do question is whether or not other people realize how often shady behavior is overlooked, or just plain looked-away.

Granted, there are good people out there, but some stories of some people I know, and then they are dating someone, and I wonder, does he/she not care, or is that new person completely clueless?

Frankly, sometimes I wish I didnt know the douchbaggery of some people I know. But, I always felt knowing the truth is more powerful and better than living with a veil over my eyes. The truth may be a lil rough sometimes, but it is better than exposing yourself to the wrong people in the wrong way.

Overall, I would have to say that if one can give the impression that they are a moral and ethical person, they can later be immoral and unethical as long as they can rationalize it to their s/o. Typically there is a shared ideal between the two people, so it may not take much convincing that their immoral behavior is ok for a particular application.

Some of the dirt I have on some people is pretty deep, and as I said, I think a lot of people would be very surprised at some of the things their lovey dovey did at one point in their life, or even today but under the radar.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:21 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:

So why do people keep spreading this myth? How good or bad of a person you are has no bearing on the success you have in relationships.
I think if you're a good looking guy and a total jack@ss, you might do better actually with women than a good looking guy who was really nice.

If you're an ugly guy who is a jack@ss, you'll do worse though.

Women who are b@tches do worse than women who are nicer. No question. A woman who is somewhat attractive and very nice can have legions of admirers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships