Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 04:33 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
If I went traveling for 3 weeks with an ex, we would not have sex and we would not get back together.

If I wanted to be with them, I would be with them already.

Now, maybe your bf is different -- I don't know him.

Did the messages say anything romantic? Did they, OTOH, specify 'friends only'? Or did they leave it up in the air?
Basically Nila is saying.....not an ex if you're going on vacation together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 04:36 PM

872 posts, read 1,263,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Not much to think about. You're the backup plan.

[....]

Move on, you'll be better off.

Next.
^ This.

Get out. Now.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:57 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
IDK looks like I'm in the minority here but I think breaking up with him over this is a bit drastic. As someone else said talk is cheap, in reality nothing physically happened between them. He didnt want to travel alone so he asked her to join him, maybe he was hoping to just get some company and perhaps get lucky in the side. You two don't seem like you were exclusively back together yet, so maybe she was the backup plan. I think you should focus in the fact that he hasn't really spoken to her since then. I'm not taking his side here, I can see how this would bother you, and I'd definitely be more cautious with him, but I wouldn't break up with him just yet.

Bottom line: Nothing ruins a relationship quite like Facebook!

Old 07-05-2013, 05:15 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Regardless of whether or not it's ethical, smart, etc. to go through somebody's private correspondence, you did it, and you found out something you don't like, but that is good for you to know. You now know that regardless of being together for a couple of years, when things were shaky, your BF was looking at other options. When the other options shot him down, he settled for you. Can you live with that? I probably couldn't.
pretty much all i have to say, already said for me.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:33 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Basically Nila is saying.....not an ex if you're going on vacation together.
What the heck? I said the opposite.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:42 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
IDK looks like I'm in the minority here but I think breaking up with him over this is a bit drastic. As someone else said talk is cheap, in reality nothing physically happened between them. He didnt want to travel alone so he asked her to join him, maybe he was hoping to just get some company and perhaps get lucky in the side. You two don't seem like you were exclusively back together yet, so maybe she was the backup plan. I think you should focus in the fact that he hasn't really spoken to her since then. I'm not taking his side here, I can see how this would bother you, and I'd definitely be more cautious with him, but I wouldn't break up with him just yet.

Bottom line: Nothing ruins a relationship quite like Facebook!
I'd say it was more the trying to book travel time with an ex that was issue, than Facebook. Just me.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
I'd say it was more the trying to book travel time with an ex that was issue, than Facebook. Just me.
Spot on.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:19 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Hell no!! Tell him to be sure to ask her on all of his trips, cause` you are outta` there! That's so much B.S.
Some still want their cake and eat it too.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:35 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Quote:
She read the messages in his Facebook account. I know Facebook isn't the reason, but had she not went on under his name she'd have never seen those messages.

Either way faulting a guy for what he did or said before they became exclusive again just doesn't seem very fair. Looks to me like he may have just been seeking female companionship while they were broken up, which is understandable.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:36 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maleena View Post
But we weren't broken up- We started dating again already, we were sort of a couple already again, and only one day later (after she didn't reply to his message the day before) he initiated 'the talk', asked me if all the last days meant that we're a couple again now because that's what he wants. And we were already officially back together when he wrote her 'I just had to ask, it would have been awesome'.

But you're right, I think I cannot live with being the second choice. I'm just wondering why did he want to get back together with me and why does he permanently say he loves me if I'm the backup plan?
His ex lives halfway around the world from him in Europe. He has his job and his life where he is now and long distance relationships are hard. You were the easier choice I suspect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships