Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 04:39 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
All the women on this forum say it does, but why am I not observing this in real life? I don't think my observations are biased in any way.

The guys I know who are best with women:

Guy #1. Big ego, very fake-nice and fake-humble around women. His guy friends all think he's a d-bag. Below average in looks. Doesn't attract super hot women, but plays remarkably well above his league.

Guy #2. Laid back, fun. He is, however, considered hot by many women. No doubt his looks are what is going for him.

Guy #3. Basically the same as Guy #2, except even better looking. I'm pretty sure he could be a male model.

I'll tell you one thing: Laid back and fun are a helluva lot more attractive than this constant negativity you have going on here. You could look like Chris Hemsworth or Henry Cavill and your attitude would have me backing away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 04:40 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
No, that's not how I developed my conclusion. I'll state it in a more rigorous fashion. I think that if you were to select a random sampling of 1000 dudes, the correlation coefficient between their personality and their ability to attract women would come out to r ≈ 0.00.
Just because you use random numbers and apply quasi mathematics to it, doesn't make it anymore accurate.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-06-2013, 04:42 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Have you tried asking out equally unattractive women ?

"Unattractive" is a word that I don't think I've ever used to describe the physical body of a woman.

I have used the word "ugly" to describe many, many women for who they are on the inside, however.

I've approached women whom I found attractive, which I guarantee is not the status quo for "attractive" by many.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
What is your idea of "plays remarkably well above his league?" One night stands? Relationships? Marriage?

Whatever your observations or conclusions may be - quality seeks quality - and you can't have quality with out a great personality.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:43 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Yeah, but I know a lot of guys who are equally fun-spirited but don't attract women. Good-looking guys are automatically "fun" for women to hang around. Haven't you noticed this? lol
Not at all. What I've noticed is that the plain guys, the mediocre-looking guys make themselves irresistible to women by being bubbly and fun, and by making women feel great.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:46 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Yes you're right, personality doesn't matter one little bit. The only thing women care about is a big fat Johnson.

You're on to us alright

Old 07-06-2013, 04:48 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I'm bald, relatively short, drive an 8 year old car with 150k miles (a honda civic), Make average (at best) money, and have to give half of that away for alimony and child support and I've got a small unit.

Gotta cut it short, headed on a date right now! (must be the Civic!!!!)
It IS the Civic! Civic's are cool! Is it one of those hatchbacks? I love those, and some of the colors they come in! You need to post on the short-guy threads. They never believe me when I say that all the short guys I've known have had women eating out of the palms of their hands. You GO, dude!

Old 07-06-2013, 04:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Yes you're right, personality doesn't matter one little bit. The only thing women care about is a big fat Johnson.

You're on to us alright
If only that was true.

Curse us women for wanting more!!!!

Old 07-06-2013, 04:52 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
"Unattractive" is a word that I don't think I've ever used to describe the physical body of a woman.

I have used the word "ugly" to describe many, many women for who they are on the inside, however.

I've approached women whom I found attractive, which I guarantee is not the status quo for "attractive" by many.
So your findings are that you have a very large range of what women are attractive enough for you, but that (essentially) all of them find you physically too unattractive to date ?

Have you ever seen a girl, and thought, "errrm, no, ...... oh, what the heck ? I always get rejected, so I'll ask her out." (i.e. one that is not attractive to you, but you give her a chance anyways)

'Cause, what the heck, if you think you're that physically unattractive, maybe you ought to give a woman a chance that you aren't attracted to.

I know you've said you've had some very painful rejections from many of these ugly inside women. So, I dunno, I'm just shooting out ideas, seeing if any of them sound any good ...

Old 07-06-2013, 05:10 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships