Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 09:23 PM

6 posts, read 41,896 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure whether to laugh at OP's rant or to take it it into consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 09:27 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Get a dog and a blow up doll.

They will always love you long time.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:56 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Davros, do you think it is somehow exotic, or romantic or...IDK...mysterious to be The One That No One Understands? I picture you with the back of your hand to your forehead, rolling your eyes and swooning dramatically. but NO ONE CARES.

Frankly, I don't think most people worry about whether they "Truly Understand" other people or not, or if they themselves are "Truly Understood." They have their own concerns of negotiating the harsh real world around them. Job, grades, money, relationships, illness, death of a loved one, you get the picture.

Crying about being misunderstood by the world just seems like such a bunch of mental masturbation, of the sort a bored, insecure narcissist might indulge in.

You are better than that, or should aspire to be.

As I like to say, get out of your damn headâ„¢
zentropa - get out of MY head, lol

This is exactly what I was going to post!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:01 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Get a dog and a blow up doll.

They will always love you long time.
Nah. Getting a female robot would be better.

They at least talk to you during and after. They come programmed to talk about your hobbies!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:12 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
There is no point in my asking advice on this forum, because none of you can understand my thoughts and my reasons for giving up completely on ever dating in my life.

You can't understand that I know that I am basically unlovable and even if some woman gave me a chance, she'd soon grow tired of me and move on. Therefore, there is no point in even trying to find a girlfriend, because it would never last. There's no point in going through the pain of rejection, because it would all be for nothing, because I know that there is no chance of me ever having a lasting and positive relationship.

I am simply like an alien on this planet, not able to form any connections with any human beings because I am too different, and have too abrasive a personality. And my condition is permanent because it is my nature. So, there is not point in trying "to change" or "improve" or any of that sort of stuff that's always thrown at me. I'm always going to be the way I am and that's all there is to it.

There are many times that I "wish" I could be different, "wish" I could be normal, "wish" I could love a woman ... but then I catch myself, and say, no, I am who I am, and that is a Rock and an Island.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:36 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,365 times
Quote:
Why would I do that, when my personality is the main problem ?

I'm no male model, but I could find a girl if my only problem was my looks.
oh, you seem completely charming.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:31 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
There is no point in my asking advice on this forum, because none of you can understand my thoughts and my reasons for giving up completely on ever dating in my life.

You can't understand that I know that I am basically unlovable and even if some woman gave me a chance, she'd soon grow tired of me and move on. Therefore, there is no point in even trying to find a girlfriend, because it would never last. There's no point in going through the pain of rejection, because it would all be for nothing, because I know that there is no chance of me ever having a lasting and positive relationship.

I am simply like an alien on this planet, not able to form any connections with any human beings because I am too different, and have too abrasive a personality. And my condition is permanent because it is my nature. So, there is not point in trying "to change" or "improve" or any of that sort of stuff that's always thrown at me. I'm always going to be the way I am and that's all there is to it.

There are many times that I "wish" I could be different, "wish" I could be normal, "wish" I could love a woman ... but then I catch myself, and say, no, I am who I am, and that is a Rock and an Island.
What is normal?

Why would you care to be conventional?

First step-Don't compare yourself to others.

Second step- own everything about you. Abrasive people find love all the time. We all got our own flaws, mon!

Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
I've been waiting to be approached for all my life, and it's never happened. Maybe I'm not decent looking. I know I look kind of sloppy and non fashionable.

Thanks for the encouragement, though. But I think I really am becoming satisfied with being alone. Am in therapy though, and am thinking of working on some of these issues.
No. It's evident to everyone but you that you're not.

Between your self-proclaimed abrasive personality, sloppiness, whatever other personal quirks you have, combined with your health condition, you are facing an uphill battle. You have to be 100% willing to do the work required to change your outlook and attitude if you ever want to be happy in your life. I think the last thing you need to consider is finding a woman.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:19 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Yeah, you're a special snowflake. Whatever.

If you're unhappy with your life, make changes. Nobody ever said it would be easy. That stuff about it being your nature is just a cop-out. You can always make a conscious effort to treat people better. You can always consider whether you are treating people the way you would want them to treat you.

If you don't want to change, then don't. But if that's your course, don't go on Internet sites to talk about how hard it is to be you.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:36 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
OP needs this for his wall:
Attached Thumbnails
All you normal people can't even begin to understand me-individualitydemotivator.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships