Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 11:12 PM

543 posts, read 534,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Uh no, duck face = immaturity. I'm talking about this kinda face.
Criminy. Sith Lords in the making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 11:18 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Because you women have made it very difficult/scary to approach the female gender within the last few decades, especially when you have a look on your face walking around in public that suggests you sucked on a lemon while having a ponderosa tree shoved up your rear.

Not really the most "inviting" look I see from a lot of women
As if this explains anything. Go for the women who look approachable. Go for the women who chat with people in line, or who return your smile if you smile at them. You're just making excuses here.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:21 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
As if this explains anything. Go for the women who look approachable. Go for the women who chat with people in line, or who return your smile if you smile at them. You're just making excuses here.
'Round here I don't even get a hello back if I say hello to someone while passing on the street.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
'Round here I don't even get a hello back if I say hello to someone while passing on the street.
Women generally don't speak to strangers who accost them in the street. Unless they're strolling through a residential neighborhood where it's the custom to greet people you pass.

Kid, I thought Southerners traditionally are very friendly...?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:33 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wasn't an explanation, more of a personal observation. And besides, thats A LOT of women that may have great dating potential to just "ignore" them on the basis of their current facial expression, which isn't a great start for anything conversation based, let alone relationship material.

The trouble is, how do you choose the right ones?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:38 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Good lord, do you guys actually not know that the facial expressions in those pictures are the ones women put on deliberately in order to stop random guys from hitting on them?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
From someone who rarely manages to land a first date, hasn't parlayed that into a second date in a decade or more and has never had a "relationship" with a woman, you seriously are the very worst person to be opining on how most men date.

Nonsense - again.

Most people meet each other by participating in social activities with friends, family or coworkers - not by hunching over the keyboard waiting for Mr or Ms Marvellous to suddenly pop out of the screen.

Your last 2nd date was in the spring of 1957 LOL

Old 07-07-2013, 11:41 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Good lord, do you guys actually not know that the facial expressions in those pictures are the ones women put on deliberately in order to stop random guys from hitting on them?
Aaaaaand that once again proves my point that women instantly expect men to know what women are thinking at all times. Well we can't, so we have to go by your body language and what speech you give us. How the hell are we honestly supposed to know if thats their "Defensive, leave me alone face" or her all around, all the time "Life sucks, but men suck worse" face?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:42 PM

Pick ones who don't have their arms crossed for one thing. As many have posted here before, body language is an indicator of receptivity. There's no way to choose the "right" ones. You have to sift through a few haystacks to find a few gems. But out of each haystack you should be able to find a fair number of available individuals. Available AND willing to give you a shot. They say more or less 1 in 100.
The most efficient way to sift through large numbers is to join activities that have a good number of female participants. Another way that works for some members here is to simply be friendly with as many women as possible on a daily basis. Say hello to people, chat, be neighborly.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships