Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:56 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,995,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Very interesting.

So well put!

I gotta say, though, anyone who is into the law of attraction is way too deep in denial for me. I guess maybe that is what you are saying, too .
No, I wasn't. Not really. There's some truth to it. But I'm not in the business of trying to convince or convert others. lol Especially since I'm so big on balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 09:13 PM

143 posts, read 296,088 times
Male:

20's I dated waitresses, hostesses, and generally party girls. All I cared about is how cute they were and how fast I could **** them. I used to live in LA and tried to live the entourage lifestyle.

35 I want someone who is attractive, yet is a career oriented woman. No kids, and is younger than me, but serious about settling down. I'm also not looking for a party girl and would rather stay home and watch tv, go to the local bar, or go camping and stuff on the weekend. I wouldn't mind finding a good Christian woman who cares about people (but not causes).

For example of how I changed, my last girl who I stopped seeing several months ago wanted to have a threesome. 5-10 years ago, I would be like let's do it. Today, it's a turn off for me, because I'm looking for a wife, not a freak.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:17 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,068,758 times
My standards has gone up by a lot. I used to accept any women that would cross my path, but now I am careful to pick a compatible girl. Its important to me that she has the same values as me.

In my experience dating has gotten easier when I have been getting older (I am 23) because girls are more interested in settling down and not just playing around.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:43 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,713,789 times
Yes, wheel chairs are OK, now.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:27 AM

663 posts, read 777,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Pretty much though I did relax the height standard. I am 5'7 so I wanted a taller man. Now it doesn't matter.
Out of curiosity, how come height mattered before but now it doesn't?

Old 07-10-2013, 12:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,886,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Out of curiosity, how come height mattered before but now it doesn't?
Back then everything mattered and I wanted a tall man to show off. Same reason I wanted a man in excellent shape.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:17 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,915,953 times
32 year old male and a big one for me is that the woman has to have a decent job and at least some kind of postsecondary training. It is surprising how many women I have met between the ages of 25 and 35 who are still in school or has been doing the same thing since high school. Show some ambition! Another one for me (which has become more of an issue in the last ten years) is kids. I won't date someone with kids. At 22 that really wasn't much of an issue. A third one for me is not staying with someone who has mommy and/or daddy issues that she can't deal with. Been there, done that, not doing it again. A fourth requirement is that she not be a barfly. I used to love the bars ten years ago but am not so fond of them now.

Two requirements that have never changed are no smoking and not liking to travel. Those are probably the biggest dealbreakers for me still.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:04 PM

143 posts, read 296,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
32 year old male and a big one for me is that the woman has to have a decent job and at least some kind of postsecondary training. It is surprising how many women I have met between the ages of 25 and 35 who are still in school or has been doing the same thing since high school. Show some ambition! Another one for me (which has become more of an issue in the last ten years) is kids. I won't date someone with kids. At 22 that really wasn't much of an issue. A third one for me is not staying with someone who has mommy and/or daddy issues that she can't deal with. Been there, done that, not doing it again. A fourth requirement is that she not be a barfly. I used to love the bars ten years ago but am not so fond of them now.

Two requirements that have never changed are no smoking and not liking to travel. Those are probably the biggest dealbreakers for me still.
You are 32, if you date women your age, there is a good chance that she will have a child. The child issue used to be a deal breaker for me, but at 35, if im interested in a woman near my age then kids can be expected. Well, that is why I look for younger.

Man, I remember when I was 25 and one of my 30 something platoon mates would tell me to give single moms a chance. Back then Ina,ways said no; now, I am open to single moms.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:35 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,139,836 times
When I was 18, I wanted someone HOT, with great music taste, well-read, witty, and maybe some shared beliefs.

Now, at nearly 30, I insist upon shared faith & common values & goals, & I want someone I find reasonably physically attractive & click with personality-wise. Great music taste & an intellectual bent is icing on the cake.

I also think more about qualities they have I can respect & admire & which are good for a relationship than whatever emotional reactions they stir in me or how much they boost my ego.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,872,009 times
I thought I was strange, and maybe I'm doubly-strange. I've been very picky since at least early adulthood, and years later my criteria is virtually the same. Physically attractive, similar personality, somewhat similar in background, shared lack of religion, very similar values, child-free, similar interests, etc. Maybe the only thing I've changed is to demand more of an interest in working through whatever psychological problems one has. Unfortunately, my ideal person might have never existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships