Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 07:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
Yep. I get so sick of the straw-man argument that gets thrown around here: "You're bitter about not attracting women? Well, you appear to have some sense of entitlement where you believe you deserve a woman to be attracted to you."

Look, if women here would just admit that they're attracted to guys who are rich, good-looking, or popular, and that things like character, intelligence, humor, confidence, etc., are just things they say they're attracted to so as to not appear shallow, then there wouldn't be so many confused and bitter guys. But women keep pedaling the myth that any guy who isn't attractive to women must have a bad personality and be an unpleasant person to be around. It's hilarious. All the women here would be surprised to know that I'm actually a very pleasant person to be around and that I make friends easily and women enjoy hanging around me. It's the same way for a lot of guys who nonetheless aren't sexually attractive to women.
Why would we "admit" to something that is flat out NOT TRUE??

You are so invested in this little story in your own head that you can't see the forest for the trees
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 07:37 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
This happens WAAAAY more then people want to admit

Old 07-09-2013, 08:11 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Thats BS though. You dont habe to have money and good looks to attract women. Even when I was skinny and out of shape I was getting laid a ton. I have a huge nose thays crooked from being broken. A big forehead, big teeth, and a hairline thats always been way back. Im not tall (5'9) or really anything that stands out in the looks department. Even when I was making 50k a year and a welder I was getting laid by hot girls. I was dating a girl that probably 90% of guys here would call a 9 or 10 in both looks and personality. She even moved 1000 miles to live with me.

It IS about personality. Being genuine, nice, fun, confident, funny, comfortable, etc.

So I was a perfect example of not having looks, money, or a fancy job title. Now I am huge and in amazing shape, and I make way way way more money. Does it help? HELL YEAH. Not just in the attractiveness part, but mostly in the confidence part. In regards to money, makes very little more difference. I rarely took girls out when I was poor or making a ton. Not my thing.

My advice is, practice. Lower your standards even just to get some dates and practice. Be fun, confident, make jokes amd dont be ashamed to make fun of yourself. I could go all day giving personality tips but im honestly saying from experience on both sides of the fence, a good personality CAN trump looks and money. Just quit making the stupid excuses like lack of looks and money would be a GREAT start

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Honestly, when I've looked back at my dating life, some of the most attractive and eligible women I've dated were when I was fat. If anything, now that I'm in better shape, I think it's easier to assume that I'm a gym-rat D-bag bro, whereas before, I was just a lovable, funny, unintimidating teddy bear.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:10 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I haven't observed that. If anything I see quite the opposite, many women who prefer to be alone than with anyone considered "beneath" them. But I live in NYC, so that may have something to do with it.

Very true statement.

But most of these "elite" women always have a guy or two on the side that can take care of their "physical needs" from time to time. Don't forget about the other friend that is in the bottom sock drawer. Very few TRULY SINGLE women in today's society.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Very true statement.

But most of these "elite" women always have a guy or two on the side that can take care of their "physical needs" from time to time. Don't forget about the other friend that is in the bottom sock drawer. Very few TRULY SINGLE women in today's society.
I disagree, woman's single hood can pop-up a bunch of time as many men pump and dump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships