Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 10:38 AM

5,200 posts, read 4,657,724 times

Advertisements

This is really very simple. I have done this type of stuff many times except I'm usually very aware of what I am doing - wasting time with a person with tons of red flags because she is attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 12:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,598,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
JetJockey.....if the guy actually heard you say that there would probably not be another date. You have to develop your confidence. Otherwise things are never going to change.

Just saying.

You women like confident men.....And we men like confident women.

Women with low self esteem end up becoming sex targets for the dogs, liars, and cheaters of the world.
Ya know, I find this very interesting. There are sooo many threads on here where guys complain that women want too much, that they shoot out of their league and that they should re-evaluate their standards. Then, a person like me comes along who knows exactly where she stands in the dating world and KNOWS she's not good enough for certain men and I'm told to be more confident?

I've been told I 'own' rooms when I walk in, I have absolutely no issues with self confidence in my every day life, but with dating I've never been successful and men generally aren't interested in me. I know exactly where I stand and no amount of 'confidence' is going to help me. In fact, I've been told I have an 'overinflated sense of self importance' on a work performance review. Believe me, confidence is a non-issue.

I'm a realist. I understand my 'number' in the dating game and I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm just well aware of where I stand.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:09 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,099,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh, the same reason people respond to trolls on the internet even though we know we shouldn't.

And I don't believe that last part, unless it was reversed. Most women are considered as booty calls but only a select few would be considered long term.
Jet,

Not all guys think the same. I never, ever considered a date a booty call, I never considered many of the women I dated long term either. A date, or several dates, whatever the case may be, was for one reason, and that was to get to know them. I refused to be involved in one night stands and if that was what my date wanted, it was the first and last date.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Jet,

Not all guys think the same. I never, ever considered a date a booty call, I never considered many of the women I dated long term either. A date, or several dates, whatever the case may be, was for one reason, and that was to get to know them. I refused to be involved in one night stands and if that was what my date wanted, it was the first and last date.
Of course not all guys think the same...but I've found the vast majority of men around my age (late 20s) DO think this way. There are a few outliers here and there, but for the most part guys aren't looking to settle down or be with only one woman if they don't have to. If they have options, they will exercise those options as long as they possibly can.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:40 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,190,566 times
Quote:
Ya know, I find this very interesting. There are sooo many threads on here where guys complain that women want too much, that they shoot out of their league and that they should re-evaluate their standards. Then, a person like me comes along who knows exactly where she stands in the dating world and KNOWS she's not good enough for certain men and I'm told to be more confident?

I've been told I 'own' rooms when I walk in, I have absolutely no issues with self confidence in my every day life, but with dating I've never been successful and men generally aren't interested in me. I know exactly where I stand and no amount of 'confidence' is going to help me. In fact, I've been told I have an 'overinflated sense of self importance' on a work performance review. Believe me, confidence is a non-issue.

I'm a realist. I understand my 'number' in the dating game and I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm just well aware of where I stand.
They "shoot out of their league" because you(not you in general most women) tell men all the time looks don't matter for women and that all they need is personally and to make her feel a certain way. When men take that advice don't be surprised if they overestimate how far they can go

Old 07-16-2013, 03:59 PM

102,162 posts, read 107,578,294 times
Quote:
In fact, I've been told I have an 'overinflated sense of self importance' on a work performance review.
ugh. Do you think this is really true, or do you think this is a way of putting you in your place because you're a woman? A way of saying, "get out of the way of the guys"? Was this at your new job, or the old one?

Pardon inquiring minds for wanting to know...

Old 07-16-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
They "shoot out of their league" because you(not you in general most women) tell men all the time looks don't matter for women and that all they need is personally and to make her feel a certain way. When men take that advice don't be surprised if they overestimate how far they can go
I think it's fine that people shoot out of their league...they just shouldn't expect to have that person want to settle for them and be disappointed about it. That's exactly how I feel about the guy I've been hanging out with so I'm not expecting anything long term or committed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
ugh. Do you think this is really true, or do you think this is a way of putting you in your place because you're a woman? A way of saying, "get out of the way of the guys"? Was this at your new job, or the old one?

Pardon inquiring minds for wanting to know...
Well, I'm sure part of it was the whole 'hysterical woman' trope because if I even raised my voice a little bit or argued a point I would be accused of being 'on the rag' or PMSing which was suuuuper irritating.

For the most part, though, I'm pretty confident in my abilities and that seemed to make the guys angrier at me for some reason.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:29 PM

102,162 posts, read 107,578,294 times
Quote:
Well, I'm sure part of it was the whole 'hysterical woman' trope because if I even raised my voice a little bit or argued a point I would be accused of being 'on the rag' or PMSing which was suuuuper irritating.
Unacceptably rude, but also it's a deliberate intimidation tactic to get you to shut up. This sounds like your old job. I wonder why they hired you in the first place.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:19 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,546,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Unacceptably rude, but also it's a deliberate intimidation tactic to get you to shut up. This sounds like your old job. I wonder why they hired you in the first place.
Not only does she have a vagina, she must be quite pretty?

Old 07-16-2013, 06:47 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,221,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Not only does she have a vagina, she must be quite pretty?
She is, but she lives in an area where men are dirt bags and have used her so now she is a mild man hater. She needs to get out of her area.

I think she would like working for lycombing which I think is in the less populated area of PA of about 30k people, she would have to research what the men were like there. What she fails to believe is that while most men want sex early not all men will leave as soon as they get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships