Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are average men and women attractive?
Yes 28 59.57%
Maybe 10 21.28%
No 9 19.15%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 07:47 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,199,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Those are not average, those are overweight.

Try asking the same question with actually "average" people. Not what overweights american are trying to pass off as average in todays society.

Try 5'9" and 170 and 5'7" and 135.... I find many women that sized very attractive. Not ideal, but sexually attractive, yes.
You're missing the fact that overweight IS average these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 07:51 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,288,130 times
Average people should and do find other average people attractive.

Maybe not stop them in their tracks type reactions, but enough to take notice.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:08 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,949,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think it depends on what you think is 'average'. I've had guys say they think Sports Illustrated models are average, or that models bodies are average.

I know plenty of guys who would call this 'obese' or at the very least, fat.
Whenever a woman has a conversation with guys that make such claim like the above post, they really should throw that persons opinion out of the window. That kind of opinion is rediculous.

I am average height/weight. I would not say that women find me attractive. Not that I'm unattractive either. But women don't notice me when I am out and about. Not women that I am interested in anyway.
In an ideal world, average women show some interest in me. A smile, a hello, something. But over the years, I have had probably 5 average women show interest in me.
IMO, average women chase or want to be pursued by the hot guy. An average women is settling with an average guy.
When I meet women out with friends, many many of the even average women have absolutely no interest in a conversation with average me. it happened yet again this previous weekend. My friend bumped into some woman he knew. Woman had a friend, and the friend although was 120-140 lbs and 5'3" ish, couldnt be bothered to even have a conversation with me.

And the weird thing is, some people, guys and gals, think I'm skinny. In reality, I'm on the high side of my height/weight index. But because I'm not 200 lbs, people consider me 'skinny'.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:11 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,448,129 times
My concept of average was formed in the 60's, and corresponds closely to the healthy height/weight insurance tables of that period. Now, BMI captures the same concept for most people. "Average" in popular usage now is not a healthy average, and to me doesn't really mean anything as it is a constantly enlarging value.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:12 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,856,803 times
Sure, until (most) of them open their mouths.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:35 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,636,602 times
Whoa... those figures are approaching obesity, unless we're talking about bodybuilders. I don't find obesity attractive in any form, and I didn't know it was considered average. That's kind of sad.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:56 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,209,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Whoa... those figures are approaching obesity, unless we're talking about bodybuilders. I don't find obesity attractive in any form, and I didn't know it was considered average. That's kind of sad.
They should be approaching obesity, if the math is correct. Certain states have 30% obesity or higher.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:59 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,516,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Whenever a woman has a conversation with guys that make such claim like the above post, they really should throw that persons opinion out of the window. That kind of opinion is rediculous.

I am average height/weight. I would not say that women find me attractive. Not that I'm unattractive either. But women don't notice me when I am out and about. Not women that I am interested in anyway.
In an ideal world, average women show some interest in me. A smile, a hello, something. But over the years, I have had probably 5 average women show interest in me.
IMO, average women chase or want to be pursued by the hot guy. An average women is settling with an average guy.
When I meet women out with friends, many many of the even average women have absolutely no interest in a conversation with average me. it happened yet again this previous weekend. My friend bumped into some woman he knew. Woman had a friend, and the friend although was 120-140 lbs and 5'3" ish, couldnt be bothered to even have a conversation with me.

And the weird thing is, some people, guys and gals, think I'm skinny. In reality, I'm on the high side of my height/weight index. But because I'm not 200 lbs, people consider me 'skinny'.

The Bolded portion is spot on!! You cannot possibly take these people seriously who say stuff like that. It's no different than when talking to a woman on the street and she says a guy is only successful if he is making more than $900,000 and drives a Porsche. You can't make a broad statement or even say most people are that way, based on comments like that.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,577,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post

I agree...I usually just roll my eyes and tell them to take a look around and to point out which women have those bodies. It usually shuts them up.

Regardless...you may not be as 'average' as you think you are. If you're getting zero attention and women are ignoring you, you're likely below average. I thought I was average for a long time as well, but when I realized I was being ignored or even ridiculed by 'average' men I came to the conclusion that I was overinflating my looks and that I'm below average. It's a hard pill to swallow, but it does make things easier to acknowledge it.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:50 PM

332 posts, read 866,246 times
Average height and weight for the American woman is 5'4" and 150 pounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I am talking about a 200 lb 5'9 American man and 160 lb 5'7 American woman.

Do average folks have it tough or do they have it made for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships