Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 10:01 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It's posts like this that made me take a long sabbatical from the Relationship forum. Why? Because the foolishness and stupid personal choices like the ones you are making just depress the hell out of me. Let's go over this one point after another.

1. Hey, I get not being happy in a marriage. But that does not give you license to inflict wholesale misery on your husband, your three children, an unsuspecting wife, and whatever children your lover has. For that's what's going to occur if your behavior comes to light.

2. One of the most childish, dangerous notions ever devised is that we're somehow supposed to be happy all the damned time. Sometimes life isn't fun. Sometimes life requires getting through the rough patches. Mature and conscientious adults understand this.

3. Could it be that 50% of the reason your marriage is so boring is you?

4. Happiness is a decision. You decided to not be happy, so you're not. And everybody else is paying for your self-centeredness.

Here's the thing. I'm not one who believes that every affair is the result of total self-centeredness. I'm not totally unsympathetic to someone who finds themselves suddenly in that situation due to abuse, sexual incapacity, or whatever. But you just were bored and decided to have a thrill.

Get your act together. Act like a freaking adult. Decide whether your relationship with your husband and children is worth saving or not. And make sure that the life you'll have if you divorce is going to be worth the pain and alienation.

Just

So glad to see you out of "retirement"!

You said a mouthful, all of which I agree with of course.

IF she is for real I sincerely hope she lets go of her ego long enough to learn from all the wisdom here, especially what you said about her accusation that everyone here is "judging" her

As you said, the truth of it is that we have a far deeper appreciation of the damage she's causing in her life that she apparently does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Way to ruin a family. One thing before the kids. Entirely different afterwards. Your kids will be scarred for life due to your divorce. Just better hope they don't find out about the cheating and push you out of their lives.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:55 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,011,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjean View Post
See, this is a problem. Why can't people offer advice without being pious and judgmental? Am I to suppose that everyone else out there has lived extraordinarily moral lives and never strayed from the straight and narrow? We all know that's not true. I do appreciate your opinions, all of them, but maybe they could be offered without hatred.
You asked for advise. You put it out there. You need to take the good with the bad. Unfortunately, there is nothing good about cheating...and you know this. I doubt anybody is truly going to tell you anything that you don't already know. Besides, Did you really think people would make you feel better by offering advise as to why you shouldn't worry about your married lover getting back to you?

Married people who cheat, usually do it for the excitement. They cheat for a myriad of different reasons. But you can NEVER put your feelings/emotions towards the lover. They don't love you, and they don't have any desire to get to know you other than having sex. Besides, let's say you both fell in love. Wouldn't you be wondering if he would start cheating on you if and when things got boring?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:05 PM

141 posts, read 435,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
How do you two have an 18 year old when you have only been together 16 years?
Woops! Someone better improve trolling skills! No worries, no one else have noticed all the plot holes, same as in the "Indian guy" thread

But it does generate a heck of a lot of traffic, does it?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:31 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekie View Post
woops! Someone better improve trolling skills! No worries, no one else have noticed all the plot holes, same as in the "indian guy" thread

but it does generate a heck of a lot of traffic, does it?
lol

Old 07-10-2013, 01:34 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,098,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjean View Post
I have no idea what's going on there but my life in all these weird pieces is really screwing with my mind.
It is generally called 'karma' by most people.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:40 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
How do you two have an 18 year old when you have only been together 16 years?
Maybe the child was from a previous marriage (or non-marriage). Maybe the child was adopted. Maybe it was a typo.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:52 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,257,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Maybe the child was from a previous marriage (or non-marriage). Maybe the child was adopted. Maybe it was a typo.
It was addressed a while back in the thread. The 18-year-old came from a fling prior to her marriage.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:52 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Maybe it was addressed several pages ago (hint: it was).

Old 07-10-2013, 01:53 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
It was addressed a while back in the thread. The 18-year-old came from a fling prior to her marriage.
Shocking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships