Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 12:09 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,473,498 times

Advertisements

I would not have sex on the first date. I can't imagine knowing someone from one date that I feel comfortable enough with to be intimate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 09:43 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
How on earth did this turn into a thread about rape? I can certainly understand and accept a woman who refuses to have sex with a man until she gets to know better just as well as I can understand a man who is eager to have sex when he first meets her. I also understand that these 2 groups are coming from entirely different places and tend to grate on each other. Why not have a discussion about your reasons...instead of this pointless multi-log about rape?
If you want to know how this discussion in particular shifted from one topic to another, read the thread.

If you want to know how conversations in general change topic over time, maybe google 'conversational linguistics'.

If you just want to whine, start your own thread.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:20 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,871 times
Pretty much all women WILL have sex on the first date, as long as you create the right conditions for it. One of these conditions, is giving the woman ability to push the responsibility for sex unto you. This way they can tell their friends "he swept me off my feet, there was nothing I could do" or "i had too much too drink, there was nothing i could do". I can guarantee you, without any doubt, that at least half the female posters in this very thread, who are saying they dont do that, have in fact slept with a guy on a first date in the past - but likely what they mean is they dont do it "anymore". The few that truly havent, havent dated a guy who knew how to create the right conditions. Practicaly none will admit to it, due to social stigma rightfuly associated with woman's promiscuity. Real life experience, trumps BS and white lies. To know what youre doing, you must understand vast differences between men and women, as well as how each genders sexuality is perceived socially.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:00 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times
Of course.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:11 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Pretty much all women WILL have sex on the first date, as long as you create the right conditions for it. One of these conditions, is giving the woman ability to push the responsibility for sex unto you. This way they can tell their friends "he swept me off my feet, there was nothing I could do" or "i had too much too drink, there was nothing i could do". I can guarantee you, without any doubt, that at least half the female posters in this very thread, who are saying they dont do that, have in fact slept with a guy on a first date in the past - but likely what they mean is they dont do it "anymore". The few that truly havent, havent dated a guy who knew how to create the right conditions. Practicaly none will admit to it, due to social stigma rightfuly associated with woman's promiscuity. Real life experience, trumps BS and white lies. To know what youre doing, you must understand vast differences between men and women, as well as how each genders sexuality is perceived socially.
This theory presumes that the woman has to explain herself to someone afterwards. Unless she's living with her parents, no one would know if she slept with someone on the first date. So this doesn't hold water. Women are their own agents these days, and are answerable to no one. It's not the 50's anymore.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:18 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
The few that truly havent, havent dated a guy who knew how to create the right conditions.
Or we simply dated the kinds of men who respected our boundaries.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This theory presumes that the woman has to explain herself to someone afterwards. Unless she's living with her parents, no one would know if she slept with someone on the first date. So this doesn't hold water. Women are their own agents these days, and are answerable to no one. It's not the 50's anymore.
So many men have a very hard time not telling EVERYONE that they slept with someone...whether they have or haven't. So, while the woman may keep it to herself, the man involved has likely told everyone he knows, the strangers at the bar he frequents and basically anyone else who will listen.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:40 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So many men have a very hard time not telling EVERYONE that they slept with someone...whether they have or haven't. So, while the woman may keep it to herself, the man involved has likely told everyone he knows, the strangers at the bar he frequents and basically anyone else who will listen.
Been there in such company many times. It's very characteristic to U.S., but it's generally associated with media culture that spread such attitude, my opinion.
What's also true is that they'll more often target "easy lay" cases, whom they'd never want to be with.
What the truth is, people associate the following with it:
1. promiscuity in general (woman who's rumored to have decent number of boyfriends already)
2. substance abuse (either a person who sniffs the line, smokes pot, or reeks of alcohol)
3. tattoos as a rule of thumb
4. "wild" behavior in general
5. "old and used"

Those are VERY COMMON things that they use to depict someone who's an easy lay and they generally mention that stuff about them to rest of the company. By a general rule, it requires more than one of those characteristic, and any woman who happens to fit 3 or more is such by a definition.
Quite absurd thing is that, while they'll talk about those women "seeking a prince", they're seeking a "virginal maiden" as well, meaning that both are rather a perfect fit for each other but they don't want each other, because they subconsciously don't like it and they think they deserve "better".
it's quite moronic and hypocritical when you think of them - acting "modern" and seeking for "old standard".

EDIT: I just read that you have tattoos from another thread. I think this post isn't really what some people might think, they won't qualify YOU as "such woman", but lots of guys associate tattoos with "certain" behavior. And like I said, it also depends on many things. Guys who seek an easy lay use certain things as an indicator and there are many other indicators that play a much more prominent role other than tattoos when it comes to that.

Last edited by nald; 07-11-2013 at 04:41 PM..

Old 07-11-2013, 04:41 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,690,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Personally the term "Rape culture" is offensive to me as man. It implies that the majority of guys think rape is okay and socially acceptable and that's a bunch of crap.
Do you think that there are ANY circumstances where it's acceptable to rape, or when the victim was "asking for it"?

Do you believe prostitutes can be raped? Yes or no?

Do you believe that it's possible to be raped by someone you are dating/married to?

Is it rape if the victim was drunk or walking alone at night or wearing revealing clothing or not a virgin?

A lot of people do think that rape is ok in certain situations, even if they would not rape themselves.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:43 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,690,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Practical...I like the old "free love era" and the years following the trickle down effect of less formal encounters. The kids these days have it rough...simple was better...You made love- if it was good you moved in together without all of this other foolishness. Actually when I think back that era was LESS promiscuous. There was no "shopping around" and there was no waiting the "week" before you called- You got right down to business...

I remember the night we conceived our first daughter..We were held up in a cheap hotel...running out of money and having the hottest sex imaginable...it all worked out...in fact we live apart now..but I did enjoy a nice lunch and nap at her place this afternoon...no marriage - no divorce and four wonderful adult kids...and it did not cost a cent.
In another thread, I distinctly remember you saying something about being stuck in a miserable marriage to a woman you didn't love "just for the kids".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships