Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 08:46 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,482,998 times

Advertisements

I agree. The less attractive the more arrogant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 08:46 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You proved my point without me firing a shot.

Black athletes and celebrities represent 0.001% of the population, and their lives are nothing like those of the majority of people. And I hate to tell you this, but all black men have options, not just celebrities.
Also, celebrities are not all that. I've seen better looking regular folks.

I've been dumped by men before, God I don't even know how many. They all taught me something and I learned from all my mistakes. I've also dumped men but I don't consider them "losers".

They can find better women than me, I can find better men. It is life.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,766 times
Quote:
You can disagree all you like. Will Smith has the ability to attract any of the best looking black women on earth. Jada would in no way rank among those. Jada in fact has the female equivalent of a "great attitude" in Black-America. In other words her attitude and so-called "vibe" exudes something that men like Will Smith finds sexy (unless, Will is actually into thin women, but I'm going to hazard a guess he is not).
My comment above you quoted and are making a rebuttal against.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think any of us here including you are psychics. First of all, who knows what Will Smith really likes?
If both your statements are true, then how is it you know what other women like?

I don't disagree none of us are psychics. But I never made a declarative statement as to what for certain Will Smith likes. It could be inferred from what I typed--accurately inferred--that I was generalizing about black males in and from the U.S. (which Will Smith is part of) and that I was making an educated guess about what Will Smith likes as I'm a male member of his ethnic group. The whole concept of ethnicity is tied to the idea a bunch of people can and do share some similar cultural traits.

Quote:
Maybe he is like majority of the men I know who believe Beauty comes in different sizes, shapes, & forms.
The majority of men you know of course means you know more about Black-American culture than I do, eh? And of course you mean by that that your experiences with men is not merely anecdotal.

But I don't entirely disagree with you. As I pointed out in post #17 men are less discriminating than women. That is in fact backed by science, at least as the prevailing view with respects to Sexual Selection.

But it has already been stated in published articles and books that certain nationalities (or ethnicities too why might extrapolate from that--such as ethnic Black-Americans) prefer certain physical traits. Brazil is often pointed out as an example in contrast to the United States. Supposedly, the backside of women is more frequently shot by camera in Brazil than in the USofA.

A lot of Latino men and Black-American men had always loved women with the figure and skin hue of women like J-Lo before women like her became popular in mainstream American culture.

Quote:
My aunt does not have her breasts anymore (stage four breast cancer survivor) She still managed to find a husband who is also a cancer survivor. He found her to be incredibly gorgeous. There is somebody for everybody out there. no?
I had one aunt die of cancer and another that is a breast cancer survivor. Cancer is a major scourge and affects a lot of people and families.

I don't know if there is "somebody for everybody out there." It depends on what is meant to be implied by that statement as to whether I can agree or not.

I think I can love anyone on earth. And I think that holds true for everyone save for those impaired by certain conditions (autism and so on). Will I is another matter. Same thing goes for others. That's pretty much how I see it.

There are some people I'm not going to love.

Quote:
There are men and women who believe they are better looking than they really are. When I was younger, I believe I was the hottest chick on earth, and I have been dumped by men before , they always managed to put me in my place when I acted like a super b*tch. Act like an ass will be treated like an ass. . Lesson learned in a hard way.
Well... you learned your lesson I guess.

I'm familiar with women that acted like you. They are not uncommon.

Quote:
If looks is all a person can offer, well, then sorry to say, their relationships are not going to last.
Every human being basically has other things to offer besides their looks.

That's not the issue to me. And "have something to offer" is a vague statement. A Muslim man might date a Hindu woman but he might not date a woman that worships Satan.

A person that has no religious beliefs whatsoever might date a person that worships Satan if that Satanic person is also a feminist and votes for the political party they do.

Quote:
Someday, I will lose all my teeth, I am hoping I will still have a man who loves me for me. That is the relationship I am looking for.
I think most people desiring a Significant Other desire that.

Quote:
Also, you cannot judge real life based on celebrities.
Celebrities are a part of real life. Many of them are public involved in political and social issues. Odd someone would say that when Republicans often dismiss and liberal celebrities comments about foreign and domestic policies.

Celebrities like Jada and Will Smith have real marriages too. If its not real then what is it? Would gay marriage be more real? Or does that question mean I don't have "a great personality."

The gentleman that was married to this native born American woman presumably had a great personality, along with Osama Bin Laden since he had multiple wives.

Quote:
I've met many rock stars (for example, Bon Jovi) He is a sweet heart in real life. He doesn't walk around thinking he is the hottest man on earth, honestly he is not. But his attitude makes him very sexy and attractive. But maybe everything is just a show for him, who knows? He is a celebrity, pleasing people is part of his job.
So is being a politician. I voted form Obama the first time and voted for Democrats all my life but one time. I'm politically agnostic now.

Obama is a bit of a celebrity himself. But I don't think being a celebrity means one is less human. They certainly are less "average" but not less human.

Quote:
Maybe Will Smith really likes thinner women, who knows? honestly, who cares? As long as he is happy, who are you to judge?
I never judged Will Smith. You are hijacking this thread to make it into a beef with me.

What I stated was that Jada in Black-America is too thin to be rated in most black men's rating of "above average looks." And yes... one can speak about shared traits in an ethnic group. Sociology 101.

Yet, Jada is attractive enough to attract a handsome and successful man like Will Smith. I contended she is the female equivalent of a "short man with a 'great attitude'."

That's not judging Will. If he does like thin women that is fine but not something I understand as I'm not attracted to thin women. I like women that loo more like Alicia Keys and J-Lo. I don't care is she's black as night she would still look attractive if she was very curvy and had a fairly big booty. (Although, I've seen a few women with small butts that were very good looking too.)

I would contend what one regards as "proper" or "good" attitude depends on one's "formation."

For example, issues like gun control and gay marriage are hotly debated topics inside the United States now. What's the "good" attitude about those things to have depends on the "formation" of the person.

A Catholic in Italy might likely say the U.S. needs to pass strong gun control measures and not allow gay marriage. Whereas a Catholic that is Republican and American is likely to say the U.S. should not pass stronger gun control laws and should not allow gay marriage. A Catholic that is Democrat and American is likely to say the U.S. should pass strong gun control laws and allow gay marriage.

Don't let me start on secular people with little to no moral compass and incoherent beliefs thrown together like paint just splattered on canvas.

So, "what one has to offer" and "good attitudes" are often times pretty subjective opinions. Then again... some people do have some quality or charisma, for whatever reason, that just draws members of the opposite sex to them. Male or females can have this. Although Jada is a thin woman and not very "built," she does exude a certain non-physical sexiness to her.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
The whole concept of ethnicity is tied to the idea a bunch of people can and do share some similar cultural traits.

That's not the issue to me. And "have something to offer" is a vague statement. A Muslim man might date a Hindu woman but he might not date a woman that worships Satan.

A person that has no religious beliefs whatsoever might date a person that worships Satan if that Satanic person is also a feminist and votes for the political party they do.

Celebrities are a part of real life. Many of them are public involved in political and social issues. Odd someone would say that when Republicans often dismiss and liberal celebrities comments about foreign and domestic policies.

So is being a politician. I voted form Obama the first time and voted for Democrats all my life but one time. I'm politically agnostic now.

Obama is a bit of a celebrity himself. But I don't think being a celebrity means one is less human. They certainly are less "average" but not less human.

A Catholic in Italy might likely say the U.S. needs to pass strong gun control measures and not allow gay marriage. Whereas a Catholic that is Republican and American is likely to say the U.S. should not pass stronger gun control laws and should not allow gay marriage. A Catholic that is Democrat and American is likely to say the U.S. should pass strong gun control laws and allow gay marriage.

Don't let me start on secular people with little to no moral compass and incoherent beliefs thrown together like paint just splattered on canvas.
Tell you what, take your thread (sounds like you are starting another one) to political / other controversy or religion I will meet you there. How's that?

You are STILL hijacking the thread.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 PM

469 posts, read 566,983 times
Quote:
Tell you what, take your thread (sounds like you are starting another one) to political / other controversy or religion I will meet you there. How's that?

Agreed

Old 07-10-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
No, I do not agree with this. Nor does the American man that created this documentary.
Your comments below were in response to my comment above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
It's hilarious you would relate to the guy in the documentary. I say this because it's obvious he got caught up in a fantasy and was not living in the real world as he grew up. Not sure where he is heading with it in future installments, but the idea of "bigger, stronger, faster" being side effects of being American is false. Buying into that is a side effect of not living in reality. Considering the flavor of your posts, you can replace "bigger, stronger, faster" with "smarter, superior, brainier" but the side effect is still the same. You are living in an academic fantasy world.
What makes you think I "relate" to the guy? To an extent I do to an extent I don't. I was never fat. That was never a battle I had.

However, if you watched the documentary you would see he interviewed a gentleman explaining how American men have increasingly grown more concerned with their looks. The supplement industry is huge. Young men take steroids happens. I took steroids for a short time when I was in the Marine Corps and I would say about 25% of my company was on them. It was other Marines that brought me into and other Marines that shot me up.

Is that fantasy world? Are my Southwest medals and ribbons from not "living in the real world"? My combat action ribbon? (The combat action one I might actually agree with is not entirely "real world" accurate for the command I was in--but after the Vietnam War they gave them out easier in Desert Storm).

You're making a lot of empty statements. I entered college very late. I worked in construction for years painting.

I don't simply know life from reading.

However, you don't know how stupid you sound claiming Sexual Selection is not the real world? The reason being is that it is part of the Theory of Evolution. What you're basically saying is that the Theory of Evolution is not real life--and one might infer from that that life can be understood from the bible.

The bible has many great lessons for real life. And real life in many instances is in the bible (some fiction too). And the Theory of Evolution may be wrong entirely. It may. Or maybe just in parts. Sexual Selection may be false too. It may. But the lines of evidence behind both are very persuasive.

And if Sexual Selection were false we should expect to see in real life in Muslim land no man married to multiple wives.

So, since you claim to live in the "real life" will you show me that polygyny does not exist or at least that polyandry is as common?

By the way, doing a little Private Messaging to my detractor Marine? "Semper Fi"?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Your comments below were in response to my comment above.

What makes you think I "relate" to the guy? To an extent I do to an extent I don't. I was never fat. That was never a battle I had.

However, if you watched the documentary you would see he interviewed a gentleman explaining how American men have increasingly grown more concerned with their looks. The supplement industry is huge. Young men take steroids happens. I took steroids for a short time when I was in the Marine Corps and I would say about 25% of my company was on them. It was other Marines that brought me into and other Marines that shot me up.

Is that fantasy world? Are my Southwest medals and ribbons from not "living in the real world"? My combat action ribbon? (The combat action one I might actually agree with is not entirely "real world" accurate for the command I was in--but after the Vietnam War they gave them out easier in Desert Storm).

You're making a lot of empty statements. I entered college very late. I worked in construction for years painting.

I don't simply know life from reading.

However, you don't know how stupid you sound claiming Sexual Selection is not the real world? The reason being is that it is part of the Theory of Evolution. What you're basically saying is that the Theory of Evolution is not real life--and one might infer from that that life can be understood from the bible.

The bible has many great lessons for real life. And real life in many instances is in the bible (some fiction too). And the Theory of Evolution may be wrong entirely. It may. Or maybe just in parts. Sexual Selection may be false too. It may. But the lines of evidence behind both are very persuasive.

And if Sexual Selection were false we should expect to see in real life in Muslim land no man married to multiple wives.

So, since you claim to live in the "real life" will you show me that polygyny does not exist or at least that polyandry is as common?

By the way, doing a little Private Messaging to my detractor Marine? "Semper Fi"?
Do me a favor, actually do all of us a favor. Please take your political agenda and discussion to the POLITICAL FORUM. YOU'RE GETTING ON OUR NERVES! I'm trying to say that as polite as possible.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post
Do me a favor, actually do all of us a favor. Please take your political agenda and discussion to the POLITICAL FORUM. YOU'RE GETTING ON OUR NERVES! I'm trying to say that as polite as possible.
Thank you!

Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Thank you!
Welcome love! anyhow back to the topic at hand.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:

In post #213 you asked me question that had nothing whatsoever to do with the original post. So, I answered them. And only added the points about beliefs/attitude to illustrate people of different culture and beliefs will regard what is "good" or "proper" attitude differently.

But I can see you're questions and comments to me--that had noting to do with post #1 (e.g., your aunts breast cancer; Bon Jovi)-- were simply meant as a means to "set me up" so you can accuse me of going off topic when I reply to your off-topic questions and comments to me.

I'll simply not respond to you in this thread. Really, things have gone way off topic. But that was not by merely my doing. Many people had drifted into different issues that they revolved around the original questions in post #1. I got involved in some of those questions.

My views--and pointing out Sexual Selection--were no more liked than when Galileo pointed out the earth revolves around the sun. Nonetheless, the evidence from Sexual Selection (even among anthropologists is overwhelming--and anthropology is study of humans).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships