Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 10:21 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobchet View Post
i'm half asian
I know that. Desirable good qualities are universal.

Commitment / honor / loyalty / courage /integrity / loving/ gentle / caring

There are universal good qualities of a good man. Race has nothing to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 11:11 AM

143 posts, read 221,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
No no not at all! I'm very attractive to some Asian men. Just like some whites, blacks, and Indians.

I'm not a closeminded person. I hate hate hate stereotypes.
Raena77 - That's a refreshing thing to hear which i don't normally hear often. I think we asians are stereotyped based on the what Hollywood shows the world, with movies like american pie, etc showing our small weenie it has become hard for us to convince ladies that we can can do more than just sleep in bed. I am south asian by the way, and i owe you a cup of coffee for the complement. In case your wondering I am also quite hot.

Last edited by player07; 07-11-2013 at 11:51 AM..

Old 07-11-2013, 11:20 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The fact is, for a lot of people, "preference" is just a euphemism for prejudice.

A genuine preference is something both inexplicable and harmless. For example, someone may have a preference for rice, but will eat potatoes if no rice is available.

Excluding entire racial or ethnic groups from your dating pool isn't like that. Automatically rejecting members of other racial or ethnic groups is not a "preference." It suggest you harbor negative views about people who belong to that group, negative views that are so strong, you will not even consider members of that groups as individuals. That is prejudice, pure and simple.
True in many cases.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:19 PM

523 posts, read 840,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by player07 View Post
Raena77 - That's a refreshing thing to hear which i don't normally hear often. I think we asians are stereotyped based on the what Hollywood shows the world, with movies like american pie, etc showing our small weenie it has become hard for us to convince ladies that we can can do more than just sleep in bed. I am south asian by the way, and i owe you a cup of coffee for the complement. In case your wondering I am also quite hot.
I think you need to give us some eye candy then! Raena will agree!

Old 07-11-2013, 02:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by player07 View Post
Oh I know too well about stereotypes. My Filipina friends asked me why I dated a Asian man? They said a Asian man has such a small penis. And made jokes. I showed them a pic of my ex. And winked then said not all Asians are small. Lol
I still remember their faces.

And I'm not concerned about hot men. Haha
But thanks for the offer of a cup of Joe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
I think you need to give us some eye candy then! Raena will agree!
I will never not take up a offer of eye candy. Lol

Old 07-11-2013, 02:41 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
As unfair as it may seem...all I can say is to just keep moving and keep looking. Women will always have their preferences. Absolutely nothing you can do about that. I am a black guy that lives in an area dominated by Asians. Always present myself professionally. Get plenty of glances from the Asian ladies, but rarely if ever does it go any farther than that. Definitely a barrier there. Pretty sure you know how it works.

Don't worry about the few close-minded people. Move to a new city if you have to, but don't let a few picky women ruin your mood.
It depends on where you are as well. I was treated like a king in LA, Hawaii and Japan by Asian women. Never expected that.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:42 PM

102 posts, read 97,620 times
[quote=Raena77;30436389]Oh I know too well about stereotypes. My Filipina friends asked me why I dated a Asian man? They said a Asian man has such a small penis. And made jokes. I showed them a pic of my ex. And winked then said not all Asians are small. Lol

you're kidding, right?

Old 07-11-2013, 03:34 PM

[quote=bobchet;30436681]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Oh I know too well about stereotypes. My Filipina friends asked me why I dated a Asian man? They said a Asian man has such a small penis. And made jokes. I showed them a pic of my ex. And winked then said not all Asians are small. Lol

you're kidding, right?
No. Lol

Old 07-12-2013, 11:04 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,048,122 times
As a half-Japanese guy, I can comment on this. It is a challenge to pick up beautiful white women, especially blondes, even in Atlanta. The Southern Belles/Georgia Peaches tend to prefer white Southern gentlemen. iiwii, but challenge accepted! Maybe that's why I'm so attracted to white Southern women, especially blondes. I lived in California for awhile, and even there I was dating mostly Mexican or Asian girls, and not the stereotypical California blondes. Now Japan is where I did very well, since I look like a tall, handsome white-American to them.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
As a half-Japanese guy, I can comment on this. It is a challenge to pick up beautiful white women, especially blondes, even in Atlanta. The Southern Belles/Georgia Peaches tend to prefer white Southern gentlemen. iiwii, but challenge accepted! Maybe that's why I'm so attracted to white Southern women, especially blondes. I lived in California for awhile, and even there I was dating mostly Mexican or Asian girls, and not the stereotypical California blondes. Now Japan is where I did very well, since I look like a tall, handsome white-American to them.
That's exactly what my Asian friends say about my son. "Oh he looks half white."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships