Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 05:32 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times

Advertisements

Tender, affectionate words and verbal expressions of her love and affection are what makes me feel loved and valued Every time she says "ILY" (and which she blessedly does quite often!) feels just as special and just like the very first time, and fills my heart with true joy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 05:49 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

I do lots of sweet things for my husband. But the question wasn't what do you do for your spouse but what does your spouse do for you.
Yeah same here. However, I do special things for him too.

I'm his handy, dandy side-kick when he has a home improvement project he's working on. I help him cut wood, measure..etc. Makes the project go faster and we laugh a lot in the process.

He travels overseas often for work. When he comes home I plan a meal with pork or beef (even though I don't eat it) and his favorite side dishes because I know he misses a home-cooked meal. He usually gets some kind of baked good too.

I keep his beer stocked. He's not a big drinker but he likes a beer every so often.

I buy his sugar cereal, even though I despise it!

Old 07-11-2013, 05:53 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
I have thought and thought about this hoping to put something meaningful on this thread. My wife does a lot of little things for me and I am having a tough time putting it to words. In essence, my wife will do just about anything I ask her to do. Within reason, of course. And I don't abuse this and ask for stuff excessively but whenever I do ask for something she will always get it for me, make it for me, do it for me, etc. I've said it many times here, and I'll say it again, my wife is all around awesome!

Old 07-12-2013, 01:02 PM

14 posts, read 13,351 times
My very first boyfriend used to make me breakfast (peanut butter, banana, and jelly sandwiched between eggo waffles) and leave it on the windowsill beside the bed when he left for work; I was self-employed, so I'd hang around the house and work. He had remarkably good taste in clothes and was more than willing to come shopping with me and help me choose flattering outfits. Sometimes he'd gift me rather nice outfits that were the right size and looked great without me ever trying them on.

The boyfriend I was with last year would help with chores a lot when he knew I was tired from work; even cleaning the cat litter or throwing out food that had gone bad in the fridge weren't beneath him. He was spry and athletic and would also indulge my laziness and jump up to grab something for me when I would try to use The Force because I didn't want to get it myself. There was never a shortage of feeling desired, either; he'd goose or swat at me even when I had to brush him off to get somewhere on time.

The most recent boyfriend isn't big on affection; when I get a peck on the shoulder or he strokes my cheek, I kind of float a little. He can sometimes be cruelly unselfish in bed and make me see stars before I'm allowed to lay a hand on him. He doesn't have a lot of patience for frivolous and uninformative discussions, either, so the times that he entertains my most ridiculous topics ("Did you know that cats secretly rule the world and they just have you convinced otherwise so that they never have to put down a revolt?" "I want to be like Iris and leave rainbows in my wake as I cross the sky. Also, Nyan Cat.") are usually pretty thrilling for me.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:03 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,744,337 times
Just thought of another one.

My BF loves jelly beans and he's always buying the huge thing of Jelly Belly from CostCo. But he hates a few of the flavors (licorice, buttered popcorn, and Dr Pepper). When I'm over at his place, if he's not in the room I'll go thru the jelly beans and remove the flavors he hates.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:31 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
I hope he doesn't mind me posting this.

A couple months ago I woke up really sick, and hadn't gotten all the cleaning done. He got up and cleaned the toilet so I could puke in it. If that's not love, I don't know what is!

Old 07-12-2013, 10:51 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
It's been too long.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:44 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
I am not in a relationship right now, but I appreciate anything that a man does on his own to show he loves me. It could be a back rub, do the dishes for me, clean without asking, buy me a card or flowers for no reason at all, take me out to dinner when he knows I am too tired to cook, or just calls from work to see how I am.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:37 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Yeah same here. However, I do special things for him too.

I'm his handy, dandy side-kick when he has a home improvement project he's working on. I help him cut wood, measure..etc. Makes the project go faster and we laugh a lot in the process.

He travels overseas often for work. When he comes home I plan a meal with pork or beef (even though I don't eat it) and his favorite side dishes because I know he misses a home-cooked meal. He usually gets some kind of baked good too.

I keep his beer stocked. He's not a big drinker but he likes a beer every so often.

I buy his sugar cereal, even though I despise it!
his handy dandy sidekick... helps him cut wood...and other projects...cooks him steaks,,,,and makes sure the beer is stocked..
if you could skin a deer,,i think i know you

a lot of great responses....but i like this one,,,alot of guys dont have the patience to do projects with the wife... because he's either a bastard to be around, or she's too fidgety and complains

Old 07-14-2013, 06:24 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
This thread is great, And it's responses as well. I also think an important factor is to make sure we keep doing these things for our partners. Many times people get comfortable and just stop, Figuring there is no reason to continue. There sure is a reason, And we can often take things and people for granted as life rolls by. We may not mean to, But it happens. Life is short, And also can change in an instant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships