Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 11:20 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, and FWIW, two encounters in six weeks is hardly a "dick fest."

Yeah, the lack of respect, combined with the inaccuracy, misogyny and sex-negativity, all in that one little statement, says it all. She is lucky to be rid of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,239 times
Move on, it is obvious you don't want to marry her. After 3.5 years and no commitment that she wanted?
1. you can't change anyone
2. if you feel that once she does x and than you'll marry her... totally dick move on your part... you don't want to marry her.. period.
3. if you loved her for who she IS and not what she MAY BE.. than you would marry her - no questions asked.. If you want to marry who she may be... than seriously - move on!!!!!

You will ask the right girl at the right time to marry you... noone - and I mean noone should ever ever ever be pressured into a commitment like marriage.. EVER!!! If you're partner is pressuring you and you don't feel it or want it - move on!! For both your sakes.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:37 PM

71 posts, read 30,741 times
I misstated; she was seeing one guy as a fling numerous times. ONe night went to his place for a booty call. 24 hours later she gets picked up by two guys that take turns on her. Then she continues texting them..asking what theyre doing..and sending naked pics of herself. I'm somewhat feeling guilty that I turned her into this woman.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:39 PM

ok ok ill get over it and delete this thread. thanks for making me feel like a piece of ****(most of you). maybe i should

Old 07-10-2013, 11:40 PM

and thanks to those with the positive, constructive feedback

Old 07-10-2013, 11:42 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
OP, I thunk theres a lot of red flags here.

It sounds like your then-gf only wanted the ring and wedding party.
I think it is possible that although the menogè may have been fun for her, it obviously isn't the life she wanted, as she kind of crawled back to you soon afterwards.
I think you have kind if a right to be hurt, but only cause she dumped you over the phone basically because you wouldn't propose. The whole she hooked up with so-and-so goes out the window while you are hooking up with someone else. You would benefit from loosing the whole "my gf slept with someone while...." You two broke up, you weren't trying to get her back, and she sleep with other dudes. You slept with another woman. Next.

Understand that this 3.5 year exgf relationship is irreparable, and go separate ways. It sucks, and it's hard, but it is necessary.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:42 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
Move on, it is obvious you don't want to marry her. After 3.5 years and no commitment that she wanted?
1. you can't change anyone
2. if you feel that once she does x and than you'll marry her... totally dick move on your part... you don't want to marry her.. period.
3. if you loved her for who she IS and not what she MAY BE.. than you would marry her - no questions asked.. If you want to marry who she may be... than seriously - move on!!!!!

You will ask the right girl at the right time to marry you... noone - and I mean noone should ever ever ever be pressured into a commitment like marriage.. EVER!!! If you're partner is pressuring you and you don't feel it or want it - move on!! For both your sakes.
Exactly!

And she dumped you anyway. You can't go back even if you found an excuse to go back.

What is wrong with the new match.com girl? Is she not as cute? Dating sucks but you have to keep at it.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:50 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Thank you. Neither the OP nor the woman in question has any business in a serious relationship.

Oh, and FWIW, two encounters in six weeks is hardly a "dick fest."
but the average number of sexual partners is around 7 isnt it?
So if she has 3 partners in 6 weeks, plus the OP, makes four partners in 6 weeks...

I dont know what your habits are, and I'm not judging you, but 4 sexual partners in 6 weeks is a cause for concern for any adult IMO.

It is obvious that these two were not meant to be. They just don't see eye to eye on some important issues. I do believe that similar beliefs in sexuality is important. But, it isnt a deal breaker for everyone. But to the OP, his exgf's sexuality IS a dealbreaker to him.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:57 PM

new girl from match has no college education, is prissy/complainer. Not athletic as me and my ex were. She doesnt like to go hiking far. Complains after riding a beach cruiser in 10 minutes. CAn't cook. Doesnt help clean. Never picks up a check/bill.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:58 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
There are two sides to every story. You were stonewalling marriage. She walks out in frustration (anger?). You cut her off. Didn't even call her or say, "we need to talk." Then, you replied coldly to her texts, texting back. What was she to think? How was she to feel?

Then you both go out and get laid to create emotional distance between each other. This is pretty common and I guess it worked for you. But not for her. She still felt a strong attachment to you. So, she comes back and now you are the saint and she is the sinner? Because she had "more" sex than you did, and yours didn't count because you never told her, although she came clean?

Your saintly response: "how could she have done this to me?"

Now you want each other back, more or less, but she has to prove herself to you!

Come on. "Let he is without sin cast the first stone"? You are a hypocrite.

If you are in a lot of pain right now (which you call confusion), you are a primary contributor. You only have yourself to blame.

I mean what were you expecting? You didn't even know if you wanted to marry her.

I hope you've learned a lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships