Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 05:36 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I have to admit, this is a pretty good assesment of me. I really do like being in the driver's seat in a relationship. Not to say I want a woman to be a pushover, I do like a strong woman. But I do like to control most aspects of the relationship, but there are areas where I wouldn't mind reliquishing control. I for one like being the provider and bread winner. I find if that was taken away from me in a relationship, it would be very devastating to my ego. I would have a very hard time justifying my value to the union. To some degree, perhaps a young struggling single mother is easier to deal with, because I spent less time questioning my overall value to her. It's very obvious what my value is. Though I don't like the extreme cases of this either. for example, I don't want a woman to sit around doing nothing with her life, while I handled everything. Even if I made the money, I would love for her to contribute something as well.

So you use young single mother to make yourself feel better? Feel like you're important ? When really you're just an insecure sh1t? I feel sorry for any young single struggling female to gets involved with you! When I hear guys like you on this site I thank god every day I'm single and try even harder to bring my son up PROPERLY WITH GOOD MORALS and VALUES and pray he doesn't turn out like some of you idiots on here.

You my friend need a good kick up the arse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 05:46 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
So you use young single mother to make yourself feel better? Feel like you're important ? When really you're just an insecure sh1t? I feel sorry for any young single struggling female to gets involved with you! When I hear guys like you on this site I thank god every day I'm single and try even harder to bring my son up PROPERLY WITH GOOD MORALS and VALUES and pray he doesn't turn out like some of you idiots on here.

You my friend need a good kick up the arse!

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with my comment. do you think you can tell me what I said that would generate such a response?

Old 07-11-2013, 05:48 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Quote:
I have to admit, this is a pretty good assesment of me. I really do like being in the driver's seat in a relationship. Not to say I want a woman to be a pushover, I do like a strong woman. But I do like to control most aspects of the relationship, but there are areas where I wouldn't mind reliquishing control. I for one like being the provider and bread winner. I find if that was taken away from me in a relationship, it would be very devastating to my ego. I would have a very hard time justifying my value to the union. To some degree, perhaps a young struggling single mother is easier to deal with, because I spent less time questioning my overall value to her. It's very obvious what my value is. Though I don't like the extreme cases of this either. for example, I don't want a woman to sit around doing nothing with her life, while I handled everything. Even if I made the money, I would love for her to contribute something as well.
Very interesting, thank you for sharing more info. J/c though, why would you feel a need to have to control most aspects of the relationship? I mean, you could still hypothetically provide for her, in a relationship of full equals, right?

For example, I am romantically involved with a very sweet, very nice and incredibly kindhearted younger lady as well atm, maybe currently between just about around 2-3 years younger than your g/f perhaps I think, but there is full and 100% equality, between her and I There is no need for control on either side -- everything is shared 50-50, between us. Believe it or not lol, full equality can actually be quite and very liberating, especially if you both feel that you can fully-trust each other in that kind of way...

Old 07-11-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with my comment. do you think you can tell me what I said that would generate such a response?
I thought I bolded the part that I found offensive ?

You said you use young single mothers........being one myself I find that very disturbing that guys like you exist for one but you don't see any harm in what you do

Old 07-11-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:

You said you use young single mothers........being one myself I find that very disturbing that guys like you exist for one but you don't see any harm in what you do

No, I think everyone adds value to a relationship in some way. Just as you add value to a department at your job. If you aren't bringing any value to the table, then how can you justify the existence of the relationship? That doesn't make any sense. There is nothing wrong with quantifying your overall value in a relationship.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:

you're making it sound like I'm predatory, which I'm not. I don't take advantage of younger women, although I may do nice things for them. They benefit far more than I do

Old 07-11-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
you're making it sound like I'm predatory, which I'm not. I don't take advantage of younger women, although I may do nice things for them. They benefit far more than I do
You said that you find it easier being with them?

So if it's not to make yourself feel needed or to be the more dominant in the relationship then why go after young single mothers?

Old 07-11-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
No, I think everyone adds value to a relationship in some way. Just as you add value to a department at your job. If you aren't bringing any value to the table, then how can you justify the existence of the relationship? That doesn't make any sense. There is nothing wrong with quantifying your overall value in a relationship.
Well I would think that most people would agree that bringing themselves to the table is enough? No?

Personally if I'm in love I'm not interested in what else he can bring to the table for me having his heart and commitment would be enough.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
You said that you find it easier being with them?

So if it's not to make yourself feel needed or to be the more dominant in the relationship then why go after young single mothers?
I don't specifically target younger single mothers. But I certainly seem to not turn them away either. And yes I do need to feel needed and be dominant in the relationship. I don't mean total domination though. I would prefer a woman with a sense of direction herself and who can make some sort of contribution

Old 07-11-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Well I would think that most people would agree that bringing themselves to the table is enough? No?

Personally if I'm in love I'm not interested in what else he can bring to the table for me having his heart and commitment would be enough.
That doesn't sound realistic. Your value doesn't come from simply existing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships