Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Girls, would you have done the same too?
Yes, it was deserved 14 45.16%
No, but maybe a slap or punch 8 25.81%
Other 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 09:35 AM

6 posts, read 7,481 times

Advertisements

Well the three of us are single and we have a girls hang-out some weekends. Anyway we were in a club and some jerk grabbed and slapped my friend Martha's behind. Ok so that one probably deserves a slap in the face or report but my friend actually kicked him in the worst spot. To make matters worst she was wearing median heels. Needless to say, that guy was laying in a kind of fetal position and we left afterwards.

For some reason, I never had a jerk coming off that aggressive to me. Maybe the way I carry myself or my serious killer expression; I've been told that by some people.

Anyway, I think that was too much of a response. I think the only time I would do that would be if I were if I were getting cornered and he was going to seriously hurt me. I would have just reported him for sexual harassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 09:50 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,929 times
Hard to say.

He may have been hoping for a slap in the face -- many guys get aroused by being humiliated -- in which case it was good to give him the opposite of what he wanted. OTOH, if he's the kind that gets off by upsetting and hurting women, she may have now made him hate women more.

Regardless, I doubt she had time to think about all this before acting. She probably just kicked him instinctively.

That's the risk you take when you assault someone -- you will get their instinctive response, and you might not like it.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 AM

6 posts, read 7,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Hard to say.

He may have been hoping for a slap in the face -- many guys get aroused by being humiliated -- in which case it was good to give him the opposite of what he wanted. OTOH, if he's the kind that gets off by upsetting and hurting women, she may have now made him hate women more.

Regardless, I doubt she had time to think about all this before acting. She probably just kicked him instinctively.

That's the risk you take when you assault someone -- you will get their instinctive response, and you might not like it.
I understand but my friend seemed more angry than scared. She said You f****** creep, how about this and kicked him.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:58 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,850 times
Wow, that is crazy, but even from a guys point of view, he did deserve it a little. Was def. overboard but I could see some people doing that instinctively.

Girls need to be careful though. They think that they can physically abuse guys often when the guy has often done nothing physically towards them. I had a chick pour her water on me once cause my friends and I wouldn't move over on this bench we were sitting on. She was shocked when I poured my crown and coke over her head and all over her. Sorry if she thinks she can assault me like that because she thinks she should get what she wants cause she's a woman and I will sit there like a fool. She definitely attacked me after that and I just walked away while she was literally trying to beat me up (she was like 100 lbs). She got kicked out of the bar, I didn't. I didn't do anything cause it was just a drink, but I've seen some girls reallllllllly push the limits..

I don't think anyone should ever physically hit anyone else unless

A. The other person did something first (as in the OP's case)

B. They are ready to get hit back, regardless of size, gender, etc.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivine9 View Post
I understand but my friend seemed more angry than scared. She said You f****** creep, how about this and kicked him.
That's a normal response to assault, just like fear is. 'Fight or flight'.

Everyone reacts to some situations by getting scared and to other situations by getting angry, but not everyone reacts to the same situation the same way. Most people lean in one direction or another -- some people tend more to react with anger, some tend more towards fear.

If he did the same thing to you and your reaction was to be scared, she would probably think that was weird just like you think her anger is weird. But you are both normal-range.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:01 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,418 times
Eh, good for your friend. Some guys will do that and then be all, "I'm sorry, I couldn't control myself, let me buy you a drink to make it up to you." Then, not only do they get away with a free butt grab, but they then proceed to try to pick the woman up. I have seen this situation.

Whatever his logic was, maybe next time the jacka** will second guess grabbing someones butt.

For the most part, i wouldnt say your friend overreacted.
Granted, one night when I was out, some women grabbed my butt a bunch of times and then they were frustrated. "Doesn't this bother you?" one of them asked.

But what am I going to do? Kick a woman in the pants? I am probably not getting away with that, even if they were in the wrong.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I had a chick pour her water on me once cause my friends and I wouldn't move over on this bench we were sitting on. She was shocked when I poured my crown and coke over her head and all over her.
::laughing::

Old 07-11-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
But what am I going to do? Kick a woman in the pants? I am probably not getting away with that, even if they were in the wrong.
Wouldn't hurt, anyway.

I used to do a lot of martial arts. People are careful, but once in a blue moon a blow connects. I was about 100lbs and a 200lb guy aimed a strong, sweeping upward chop at my groin, trusting I would block it. I failed, and he connected, hard. Every guy in the class went 'Oof!' and scrunched over in empathy.

But to me, it felt like getting hit on the arm.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:08 AM

769 posts, read 976,669 times
I don't think men really need to get kicked there for a butt grab. I would have turned and given him the death glare..and that would have made him skulk away. I had three brothers they told me that kicking a guy there HURTS...smacking someone in the face isn't my style either. The glare works wonders...

Old 07-11-2013, 10:10 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,182,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivine9 View Post
Well the three of us are single and we have a girls hang-out some weekends. Anyway we were in a club and some jerk grabbed and slapped my friend Martha's behind. Ok so that one probably deserves a slap in the face or report but my friend actually kicked him in the worst spot. To make matters worst she was wearing median heels. Needless to say, that guy was laying in a kind of fetal position and we left afterwards.

For some reason, I never had a jerk coming off that aggressive to me. Maybe the way I carry myself or my serious killer expression; I've been told that by some people.

Anyway, I think that was too much of a response. I think the only time I would do that would be if I were if I were getting cornered and he was going to seriously hurt me. I would have just reported him for sexual harassment.
I have been told stories of women grabbing a guy's rear or even the genitals in a bar. Should these guys have decked the woman? Or just slapped her face?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships