Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 02:16 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,697,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Men, what percentage of women who have approached you did you turn down? Also, share why you turned them down. Include online dating site contacts only if you identify them as such.
nearly all the messages i get online are from VERY big women, or from moms; I've turned down nearly all those ... but then at the same time, the only two girls i've spent any length of time with from online were girls who contacted me first.

in person, i've turned down blatant offers of sex a few times, because i was suspicious of STDs. (do not regret.) i can only regret turning one girl down .... a hooters waitress... which i kick myself to this day over.

and as far as non-online dating go.. its been a mixed bag. i've had some not-so-attractive girls who wanted to date me, and i KNEW i would've just used them for sex, so i tried to be the 'nice guy' and turn them down, even though i wanted to bang.

Last edited by le roi; 07-15-2013 at 02:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 02:26 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,328,094 times
I have been ask out on a date by the opposite sex a few times. Some I knew, some were complete strangers. If I wasn't dating anyone I would say "Yes" whether I find the person attracted or not because I know it takes courage to ask any one out on a date.

Now, have I ever been ask by a girl to go steady in a relationship? Nope. All of the girls that I've met over the years, if they like me, they would give me plenty of hints and since I'm not that stupid. I usually can pick up the hint.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:13 PM

4,699 posts, read 4,065,589 times
I have been approached sometimes indirectly and even a few times directly, but the reject percentage is high, because girls who approach guys are often desperate.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:15 PM

11,352 posts, read 9,257,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I have been approached sometimes indirectly and even a few times directly, but the reject percentage is high, because girls who approach guys are often desperate.
What does than make men who approach women?

I wish women would approach more.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:18 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,107,319 times
Turned down a couple in my time. They were direct in my case about their interest. One told me last year to call her when me and my girlfriend break up. We ain't never broken up. Some women can be very direct.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,976,744 times
Quote:

You're Wrong - YouTube

Old 07-15-2013, 06:35 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,600,062 times
Quote:
Agreed. If a woman is attractive and desirable, she'll never have to approach a man. Ever. The women who do have to approach men are usually the ones who don't have any approaching them, so by default they have to make a move. These women are often viewed as 'easy' by the men they pursue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
What does than make men who approach women?

I wish women would approach more.
As long as they're hot. I've had my guy friends say the same thing, then turn around and complain because 'only the fatties keep talking to me'.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:40 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,030,486 times
If I'm not in a committed relationship-none get turned down. I give everyone a fair chance, because you just never know.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:22 PM

27,487 posts, read 28,570,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Agreed. If a woman is attractive and desirable, she'll never have to approach a man. Ever. The women who do have to approach men are usually the ones who don't have any approaching them, so by default they have to make a move.
I've been approached by attractive women many times and I had to turn down most of them.

They definitely approach.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:51 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,862,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
So this thread suggests that the men who get approached turn down most women, and the rest do not get approached and/or admit to being bad with signals (which may read as rejection to the women giving them). Honestly, the woman's thread reads similarly and it all explains why few seem to approach/directly initiate romantic interest at all. It does make me wonder how people manage to get together at all.
I think you're hearing a lot of stories by introverted guys approached by extraverted and/or unattractive women. In a more typical sample, the rejection rate would be lower.

But I fit into this site's demographic and could tell similar tales. Monteith-ness when in a good mood - I guess that makes me a safe target. I'm probably good at spotting the obvious signs. It's always awkward for me - I dislike forwardness and superficiality. Still waiting for my first experience with an obvious cougar or someone 'ghetto.' Never approached for casual sex - lol, someone would have to be a very bad judge to try that with me, and anyway I stay out of bars and clubs. The guys who have had that happen to them - I wish I could see pictures, because I assume they look like jocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships