Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 02:41 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,830,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yeah that post was highly offensive. In my 20's I didn't want a relationship the way I did later. I'm not obese either and never was. I'm also not a divorcee either.
I didn't mean to be offensive, but I am just sharing my observations. I live in a place with more single 40+ year old women per capita than many places in the country. Of course, there is exceptions, but I am speaking in general from how I perceive the situation.

Older women also are a bit grumpier, bitter and harder to get along with. I am not sure if hormonal changes or what is the problem, but I believe it is more to do with their attitudes. In a lot of ways I blame society for what it has done to older women. There are so many 40+/50+ single mothers and single women all alone, by themselves. The only thing keeping going is their careers. It's like they gave up on romance and womanhood, hence why they don't take care of their bodies, overeat and take numerous anti-depressants. I really am seeing a trend I am not happy about. On one hand, young women end up marrying some thug who ends up bailing when they were too young, immature, become a single mother and then stay single the rest of their lives. In the other instance, they are taught their careers are more important than anything and never end up in a serious relationship, but then as their beauty fades and they get older , they start to feel lonely and bad when they see couples with kids. At this point, though, they do not really want to get into a serious relationship, especially since being a mother , having a family is not part of the equation and having to answer to another person, after all those years of being an independent, career-person would cause problems. They forget though that most men naturally are looking to be a provider and find someone to be attached to, not someone to make an appointment for a lunch meeting or when it conveniences them.

In SOme cultures like France, where women take better care of themselves into their older age and femininity still holds some importance, I think I could consider dating/marrying a woman a bit older, although the children issue is another concern, especially for a 30 something like me. Many women cannot have children past their mid 30s.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:46 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
And many women can't ever have kids so what's your point? your post is so full of wrong assumptions.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:50 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I didn't mean to be offensive, but I am just sharing my observations. I live in a place with more single 40+ year old women per capita than many places in the country. Of course, there is exceptions, but I am speaking in general from how I perceive the situation.

Older women also are a bit grumpier, bitter and harder to get along with. I am not sure if hormonal changes or what is the problem, but I believe it is more to do with their attitudes. In a lot of ways I blame society for what it has done to older women. There are so many 40+/50+ single mothers and single women all alone, by themselves. The only thing keeping going is their careers. It's like they gave up on romance and womanhood, hence why they don't take care of their bodies, overeat and take numerous anti-depressants. I really am seeing a trend I am not happy about. On one hand, young women end up marrying some thug who ends up bailing when they were too young, immature, become a single mother and then stay single the rest of their lives. In the other instance, they are taught their careers are more important than anything and never end up in a serious relationship, but then as their beauty fades and they get older , they start to feel lonely and bad when they see couples with kids. At this point, though, they do not really want to get into a serious relationship, especially since being a mother , having a family is not part of the equation and having to answer to another person, after all those years of being an independent, career-person would cause problems. They forget though that most men naturally are looking to be a provider and find someone to be attached to, not someone to make an appointment for a lunch meeting or when it conveniences them.

In SOme cultures like France, where women take better care of themselves into their older age and femininity still holds some importance, I think I could consider dating/marrying a woman a bit older, although the children issue is another concern, especially for a 30 something like me. Many women cannot have children past their mid 30s.
You won't be making any friends here with this post based on demographics alone. I'm not gunna lie. I found this post to be a quite humorous...

Old 07-12-2013, 02:52 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:

And, here we go again....

Old 07-12-2013, 02:53 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,830,649 times
Wasn't looking to make friends, just share my opinion from what I observe.. Maybe things are different in Texas, but here in The Northwest, many women over 30 are overweight/obese and are quite grumpy and bitter, many are also single mothers.

This is certainly a reason why many men will flock to younger girls.. If you think it isn't, well then you can keep denying the problem.

The Obesity rate is also much higher for women than men here and increases with age.

Of course, I must be crazy, but most older men would prefer to be with a woman who is overweight/obese, bitter, rarely laughs, makes him feel even older than he is, rather than younger, doesn't want any kids, but expects some financial help for the kids she currently has but he cannot call his own. Oh yeah, he also highly desires a woman who spends more time with her job than with him. Most older, single, women have an entitlement complex and are much more dominating and usually assume a leadership position. Sadly, most men like being the head of the relationship and do like a bit of control. As horrible as it is, it is just nature. Having a woman who looks up to the man is a benefit, no matter how sexist or horrible one perceives it.

Sorry, but men are programmed to want a certain thing and older, American women, in general, don't really have it.. I apologize if people think I am being mean or slanderous.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngerwomen View Post
Many older guys like younger women?
Anyone tell me why?

I still haven't figured that one out yet.......

Old 07-12-2013, 02:56 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
For a bunch of different reasons depending on the individual.

Why?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-12-2013, 02:58 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
Quote:
Wasn't looking to make friends, just share my opinion from what I observe.. Maybe things are different in Texas, but here in The Northwest, many women over 30 are overweight/obese and are quite grumpy and bitter, many are also single mothers.

This is certainly a reason why many men will flock to younger girls.. If you think it isn't, well then you can keep denying the problem.

The Obesity rate is also much higher for women than men here and increases with age.

Of course, I must be crazy, but most older men would prefer to be with a woman who is overweight/obese, bitter, rarely laughs, makes him feel even older than he is, rather than younger, doesn't want any kids, but expects some financial help for the kids she currently has but he cannot call his own. Oh yeah, he also highly desires a woman who spends more time with her job than with him.

Sorry, but men are programmed to want a certain thing and older, American women, in general, don't really have it.. I apologize if people think I am being mean or slanderous.
And so it begins! I'm gunna kick back with my feet propped up on my desk and enjoy this

Old 07-12-2013, 03:07 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:

Of course, I must be crazy, but most older men would prefer to be with a woman who is overweight/obese, bitter, rarely laughs, makes him feel even older than he is, rather than younger, doesn't want any kids, but expects some financial help for the kids she currently has but he cannot call his own. Oh yeah, he also highly desires a woman who spends more time with her job than with him.

HAHAHA..........your original post is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen and this one is even funnier.

I have serious doubts about your actual experience in the real world with any woman let alone the many single Mother's out there who are single Mother's because their "husband" found a new shiny pretty toy to go and play with. I do not know ONE single Mother who gave up romance or her "womanhood" (I'm not sure how that is done exactly outside of gender changing surgery".

These women have a bigger responsibility than to find some random guy who is going to treat her well, accept her child without hesitation and wants to be a "family" not just some ******* who stops by long enough to have sex, brings the kid a toy and send them out to play for a while.

When a man or woman chooses to become a "family" with someone who already has a child finances are going to be mixed and (gasp) some of their money IS going to be used for "his" child or "her" child. The key to this not being an issue is when they have "children", not his, not hers, THEIRS no matter who is the biological parent. This scenario can and does happen every day and it is a good thing.
Otherwise Mrs. Brady and those girls would have been left out in the cold if Mr. Brady did not want to spend HIS money on HER children.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:

Of course, I must be crazy, but most older men would prefer to be with a woman who is overweight/obese, bitter, rarely laughs, makes him feel even older than he is, rather than younger, doesn't want any kids, but expects some financial help for the kids she currently has but he cannot call his own. Oh yeah, he also highly desires a woman who spends more time with her job than with him. Most older, single, women have an entitlement complex and are much more dominating and usually assume a leadership position. Sadly, most men like being the head of the relationship and do like a bit of control. As horrible as it is, it is just nature. Having a woman who looks up to the man is a benefit, no matter how sexist or horrible one perceives it.

Likewise, older women like me don't want men who are obese, have kids or any of the other things you mentioned. I am not obese, I don't have kids and really not even obsessed with my career. What's wrong with a woman wanting a leadership position? I worked hard my life. We finally get to why men want younger women, to control them. That's not a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships