Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 12:48 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,250,384 times

Advertisements

Its the fatties who run around with booty shorts all summer long.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:42 PM

769 posts, read 976,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Older women also are a bit grumpier, bitter and harder to get along with. I am not sure if hormonal changes or what is the problem, but I believe it is more to do with their attitudes. In a lot of ways I blame society for what it has done to older women. There are so many 40+/50+ single mothers and single women all alone, by themselves.
I love the generalizations. You do realize that the NW is not the only place in the US. I am 41. No kids at all. Professional career and can support myself. I work hard to take care of myself both physically and mentally.

On the flip side I have dated men who are 40+ and very bitter about their lives. They have issues with the ex wives getting child support for their kids. SO women are not the only bitter and cynical over 40.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:58 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
I love the generalizations. You do realize that the NW is not the only place in the US. I am 41. No kids at all. Professional career and can support myself. I work hard to take care of myself both physically and mentally.

On the flip side I have dated men who are 40+ and very bitter about their lives. They have issues with the ex wives getting child support for their kids. SO women are not the only bitter and cynical over 40.
It's why I don't date divorced men in general and never date divorced or never married dads. All of those I dated were so bitter about the exes and so cynical and needless to say never wanted to remarry. Many of them were in horrible shape too.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:00 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,401 times
older women look like an old grannie, nothing sexy about that

the younger the prettier and more physically attractive

the older and less attractive a women gets they lose their power of attraction

looks dont last forever

Old 07-15-2013, 03:03 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
It's why I don't date divorced men in general and never date divorced or never married dads. All of those I dated were so bitter about the exes and so cynical and needless to say never wanted to remarry. Many of them were in horrible shape too.
Really? I don't think any of us knew that.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:06 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post

looks dont last forever
Nor does the charm of poor grammar.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:06 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,250,384 times
Quote:

looks dont last forever
The world is crazy. Theres a market for that too. For ppl attracted to grannies.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
Interesting. I think you're partially correct at least about me. I'm just about mid-30s and currently like a 50-year-old man. My ex was 18 years older and I haven't had any luck with guys my age the past 6 years, so maybe all that I experienced as a kid is why I find myself so attracted to older men, despite my best efforts to date guys my age. Maybe that's why they like me too - I'm an old soul with a youthful energy and appearance.
Finally someone gets it right for me. I'm high energy type. I like to go out especially to concerts at small venues and sporting events, but at the same time not every night. For the most part women my age do not like to do the things that I like. Seldom do I see them at concerts I like to go to.

My reasons for preferring younger women have nothing to do with the many reasons that are in this thread. For example I have no interest in having children or bragging to my friends. And looks are secondary. I always preferred average looking women anyway. I do not want a trophy which is the same as someone high maintenance, especially when it comes to an older man. Not all but I think most.

I'd love to find someone your age to mid-40s. Not holding my breath but it would be nice. I don't even try that hard but perhaps I should.
Open to older as well but I'm beginning to think the chances are even slimmer that's going to happen for reasons stated.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Finally someone gets it right for me. I'm high energy type. I like to go out especially to concerts at small venues and sporting events, but at the same time not every night. For the most part women my age do not like to do the things that I like. Seldom do I see them at concerts I like to go to.

My reasons for preferring younger women have nothing to do with the many reasons that are in this thread. For example I have no interest in having children or bragging to my friends. And looks are secondary. I always preferred average looking women anyway. I do not want a trophy which is the same as someone high maintenance, especially when it comes to an older man. Not all but I think most.

I'd love to find someone your age to mid-40s. Not holding my breath but it would be nice. I don't even try that hard but perhaps I should.
Open to older as well but I'm beginning to think the chances are even slimmer that's going to happen for reasons stated.
There are women your age that are young at heart. Too many men (it's rarely women)claim they want younger women because they are young at heart, not realizing those same women probably want an actual young guy not a man who claims he is young at heart. I am 42 and no, not interesting in men mid 50s and up, don't care how "young" he may appear. I'm smart enough to realize as well that many men in their mid 50's and up start to have medical problems so while a man might be "young at heart" one day the next he might be in a nursing home.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:

looks dont last forever
No looks don't last forever but stupidity sure does. I just hope you grow up and realize that everyone ages, yes even men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships