Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 01:28 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,422,980 times

Advertisements

I think only girls can answer this. Guys do not think they are creepy but some girl may think he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 01:34 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
I think only girls can answer this. Guys do not think they are creepy but some girl may think he is.
Several women have answered, very consistently about what we find creepy. Then several men tell us our opinions and observations are wrong. In fact, only THEY know what creeps women out. Mansplaining at its finest.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:49 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,979,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
That's an interesting point, but I think guys can think somebody is creepy (or suspicious) too. However, I think some women, especially a certain type, may say some guys are creepy to let the guys in their group watch out for them or maybe tell the "creeper" off. Some women of a certain type might even sort of get off on having the ability to call a guy creepy or say they make her uncomfortable just to express some sort of power doing so holds. Women may also take pleasure in actively knowing they have a "protector" too, I don't know. It's weird. I'm sure any woman could call a guy creepy, but I think it tends to be very good-looking, young women.

Really, though, "creepy" might describe a guy who is kind of aloof, has a nervous disposition, and just doesn't seem as fully present and in tune as everybody else. Unfortunately many guys are like this and it's sometimes people can be so careless as to associate said types of guys with mass shooters, etc., which I think is sad and can be very hurtful to innocent ackward guys and make them worse. Actually, I think it's within the realm of possibility our society is creating those mass shooters because of the abuse of writing people off as "creepy". Don't empathize, make people feel comfortable and like they belong, marginalize them, and push them into a corner...and what do you produce?

If you ever pay attention, it's interesting how attractive women tend to cluster and isolate in certain places. In the city it might be very specific apartment complexes especially gated ones, or they may only have a certain territory they go out and about in, avoiding merely modest areas that are far from it for the fear they are dangerous. It seems like attractive women, especially a certain type of them, have very high standards of safety. It seems like certain people are living very scared of the world, which I think goes right along with abusively and hurtfully labelling guys "creepy". Actually, here in Kansas City on the news the other day a gated condo/apartment complex was recently penetrated and like a massive number of cars were broken into in the parking lot and then there were a certain type of women being interviewed saying they don't feel safe there anymore...and this is in KC's "uptown" area, the Country Club Plaza.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:18 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Several women have answered, very consistently about what we find creepy. Then several men tell us our opinions and observations are wrong. In fact, only THEY know what creeps women out. Mansplaining at its finest.
mansplaining...good one!!

there is a gender disposition- men usually dont ever have to worry about being physically/sexually assualted

many women have told me ,,this is one of their worst fears,,to be placed in a powerless situation with a guy she doesnt know-

so the creep factor is much much more of a concern for women,,than guys

psycopaths dont wear hats and t-shirts saying what they are- so women have to go on gut instincts and red flags

thats totally understandable!!

Old 07-13-2013, 04:34 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,743,861 times
Being manipulative.

Not taking no for an answer. (Not just in a sexual situation, also with stuff like refusing to back off, insisting on buying a girl a drink/continuing to talk to her after she's indicated she isn't interested and wants to be left alone.)

Inability to pick up on social cues (body language, facial expression, to e of voice) that indicate a girl in uncomfortable, not interested, or getting freaked out.

Refusal to respect those social cues.

Asking overly personal questions of someone you don't know. (Ex: you're sitting in a cafe or a bar, guy approaches you and asks your favorite sex position or if you have ever had a Brazilian wax.)

Not respecting physical boundaries. Standing too close to you in an otherwise empty elevator. Choosing to sit right next to you on an otherwise empty train.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:41 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,979,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
mansplaining...good one!!

there is a gender disposition- men usually dont ever have to worry about being physically/sexually assualted

many women have told me ,,this is one of their worst fears,,to be placed in a powerless situation with a guy she doesnt know-

so the creep factor is much much more of a concern for women,,than guys

psycopaths dont wear hats and t-shirts saying what they are- so women have to go on gut instincts and red flags

thats totally understandable!!
Uh, but aren't psychopaths supposedly charming, present as confident, etc.?

Old 07-13-2013, 04:44 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
That's an interesting point, but I think guys can think somebody is creepy (or suspicious) too. However, I think some women, especially a certain type, may say some guys are creepy to let the guys in their group watch out for them or maybe tell the "creeper" off. Some women of a certain type might even sort of get off on having the ability to call a guy creepy or say they make her uncomfortable just to express some sort of power doing so holds. Women may also take pleasure in actively knowing they have a "protector" too, I don't know. It's weird. I'm sure any woman could call a guy creepy, but I think it tends to be very good-looking, young women.

Really, though, "creepy" might describe a guy who is kind of aloof, has a nervous disposition, and just doesn't seem as fully present and in tune as everybody else. Unfortunately many guys are like this and it's sometimes people can be so careless as to associate said types of guys with mass shooters, etc., which I think is sad and can be very hurtful to innocent ackward guys and make them worse. Actually, I think it's within the realm of possibility our society is creating those mass shooters because of the abuse of writing people off as "creepy". Don't empathize, make people feel comfortable and like they belong, marginalize them, and push them into a corner...and what do you produce?

If you ever pay attention, it's interesting how attractive women tend to cluster and isolate in certain places. In the city it might be very specific apartment complexes especially gated ones, or they may only have a certain territory they go out and about in, avoiding merely modest areas that are far from it for the fear they are dangerous. It seems like attractive women, especially a certain type of them, have very high standards of safety. It seems like certain people are living very scared of the world, which I think goes right along with abusively and hurtfully labelling guys "creepy". Actually, here in Kansas City on the news the other day a gated condo/apartment complex was recently penetrated and like a massive number of cars were broken into in the parking lot and then there were a certain type of women being interviewed saying they don't feel safe there anymore...and this is in KC's "uptown" area, the Country Club Plaza.
I wonder if they ever tied the mass shootings to sexual frustration. I guess the shootings are too far apart before the politicians will ever start seriously considering full legalization of prostitution.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:13 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
How to Approach a Woman Without Being Creepy - Approaching Tips 2/6 - YouTube

6 Tips to Avoid Being Creepy | TrippAdvice

Old 07-13-2013, 05:21 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
I don't think any guys would be creepy if prostitution were cheap and legal, if you strike out you just call up your hooker again that night. You could be less nervous knowing you have something to fall back on at least for the time being. Having no safety net is a scary place to be.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:25 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,033,761 times
Any conversation regarding what is creepy should include something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEikGKDVsCc

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships