Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 03:49 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm not perfect - I just don't call people names. And he has shown absolutely no remorse nor has he admitted that there was anything wrong with calling her a "retard."

And someone canceling a date is not the sh t hitting the fan. That's my point. If he loses he cool over something small like this - how would he handle something bigger.
I wasn't referring to you Dew. And honestly calling someone a "retard" is awful. However, considering how he used to be, you have to say he made progress. None of us are perfect. We all have things that we have done or said that we wish we hadn't. He'll grow. But post after post of people telling him what he should have said/ how he should have acted/ handled it, etc, etc, it gets irritating. None of us are perfect, but we sure like to act like it sometimes. Myself included.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 07-14-2013 at 04:18 PM..

Old 07-14-2013, 03:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Raena it was such a beautiful night last night to go on a date and i was so sick coming back home from having dinner with family knowing i was supposed to be on a date

It wasn't muggy it was a nice night. I don't know who wants to go on a date in the rain

That's when u make it a blockbuster night
It was beautiful I went kayaking and canoeing.

Raining is a redbox night.lol

Ah don't sweat it Rocker chick wasn't right.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:52 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm not perfect - I just don't call people names. And he has shown absolutely no remorse nor has he admitted that there was anything wrong with calling her a "retard."

And someone canceling a date is not the sh t hitting the fan. That's my point. If he loses he cool over something small like this - how would he handle something bigger.
Its bad behavior on both sides. She's obviously oblivious to common courtesy or manners. He was looking forward to it and got his feelings hurt, so said something he shouldn't have. But I don't get why you're focused on this one thing and why you can't see that what she did wasn't right either.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:53 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Aww that really sucks.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:55 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
She asked what was my plans and I told her that I was still at work waiting for the rain to stop and then headed to the market

So i knew I was not going back out in the rain but didn't tell her that
So it's not out of the realm of possibility that she thought you weren't doing anything (which you weren't, really) and might like to see her in her band. She had no idea that she was breaking rule #4786: no spontaneity allowed.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:59 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Aww that really sucks.
You might want to recant your compassion. When many read that he (out of hurt and anger) called her a retard, he might have well have started WW3..I think far too many people are using peoples past posting histories against them. He gets honest and says that he didn't always handle things that well and it gets used against him. So much for not being "perfect" and for being honest. I guess he should have never told the truth about what he used to be like because people have long memories..It's as if people can't change, which is bull sh t. I don't think that he has changed completely (who ever does-that's called self-actualization/ which in all honesty is almost impossible to achieve, unless your mother teresa. However, he has in my opinion made progress.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Its bad behavior on both sides. She's obviously oblivious to common courtesy or manners. He was looking forward to it and got his feelings hurt, so said something he shouldn't have. But I don't get why you're focused on this one thing and why you can't see that what she did wasn't right either.
Because I think there's more to the story. Have you read all of his other threads? And the bottom line is - some people are flakey. It's annoying but not newsworthy. What she did was annoying - but they didn't even know each other. I'd rather find out someone was flakey before I had invested any time in them than later on down the line when I had developed feelings for them.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:00 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So it's not out of the realm of possibility that she thought you weren't doing anything (which you weren't, really) and might like to see her in her band. She had no idea that she was breaking rule #4786: no spontaneity allowed.

She thought I lived closed to where she was performing like walking distance.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
You might want to recant your compassion. When many read that he (out of hurt and anger) called her a retard, he might have well have started WW3..I think far too many people are using peoples past posting histories against them. He gets honest and says that he didn't always handle things that good and it gets used against him. So much for not being "perfect" and for being honest. I guess he should have never told the truth about what he used to be like because people have long memories..It's as if people can't change, which is bull sh t. I don't think that he has changed completely. However, he has in my opinion made progress.
Yes - but when people post the same thing over and over and don't learn - therein lies the problem. Like I said - he thinks she deserved to be called a retard. He never once said he shouldn't have done it. He basically said - Well, what else was I supposed to do? I couldn't let her get away with it!

Old 07-14-2013, 04:02 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Whatever, we had a planned date and she cancelled because I couldn't see when SHE was free on a different night than originally scheduled
OP, online dating seems to be way too stressful for you. Why not take a break, and try IRL dating, instead? Or take a break from dating altogether, and take up meditation? Some major de-stressing is in order. Chronic stress is hazardous to one's health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships