Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 03:13 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
I use to visit an old friend in prison from time to time. And during those visits, I've seen many hot women visiting their bf/husband that are serving 5-10-15-life sentences and yet they show up every weekend.
I'm thinking many are not so hot and if they are they are probably unstable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 03:48 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRites View Post
I have to say, there's not too many things that are more discouraging than when I see a guy who I would deem to be a terrible catch who still manages to have a cute/classy/nice girlfriend. I went out last night and hung out with my best friend and his cousin. His cousin is somebody who has never accomplished anything in his lifetime - he comes from a broken home, has been in jail several times, has had 2 DWIs, license currently suspended, no car, no college degree, no future in terms of having a career, lives at home still, currently unemployed (has never had a real job even when he was employed) and he's got a very cute girlfriend who is classy and smart. This guy is not even somebody who I would deem good boyfriend material - I know for a fact that he's cheated several times in the past on ex girlfriends. I don't understand what redeeming qualities she sees in him

How the hell does this happen? How does a cute girl go out with somebody like that who has struggled in so many areas when there are men out there like me who live a life of discipline, work ethic and proper morals (in terms of treating people the right way) who can't even get a date? Is she just attracted to the drama of dating somebody who has so many problems?

And no, before people ask, he's not better looking or more masculine than I am... far from it actually. He's average looking
I have not noticed that this some kind of general trend. In most cases, they women who gravitate towards troubled men are pretty troubled themselves. Sorry, but it sounds like you are just jealous of this man.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:43 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRites View Post
So we got a girl here who is very attractive, in great shape, has a decent job, college educated, very likable and fairly intelligent dating an average looking guy who does drugs, has been in jail, no career, no education, no license, no car, will probably be in a trailer his whole life

And we are saying that they're equal for each other? Okay come on now, somebody has to call out this utter insanity

Okay, I'll call out this utter insanity. The insanity that someone is so fixed on one girl when there are millions of others out there that he could choose from.

But there is a lot of work you have to do on yourself. Your posts come off as jealous, insecure, and with an extreme sense of entitlement.

I mean no offense, I myself have been there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships