Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 01:47 PM

6,230 posts, read 6,921,160 times

Advertisements

Not sure how someone making six figures would be involved with the type of people the OP is complaining about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 01:47 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRites View Post
She has a pretty face, a great body, has a very pleasant personality and is definitely bright

She's 50 leagues above the guy

Yeah. You're putting her on a pedastal. If she's choosing this guy than she really isn't as great as you are making her out to be. But like you said, she's really hot so she's flawless.

That's OK. There are a lot of dudes like you out there that will overlook a woman's personality flaws because she is smokin' hot.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:50 PM

70 posts, read 97,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
If your making 6 figures then your in an exclusive job and I would simply stay away from these venues.
I am not a snobby person...I hang out with plenty of folks who make a lot less money than I do and that's perfectly fine. I don't judge anybody by what they earn. Plenty of teachers out there far smarter than I am who earn a fraction of my income and I would never say I'm higher than any of them, quite the contrary actually

Quote:
The only way to know is to ask her either try to get her by herself or just ask right in front of him and be prepared to beat his a** if he gets in your face.
Huh? I would never do something like that. You realize he's my best friend's cousin right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiladybarb View Post
Why dont you ask her what attracted her to him or what she finds so endearing about him.

Because that would be a very awkward question to ask

Old 07-14-2013, 01:52 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,227,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
Not sure how someone making six figures would be involved with the type of people the OP is complaining about.
probably some family members friend of the family type of thing, sometimes its unavoidable to get roped into these situations. Once you see an attractive girl with a looser you cant unsee it. She may have a terrible personality but from the sounds of it she does not she is just with this guy for what ever reason.

Maybe she does not know she is hot and she has a high sex drive so she is just using this guy.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:56 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,570 times
Yea, he seems like one of these guys that feels like having a baseline requirement (nice job) entitles him to some hot ass. He should probably spend less time worrying about these 2 and more time not being so jealous of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
probably some family members friend of the family type of thing, sometimes its unavoidable to get roped into these situations.
Pretty much. My best friend is successful and his whole family is extremely successful. His cousin and his brothers are the only part of his extended family that struggles like that

His cousin is a nice guy BTW. I have hung out with him many times and I don't think he's a bad person. Actually I've offered to help him out on many occasions but he has never taken me up on my offer

Quote:
Once you see an attractive girl with a looser you cant unsee it. She may have a terrible personality but from the sounds of it she does not she is just with this guy for what ever reason.
Agreed with first part but she is a lovely person from all indications

Quote:
Maybe she does not know she is hot and she has a high sex drive so she is just using this guy.

A pretty young girl who does not know she is hot, you're kidding right?

Quote:
I am not a snobby person...I hang out with plenty of folks who make a lot less money than I do and that's perfectly fine. I don't judge anybody by what they earn. Plenty of teachers out there far smarter than I am who earn a fraction of my income and I would never say I'm higher than any of them, quite the contrary actually

Huh? I would never do something like that. You realize he's my best friend's cousin right?

Because that would be a very awkward question to ask
I guess im a snob then, I always hated hanging out with such people even before I became an engineer. In fact being forced to associate with such people is what kept me motivated to keep moving forward. Just tell your best friend that you have some other important work thing going on or your sick if his cousin is in town, if his cousin is always hanging around like a disease then you may have to be more frank about it. Tell him it irriates you that his trailer trash cousin was able to land a hot girl friend and it stresses you out to have to see it.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Yea, he seems like one of these guys that feels like having a baseline requirement (nice job) entitles him to some hot ass. He should probably spend less time worrying about these 2 and more time not being so jealous of others.
Making well into the 6 figure range puts him in the top 5% so its quite a bit more than a base line requirement.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post

I don't think anything entitles me to "hot ass", nor do I only care about sex like that. That's a pretty silly post there

Old 07-14-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I don't think anything entitles me to "hot ass", nor do I only care about sex like that. That's a pretty silly post there
People that post stuff like that are jealous of your income, even if the money is not getting you some hot ass, having that much money eliminates a lot of other stress in life.

ITs actually kinda nice only having to worry about hot ass rather than where you are going to sleep, how you are going to fuel your plane etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships