Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2007, 07:54 AM

788 posts, read 2,108,216 times

Advertisements

Oh honey - I am sooo sorry - when it rains it pours! Just think - you will be teflon girl when this is all over....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 08:32 AM

1,649 posts, read 4,991,001 times
Awwww...geesh! Hopefully, a hose won't be expensive.

I know. Let's wrap the old one around someones neck!! Now let's see?!? Who needs some life lessons? Wellllll, how about DAIB!?!?!? The whole bunch of us will come down and we'll dance and sing and say words...then we'll.......... OK. That's not nice.

If he knows you have car problems, wanna bet he'll try to inject himself in the situation. He'll get it fixed for ya!!! You need him to save you! Gag. Or...he may just be a bigger jerk and make demands that give you more stress. Either way...just ignore him.

I'm so sorry all of this is happening. Just remember...you are gonna be one resourceful, tough cookie!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:48 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,821,146 times
Oh Robyn, I'm sorry to hear it. You're in my thoughts today.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:33 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,744,087 times
Oh Robyn, I'm so sorry to hear..Thinking of you very often, esp. after hearing this news.. Lord Have Mercy! Extra prayers for you today, my dear.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:23 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,278,668 times
The tow truck just left with my car, it is gone.

I talked to a friend of mine who i have known since before A was born, more like a mentor. I told her about my situation, my whole situation.

Lindsay is having a small cow right now. I called ib and left a message. He can meet us this afternoon, down the street at the park. It is a good half hour or more since my last sentence, and I have talked with her, about her feelings, my feelings, etc, I think it went very well.

She is good now. Whenever she is asked to do something, in her mind, it is taken as an insult.

He called me back, after work, he will get the kids, down the street at the park. He was elated with the decision of this week, We decided on the meeting pick up time and place.

About my friend. I met her through a program called the crisis pregnancy something... A Christian program. I was pregant, before A, and this is a program that counsels girls to go against abortion, and for adoption, or keeping the baby.

Then they go into second virginity.

I lost that baby. But I remained going to that place for a long time, just to recieve the mentoring from P and she was introducing me into the world of Christianity.

She told me to have my car towed there, they would write up a slip, and for now, no charge.

L told me how she just couldn't take it, couldn't handle it, I told her sometimes I feel that way, like I could not handle another thing, at all. Then I told her how the Lord never gives us more than we can handle.

I told her just as soon as I get to the point where I think if one more thing happens...and then I recieve a blessing. She said like me and A....I said just like that.

I let her know, in a careful way, that people aren't insulting her, she thinks if I tell her to brush her hair, get ready for school, etc, this is an insult. I opened the drawer to her nightstand, and told her I was going to put the word insult in there for a while. She said ok, mommy.

She was so upset, just over having to reopen a plastic bag to put something more into it. She ran through the house, pulled the string down from the light in the small hallway where my pantry is, I cannot fix that, the light will just have to stay on till the bulb goes out, I guess.

She went on and on, and finally calmed down to where i was able to talk to her. She said everything has gone wrong. Ever since the night the police were at the house. My life was not supposed to be like this. I didn't like daddy yelling at you and A like that. From there, I tried to explain to her, that this, and many other things like it, were the reasons that I had decided to make this move, and change.

She told me daddy stopped smoking and is losing weight. I said that is very good for daddy, and I am getting healthier too. You see, we are apart from that relationship, that unfortunatly was not working how we wanted it to, and now we are able to be healthy, although we are still working on things. I told her that when I married him, it wasn't supposed to be like this, for either of us. We didn't want it to be like this, but somewhere down the line, it got that way, and was not good for either of us, or the kids.

She seemed to understand what I was talking about. I tried to gently compare some things that are going on with me, without being vivid, of course, and apply them to her things.

One day at a time...

Last edited by Pikantari; 11-16-2007 at 11:37 AM..

Old 11-16-2007, 11:30 AM

788 posts, read 2,108,216 times
wow - one one hand it was crappy - but a few really good things came of it. You are such a good mommy!!! I am sure you feel a whole lot better and so does she! God is really with you when you are talking to them. They are such amazing kids and you can tell that they know you love them.
Even the ib situation - it's good that you can give a little and show that it really isn't you having a power struggle - maybe it will chill him out a little. that can only be a good thing. And it will do you a world of good to have a little down time this weekend!!!
I am hoping for calm and peaceful for you this weekend!

Old 11-16-2007, 11:42 AM

1,649 posts, read 4,991,001 times
(((Robyn))) I wish I had something wise to say to you, Darlin'. Something comforting. I am at a loss right now.

You are doing so very well. You are staying strong with each challenge. You are doing a fantastic job with the kids.

I hope you find some peaceful time just for you this weekend and are blessed with some relief from the stress.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:04 PM

I told the kids that I am not going to call them this weekend, that I am just going to let them spend time with their dad, since it has been more than 2weeks since they've seen eachother. Told them it doesn't mean I don't love them, and if they want to call me, they can.

This will allow him time with the kids, uninterupted by me, and they will be aware I am not calling. They also know they can call me if they want to, or need to.

My sister said this may be something to try. it will be hard, but I am gonna do it. I just hope he doesn't take it like, what she doesn't care, isn't calling, ok on sat, 1117, she did not call the kids.

But, alas, he did ask me why I needed to call them anyways.

So, maybe he wont. I will just mark in my book, that I have let the kids know this, and on ea day whether or not they called, and that I did not call, allowing kids time w father.

?????????

Old 11-16-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
(((Robyn))) I wish I had something wise to say to you, Darlin'. Something comforting. I am at a loss right now.

You are doing so very well. You are staying strong with each challenge. You are doing a fantastic job with the kids.

I hope you find some peaceful time just for you this weekend and are blessed with some relief from the stress.
Everything you say to me is wise, as well as the rest of you guys....

hugs

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 11 seconds.

That was not necessary. at least I can smile, through it all.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:10 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,744,087 times
Dearest Robyn, you are wise beyond your years, but I see that this wisdom has come with much pain and sorrow and suffering. Such is the way of this life, or so it seems to be. You have chosen to follow the way of faith, hope and love, and our faithful Saviour will give you strength all the way. You indeed are a remarkable young woman. May God reward you now and in the life to come for all you are doing for your precious children. I know you are so thankful for their lives; may God ever save and protect them!

I'm echoing ILTB and Rockky....you are a Wonderful mother!I too am wishing you some peace & restoration this week end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships