Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2007, 06:47 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,161,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Ouch! I had one of those about 5 years ago. Horrible!
I've had them too - which is my point - although painful or not pleasant, it will pass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 07:05 AM

1,649 posts, read 4,990,436 times
I have a kidney stone now, but it just seems to be pat of the 'landscape'.

Gooood morning, Robyn!!! So. Would you say that "Cletus" is more of a dog or a cat? Does he purrrr, or does he scratch with his back leg?
Muahahahahahahaha!

DAIB thinks you can't move too far away because he'll miss the kids too much. He may move to North Carolina? How far into North Carolina? How far away? Seems more like control issues to me. Hey, DAIBAlphaButt! Pick one train of thought and call me in the morning!!!

Dirtyratsenfratzem. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Old 12-17-2007, 11:27 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,121,803 times
cinderobyn, I'm glad that your visit went well.
About your younger sister and what you witnessed while visiting her. Siblings usually do grow apart as they get older and establish there own families and independent lives. They can build a wall between themselves and the rest of the family to avoid interference and commentary about their life choices.
At least that's what my sister did when she underwent several crises involving her choice of relationships and lifestyle. She distanced herself by geography (by moving to CA) and by limiting her contact ever since.
Only the most basic family bond is left in the end, and that really only allows other family members to voice their most basic support and family affection in a limited way when the opportunity to speak or to visit arises.
I think that siblings often do resent it when other family members try to influence or criticize their life decisions unless they ask for help or are receptive to it. Sometimes it works out better to remain silent about any of it so as to avoid stirring up family drama and conflict, and that's because their situation often results from their own choice.
As sad as it may be, when life happens, what can really be said or done about it except to offend or to create hard feelings or to put a strain on an existing relationship?

Last edited by sun; 12-17-2007 at 11:36 AM..

Old 12-17-2007, 12:17 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,274,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
No, it's MR. PILOT light that's got Robyn's eye....
No its not! So Poo!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:21 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,274,583 times
Default an update.

A gentleman from the mediation center called me earlier today here at work. He said he saw that I had signed the mediation papers but that ib had not, that he wanted to review them w his lawyer.

He has never gotten any revision or anything back in, called them, anything. I told the man that we have a hearing this wednesday and he says perfect, I will forward what I have to the judge today then.

YAY!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:58 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,742,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
A gentleman from the mediation center called me earlier today here at work. He said he saw that I had signed the mediation papers but that ib had not, that he wanted to review them w his lawyer.

He has never gotten any revision or anything back in, called them, anything. I told the man that we have a hearing this wednesday and he says perfect, I will forward what I have to the judge today then.

YAY!
Oh....this has got to be very good

Old 12-17-2007, 02:13 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,845,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post

YAY!
GREAT NEWS! So, it IS being overseen by a judge. She/He will not look to kindly on a sensible mediation without ib signing those papers!

YES!!

Old 12-17-2007, 03:52 PM

788 posts, read 2,108,040 times
Default if he.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
I have a kidney stone now, but it just seems to be pat of the 'landscape'.

Gooood morning, Robyn!!! So. Would you say that "Cletus" is more of a dog or a cat? Does he purrrr, or does he scratch with his back leg?
Muahahahahahahaha!

DAIB thinks you can't move too far away because he'll miss the kids too much. He may move to North Carolina? How far into North Carolina? How far away? Seems more like control issues to me. Hey, DAIBAlphaButt! Pick one train of thought and call me in the morning!!!

Dirtyratsenfratzem. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

licks himself you still can't be sure

Old 12-17-2007, 03:55 PM

788 posts, read 2,108,040 times
I am sooo glad about the lawyer looking at the mediation stuff. It also means that he will look at the mediators notes! That is huge for you Robyn. There will surely be some kind of family counseling ordered and that can only help the kids

Old 12-17-2007, 04:46 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,845,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
I am sooo glad about the lawyer looking at the mediation stuff. It also means that he will look at the mediators notes! That is huge for you Robyn. There will surely be some kind of family counseling ordered and that can only help the kids
Not just a lawyer... The JUDGE!

Here comes the judge!

Here comes the judge!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships