Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 09:39 PM

3 posts, read 3,782 times

Advertisements

Met up with a good friend and her toddler kids for a breakfast this morning. Got to the restaurant a lil early and was helped by a beautiful waitress with a great smile. We exchanged glances often and she was really very sweet. My friend and her kids arrive and my focus shifts! After we finish eating, my friends runs her daughter out to the car to change and leaves her son with me. As soon as my friend walks out the cute waitress walks up and smiles.. Asks if they are mine. I reply that they are not, im just really good friends with their mother. She smiles and continues on! Shift changed and I didn't see her after that. My question is... Was she just being sweet or does that sound like an indicator of interest? I'm gonna head down again this week with a buddy and ask her out anyways lol, but was wondering about the questioning if they were my kids. If she wasn't interested wouldn't she just assume they were mine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 09:43 PM

469 posts, read 567,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jooooeeee View Post
Met up with a good friend and her toddler kids for a breakfast this morning. Got to the restaurant a lil early and was helped by a beautiful waitress with a great smile. We exchanged glances often and she was really very sweet. My friend and her kids arrive and my focus shifts! After we finish eating, my friends runs her daughter out to the car to change and leaves her son with me. As soon as my friend walks out the cute waitress walks up and smiles.. Asks if they are mine. I reply that they are not, im just really good friends with their mother. She smiles and continues on! Shift changed and I didn't see her after that. My question is... Was she just being sweet or does that sound like an indicator of interest? I'm gonna head down again this week with a buddy and ask her out anyways lol, but was wondering about the questioning if they were my kids. If she wasn't interested wouldn't she just assume they were mine?
Could go either way, but based on what you have stated. She has interest and see's that you're good with kids. Men who are good with kids tend to attract more women than those who aren't. Take a chance, heck why not give it a shot. & If she smiles, i think it's an indicator. Otherwise, why would she have asked?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Hard to say but you should ask her out if you like her.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
It's not like there is some agreed upon question that women ask to show their interest. Some people are friendly. Some people are showing interest. It's impossible for us to know which it is because we weren't there. If you are interested in her - just ask her out.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:01 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
She was being polite. That is part of her job.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:03 PM

3 posts, read 3,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It's not like there is some agreed upon question that women ask to show their interest. Some people are friendly. Some people are showing interest. It's impossible for us to know which it is because we weren't there. If you are interested in her - just ask her out.
But it would be sooo much easier if there was an agreed question that women could ask to show interest! =) I guess I already know the answer.. Just wanted to pick everyone's brains!!

Old 07-28-2013, 01:15 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
She wants the D.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:40 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Many times people ask about kids so they can talk about their own kids. My guess is that she was just making conversation, but if you want to ask her out there's no harm in it.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:13 AM

32,659 posts, read 48,079,532 times
Go ahead and ask her out. There are only 2 possible results of that: she will agree or she will say no.

But just because a waitress smiles at a man or makes a comments about his children does not mean she has the hots for him. All it means is that she is doing her job and working for her tips.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:14 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Go by yourself, that will be the best indicator.
Girls of all kinds used to smile at me on my walking route around a local college campus..............turns out it was because of the dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships