Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 01:21 AM

71 posts, read 90,808 times

Advertisements

I've been exclusively seeing this girl for almost a month now and had been talking for 3 weeks before we started hanging out. We're both 22 and done with college and I'm already working full time and she's moving in 2 weeks to live in a big, major city a few states away (a 3.5 hour drive).

Things ended kind of weird for us this past week. She just stopped talking to me after I took her out on monday and then told me that although she had fun hanging out with me, she thought it was best if we stopped seeing each other . I told her I hope we could still be friends and wished her the best. She didn't care to respond to this.

My question is pretty simple: would you rather cut ties completely with a girl you may never get to see again and are still interested in or would you want to remain friends and initiate some contact every once in awhile?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 01:33 AM

845 posts, read 1,342,349 times
In a situation like your, probably nothing at all. If she was moving to a place down the street, well that's different. It can be tough when feelings are not in arms reach.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:59 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,926,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateguy8 View Post
I've been exclusively seeing this girl for almost a month now and had been talking for 3 weeks before we started hanging out. We're both 22 and done with college and I'm already working full time and she's moving in 2 weeks to live in a big, major city a few states away (a 3.5 hour drive).

Things ended kind of weird for us this past week. She just stopped talking to me after I took her out on monday and then told me that although she had fun hanging out with me, she thought it was best if we stopped seeing each other . I told her I hope we could still be friends and wished her the best. She didn't care to respond to this.

My question is pretty simple: would you rather cut ties completely with a girl you may never get to see again and are still interested in or would you want to remain friends and initiate some contact every once in awhile?
Welcome to the club.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:33 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,071,243 times
Friends, or nothing at all.
If she wants to go bye-bye, then blow her off and move on to some other thing.

Besides, it's always fascinating to think of stumbling upon them in the near future and see if they lived up to what you thought they would become. Or not.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:55 AM

19,954 posts, read 29,990,395 times
if you love some-one...set them free, if she never comes back, she was never yours

she wants to spread her wings and fly into the big city...with nothing weighing her down...
give her a month,,,, then give her a call

Old 07-20-2013, 03:09 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,226,696 times
cut

Old 07-20-2013, 06:12 AM

7,873 posts, read 10,222,291 times
Quote:

say goodbye

you will get a reputation for being a friendzone kinda guy

Old 07-20-2013, 10:07 AM

50,090 posts, read 35,727,051 times
Quote:

You're never going to get off the friend's ladder once on it. You will watch her date other guys and it will hurt, and it will keep you from meeting a girl for whom the attraction is mutual. Cut your losses and move on.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:09 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,409,969 times
Quote:
would you rather cut ties completely with a girl you may never get to see again and are still interested in or would you want to remain friends and initiate some contact every once in awhile?
Cut ties until you're over it. After that, remain friends. Remember, friends are still friends and also they are networking opportunities for jobs and they might also be future partners for other (guy) friends of yours.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:21 AM

13,565 posts, read 9,573,834 times
Ask her outright: why the change in her demeanor? Is she mentally preparing herself for impending separation and therefore clipping the relationship before it gets serious, not wishing to be involved in something long-distance? Or has she found some one else? I’d base my decision on her answer. And if she waffles, prevaricating or going something noncommittal and evasive, that right there is proof that not even casual friendship is warranted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships